2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

Rooting like mad for Golden State to win tomorrow and extend this series another game. I’ll be in Toronto on Thursday, and even though that game will be at Golden State, how cool would it be to be in Toronto when that team wins an NBA title? Can you imagine how polite and orderly all the rioting and looting will be?
Not so fast sweetheart

Vancouver Canucks fans had a massive riot like 8 years ago. 10 windows were broken

On 6/9/2019 at 8:44 AM, Brian Fantana said:

There's a 0% chance you said this in 2015.

People have been giving asterisk to titles forever, people on this board give both Rockets titles an asterisk so my original post was said more as a joke than anything. 

I did say in 2015 the finals would have been different had the Cavs not been injured the same way I believe Toronto wouldn't be up 3-1 right now had half the roster not been injured. At the end of the day I couldn't care less and love watching another team hoist up the trophy. 

Wonder what the plan is for him.  Other reports have him still pretty injured but he's going to try and play through it.  Can they get 25 minutes out of him?  Maybe 15-16 points, a few rebounds and assists and just his presence keeping the Raptors honest enough???  On the road.  How will he shoot being so rusty?  Doubt he penetrates very much or does a ton of ISO work except maybe on the block and doing his one legged fadeaway Dirk impression.  Obviously getting a historically great player back is always good, but I wonder how much this is Willis Reed vs actually being able to dominate like usual.

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wonder what the plan is for him.  Other reports have him still pretty injured but he's going to try and play through it.  Can they get 25 minutes out of him?  Maybe 15-16 points, a few rebounds and assists and just his presence keeping the Raptors honest enough???  On the road.  How will he shoot being so rusty?  Doubt he penetrates very much or does a ton of ISO work except maybe on the block and doing his one legged fadeaway Dirk impression.  Obviously getting a historically great player back is always good, but I wonder how much this is Willis Reed vs actually being able to dominate like usual.

After not playing or doing much else for 30+ days, I can't imagine just coming in and playing particularly well.

8 minutes ago, housious said:

Yeah, the warriors would be better off with that white guy with the high fade jacking threes for sure

Never said anything like that.    It will be interesting to see how effective he can be.  I'm just being realistic.   We talk about teams being rusty after sitting for a week.    A player sitting for a month??   I cant imagine him not being significantly rusty.     I'm definitely NOT one of those "The Warriors are better without KD" guys though so if he is saying he can play you have to let him play.

Edited by d2o

52 minutes ago, d2o said:

Never said anything like that.    It will be interesting to see how effective he can be.  I'm just being realistic.   We talk about teams being rusty after sitting for a week.    A player sitting for a month??   I cant imagine him not being significantly rusty.     I'm definitely NOT one of those "The Warriors are better without KD" guys though so if he is saying he can play you have to let him play.

There is 00.01% chance Durant isn't an immediate improvement over what they've rolled out the past 2 games. He will give them 20 points - remains to be seen how efficient they are or if he can give them more like 30. 

I don't understand the "oh but he's going to be rusty" takes. It's still KD. He was posting 35/5/5 a night on 50/40/90 shooting a month ago. He ain't gonna be that rusty. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

There is 00.01% chance Durant isn't an immediate improvement over what they've rolled out the past 2 games. He will give them 20 points - remains to be seen how efficient they are or if he can give them more like 30. 

I don't understand the "oh but he's going to be rusty" takes. It's still KD. He was posting 35/5/5 a night on 50/40/90 shooting a month ago. He ain't gonna be that rusty. 

It’s not rust so much as coming back from a pretty severely injured calf, and I doubt he’s anywhere near 100% right now, otherwise he would’ve already been playing. So I’m not sure why you think he’ll come in first game and be back to normal.

I bet he’ll hit open shots, which will be a huge improvement for GSW on offense alone, but who knows what he’ll be like on defense and I doubt he’ll be the creator/playmaker he’s been for the Warriors throughout the playoffs.

If KD somehow brought them back to win this championship, that would really help his legacy. While he's been unbelievable in his two championship runs with GS, he's still thought of as the guy that joined the 73 win team. 

A comeback here would really, really help. He could probably even stop trolling twitter if he pulls it off. 

24 minutes ago, housious said:

If KD somehow brought them back to win this championship, that would really help his legacy. While he's been unbelievable in his two championship runs with GS, he's still thought of as the guy that joined the 73 win team. 

A comeback here would really, really help. He could probably even stop trolling twitter if he pulls it off. 

Winning improves all of their legacies but mostly Durant's. Maybe Steph because he probably gets a FMVP out of it. Losing hurts all of their legacies but hurts KD's the least. 

I mean basically, if they win it will be because he was able to return from injury. If they lose, it will be because he wasn't healthy enough to play in 3 of their losses. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Winning improves all of their legacies but mostly Durant's. Maybe Steph because he probably gets a FMVP out of it. Losing hurts all of their legacies but hurts KD's the least. 

I mean basically, if they win it will be because he was able to return from injury. If they lose, it will be because he wasn't healthy enough to play in 3 of their losses. 

If GS wins the title, KD is the Finals MVP.

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

If GS wins the title, KD is the Finals MVP.

It's going to be interesting if they do win... on one hand he will only have played in 3 games, on the other hand he will have played in 3 out of their 4 wins. I think KD will have to have some monster performances. 

Moot point if they lose tonight. We'll see what happens. 

Toronto really needs to close this out tonight.  I think they do but no way do they win game 6 at Golden State assuming Durant doesn't get reinjured.

I really don't like Golden State but I would love for KD to shut these idiots up one time.