2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I thought that was strange. Wtf call time out when KL is on fire??
Im just happy we get another game

yeah that TO was weird. I get it. but your star (Leonard) finally got some GD rhythm and you short circuited that. 

ugly game. Toronto was awful on offense. Leonard (outside of his minute-thirty of glory) was lost out there. 

officiating was also bad. lost control on the 1 qt and never got it back.

just not pretty. and KD man, thats an Achilles. which is prob was in the first place. and now he is fucked. unreal. 

Just now, staboner said:

yeah that TO was weird. I get it. but your star (Leonard) finally got some GD rhythm and you short circuited that. 

ugly game. Toronto was awful on offense. Leonard (outside of his minute-thirty of glory) was lost out there. 

officiating was also bad. lost control on the 1 qt and never got it back.

just not pretty. and KD man, thats an Achilles. which is prob was in the first place. and now he is fucked. unreal. 

So fucking stupid to bring him back. I don't give a damn if you are down 3-1 and KD is begging to play. The medical staff should have never signed off on it. The re-injure factor is very high with these injuries he has. They got desperate and wanted to try anything to win. He was not ready to play the rest of these playoffs.

• Like 2

Hard to feel like tonight is anything other than prolonging the inevitable. The Raptors still get pretty easy shots relatively at will; the Warriors have to scrap and claw to get Steph or Klay a sliver of air space. Watching Iggy take mid-range jumpers against Toronto's 4th quarter Triangle-and-2 defense was brutal.

For a little over a quarter, we got a glimpse of how much spacing matters against a good defense like Toronto's. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Hard to feel like tonight is anything other than prolonging the inevitable. The Raptors still get pretty easy shots relatively at will; the Warriors have to scrap and claw to get Steph or Klay a sliver of air space. Watching Iggy take mid-range jumpers against Toronto's 4th quarter Triangle-and-2 defense was brutal.

For a little over a quarter, we got a glimpse of how much spacing matters against a good defense like Toronto's. 

I think if anything, tonight proved that Toronto doesn't have what it takes to close out the Warriors.

They made the same mistake they made in Game 2, they played not to lose and they lost. Warriors will win easily in Game 6, and I think Game 7 will be a repeat of tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

I can't see the Warriors losing all 3 games in Oakland this series. Also, the refs were trying their best to hand the Raptors that game. Hard to see that happening in Oakland. I think this will go 7. GSW will find enough to win. 

• Like 1

Semi unrelated but I feel like Durant will probably stay if it is something that keeps him out most of next season. If it's a 12 month recovery then it won't matter I guess - but say it's 10 or 8 months - he could return to a playoff team rather than waste a year with some team in the East. 

And again - hope it's a Wilkins, not a Kobe. (although he's younger than both were)

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I can't see the Warriors losing all 3 games in Oakland this series. Also, the refs were trying their best to hand the Raptors that game. Hard to see that happening in Oakland. I think this will go 7. GSW will find enough to win. 

That's what I thought in Game 4, and they scored 92 fucking points. Even if Steph and Klay bring their 'A' games, they need someone else to do something. Who? I'd qualify tonight as a "good" Boogie game, and he was still a massive liability. No Looney either, so they'll have to give him more minutes than I'm sure Kerr would prefer.

They don't win tonight without the boost KD gave them early.

I really hope KD came back tonight because HE thought he was ready. I know he’s his own man, but if he was pressured into playing tonight in any way, that’s just awful. He had nothing to prove tonight. It’s obvious to everyone that they win this series if he played. And for it to happen going into his free agent year... fuck, man. 

That's what I thought in Game 4, and they scored 92 fucking points. Even if Steph and Klay bring their 'A' games, they need someone else to do something. Who? I'd qualify tonight as a "good" Boogie game, and he was still a massive liability. No Looney either, so they'll have to give him more minutes than I'm sure Kerr would prefer.

I think this game deflated Toronto’s confidence. The pressure’s on them and they don’t play well under extreme pressure. Their fans at the end knew it too. This is going 7.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

It's nut cutting time now. Warriors found a way to win tonight down 6 in the final minutes. After Toronto took all the momentum on a huge run and their arena going crazy and sensing a title. Toronto aside from Kawhi has no idea how to win these games. And even back then, Kawhi was apart of a great system, he was not counted like he is here. This is his first time in this situation at that role right now. Something to be said for teams who have been there like the Warriors and know how to do this vs the Raptors. I like their chances to win game 6. If it goes 7, who knows.

I think KD is a bitch. 

But.... if his original injury was a partial tear of the Achilles or a strain of the Achilles then fuck. Big ass balls to go out there and bust his ass and play. Win or lose the series doesn’t change his legacy at all. 

Sucks he’s going to be out for 80-100% of the season next year but hats off to him. If GSW would have been more open about the injury then he wouldn’t have caught as much flak over the last 4 weeks. 

Good luck to him going forward. Myself and a lot of others owe him some credit. Wish it would have been easier to give before he had a serious injury such as this. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I really hope KD came back tonight because HE thought he was ready. I know he’s his own man, but if he was pressured into playing tonight in any way, that’s just awful. He had nothing to prove tonight. It’s obvious to everyone that they win this series if he played. And for it to happen going into his free agent year... fuck, man. 

It sucks for KD, but let not act like the Warriors aren’t going to max the dude out after what he just did. He’s got an extremely soft landing spot.

Just now, Jhawk said:

I think KD is a bitch. 

But.... if his original injury was a partial tear of the Achilles or a strain of the Achilles then fuck. Big ass balls to go out there and bust his ass and play. Win or lose the series doesn’t change his legacy at all. 

Sucks he’s going to be out for 80-100% of the season next year but hats off to him. If GSW would have been more open about the injury then he wouldn’t have caught as much flak over the last 4 weeks. 

Good luck to him going forward. Myself and a lot of others owe him some credit. Wish it would have been easier to give before he had a serious injury such as this. 

This puts a big damper on this summer's free agency. KD was a big moving piece to all these moving parts. Him leaving GSW and possibly shifting the power tremendously. With all the teaming up these days, he was going to cause other dominoes to fall. Hell now it seems he will stay with GSW for at least another year. I think. Can't see a team giving him a huge contract if he can't even play next season.

So fucking stupid to bring him back. And none of this is on KD. Any player is going to want to play at this stage. The medical staff are pieces of shit for giving him the green light. Knowing how vulnerable he was. It was inevitable he was going to re-injure it at some point in this series.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think he was a big influence on his own return but I think it was because of his loyalty to the team and because of the pressure of fans, haters,  and press. Including myself.

If we had known he had an Achilles injury then no one would have questioned his status. Maybe some gamesmanship is to blame as he was always speculated to return and that could have pressured him to do so. But damn. Terrible for him in any and every way. Kudos to him trying to prove himself when he didn’t have anything to prove. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

This puts a big damper on this summer's free agency. KD was a big moving piece to all these moving parts. Him leaving GSW and possibly shifting the power tremendously. With all the teaming up these days, he was going to cause other dominoes to fall. Hell now it seems he will stay with GSW for at least another year. I think. Can't see a team giving him a huge contract if he can't even play next season.

So fucking stupid to bring him back. And none of this is on KD. Any player is going to want to play at this stage. The medical staff are pieces of shit for giving him the green light. Knowing how vulnerable he was. It was inevitable he was going to re-injure it at some point in this series.

I see him like Kareem at the end of his career. So dominant in his prime that even if his prime is cut by 2 years it is worth maxing for the year you lose with the rehab. I think the warriors are the soft landing but I think someone like the nets or knicks will give him the contract. The warriors will send him off with great love. Maybe with a ring as the can circle the wagons as well as anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I think he was a big influence on his own return but I think it was because of his loyalty to the team and because of the pressure of fans, haters,  and press. Including myself.

If we had known he had an Achilles injury then no one would have questioned his status. Maybe some gamesmanship is to blame as he was always speculated to return and that could have pressured him to do so. But damn. Terrible for him in any and every way. Kudos to him trying to prove himself when he didn’t have anything to prove. 

I think it was fairly obvious he had suffered a serious injury and was not playing due to that. I think he played tonight because he wanted to be out there. I would imagine the medical staff signed off because he probably said he was playing no matter what they advised. If the Dubs win the series this was his Willis Reid moment. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kermit said:

It’s the Finals and he can play. This isn’t on anything but dumb luck. Dude worked hard for this moment. He was balling out.

It wasn't dumb luck. With the state of his injury, this was a huge possibility. In fact, it was pretty much inevitable. I have seen people play on injuries all the time. And they end up re injuring it big time and now much worse. It was a dumb decision letting him play. KD is so long and with how he makes the cuts he does when he has the ball, the injury he had was just ripe to get even worse. Durant's career could be in jeopardy right now. It was a pure desperation move. Had they been up 3-1 in this series, he never sees the court.

I get the whole mantra of you play at any given cost at this level of the season but in reality, that is fucking stupid for situations like this. 

5 minutes ago, Kermit said:

It’s the Finals and he can play. This isn’t on anything but dumb luck. Dude worked hard for this moment. He was balling out.

I don’t think it was just dumb luck. No way he plays tonight if it wasn’t an elimination game, in my opinion. There’s no way to verify that, but I just don’t see him playing if the series were tied 2-2. He tried to gut it out to make a run at bailing this team out, even after all the years of gasbags like myself saying they didn’t need him. The stage was set, but he just wasn’t ready to play. I feel terrible for him. 

• Like 1

It wasn't dumb luck. With the state of his injury, this was a huge possibility. In fact, it was pretty much inevitable. I have seen people play on injuries all the time. And they end up re injuring it big time and now much worse. It was a dumb decision letting him play. KD is so long and with how he makes the cuts he does when he has the ball, the injury he had was just ripe to get even worse. Durant's career could be in jeopardy right now. It was a pure desperation move. Had they been up 3-1 in this series, he never sees the court.
I get the whole mantra of you play at any given cost at this level of the season but in reality, that is fucking stupid for situations like this. 
Oh my, Vic's overreacting. /shock
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I see him like Kareem at the end of his career. So dominant in his prime that even if his prime is cut by 2 years it is worth maxing for the year you lose with the rehab. I think the warriors are the soft landing but I think someone like the nets or knicks will give him the contract. The warriors will send him off with great love. Maybe with a ring as the can circle the wagons as well as anyone. 

Yeah you might be right. Knicks have zero to lose giving him a max. They have been shit for 2 decades and need any spark they can get.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t think it was just dumb luck. No way he plays tonight if it wasn’t an elimination game, in my opinion. There’s no way to verify that, but I just don’t see him playing if the series were tied 2-2. He tried to gut it out to make a run at bailing this team out, even after all the years of gasbags like myself saying they didn’t need him. The stage was set, but he just wasn’t ready to play. I feel terrible for him. 

Yep. Can a player injure themselves at any given time in a game or even practice? Absolutely. But there's also other factors that make it even more inevitable. I mentioned the scenario playing into this decision. Had they been up 3-1 or even tied, KD is not out there. They got desperate. Teams and medical staffs should never listen to players when it comes to these situations. Players want to play. It's their passion and what defines them right now. They are always going to tell you they can play. I was floored when I saw earlier today he was coming back. I knew nothing good was going to come of it. Sucks for KD. He is in his prime right now. He could miss all of next year. Then it usually takes another year to get back to a level you were at or close to after. He might never be the same. It's happened plenty with these injuries. 

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

👍   Good stuff...

Not a doctor here.  Wonder if KD's original calf injury was just a precursor to what might have been an inevitable achilles tear...

Let's say KD doesn't return tonight, continues his recovery, and then tears his achilles in spring of 2020.  That could be worse because he might end up missing two more playoff seasons (2020 & 2021).  Hopefully KD takes all of 2019- 2020 season off, and gets 100% healthy and back to basketball greatness... need KD to stick around in the NBA for at least another 4-5 seasons.  🤘

Yep. Can a player injure themselves at any given time in a game or even practice? Absolutely. But there's also other factors that make it even more inevitable. I mentioned the scenario playing into this decision. Had they been up 3-1 or even tied, KD is not out there. They got desperate. Teams and medical staffs should never listen to players when it comes to these situations. Players want to play. It's their passion and what defines them right now. They are always going to tell you they can play. I was floored when I saw earlier today he was coming back. I knew nothing good was going to come of it. Sucks for KD. He is in his prime right now. He could miss all of next year. Then it usually takes another year to get back to a level you were at or close to after. He might never be the same. It's happened plenty with these injuries. 

Right?? I remember all of your posts about how bad of an idea this was.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

👍   Good stuff...

Not a doctor here.  Wonder if KD's original calf injury was just a precursor to what might have been an inevitable achilles tear...

Let's say KD doesn't return tonight, continues his recovery, and then tears his achilles in spring of 2020.  That could be worse because he might end up missing two more playoff seasons (2020 & 2021).  Hopefully KD takes all of 2019- 2020 season off, and gets 100% healthy and back to basketball greatness... need KD to stick around in the NBA for at least another 4-5 seasons.  🤘

I have a feeling that the “calf” injury was a diversion from a true Achilles injury. Maybe he had an Achilles strain or a partially torn Achilles, but if either of those was on the injury report then there is no worry about him coming back. Calf means the raptors might have to prep for him. That helps the franchise but in the media and in the minds of fans KD is getting killed for not roughing it out like klay. So he toughs it out to prove himself and destroys what is left of the Achilles. 

That is my hunch anyway. Hope it isn’t true. Good luck to him. 

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Right?? I remember all of your posts about how bad of an idea this was.

I'm pretty sure I said his whole injury timetable talks from Kerr was a smoke screen. In fact, I know I did. That says right there he was not ready to come back and any talks of him doing so is absurd in my eyes.

But next time I will run to my laptop when I hear news about it so I can preface it before hand to get credit from you. That's very important for me.

22 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So Durant definitely takes that 31.5 million dollar player option and becomes a FA in 2020 huh?

If the injury means he's out next season, then that's his best option, unless the team is willing to renegotiate with a long term deal. Poor guy, awful to see that, sad to see the Raptors fans cheering for his obvious injury. I'm on the Warriors side now, fuck the Raptors and all their shithead fans. TEAM AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

• Like 1