2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

55 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m a Mav fan and I am completely fine with offering KD max years/money even if him playing next year is uncertain/doubtful.  I’m also certain that there are many other NBA teams who will feel the same way.

Yeah I think he will still get MULTIPLE max offers.    Particularly from teams like the Knicks.   Desperate to make a splash but not trying to win immediately.    If they sign him and let him sit a yr while rolling out all the young guys they would be getting another top 5 pick.

34 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

If the injury means he's out next season, then that's his best option, unless the team is willing to renegotiate with a long term deal. Poor guy, awful to see that, sad to see the Raptors fans cheering for his obvious injury. I'm on the Warriors side now, fuck the Raptors and all their shithead fans. TEAM AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

Nah, his best option is to get a max deal guaranteed on the books.    If he takes the option then there might be teams that want to see him come back and try and prove himself healthy at the tail end of next yr.    If he gets max offers this summer (which I believe he will) he should take it now and have everything secured contract-wise.   That way he can come back when he is for sure 100% and ramp back up if needed.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

If the injury means he's out next season, then that's his best option, unless the team is willing to renegotiate with a long term deal. Poor guy, awful to see that, sad to see the Raptors fans cheering for his obvious injury. I'm on the Warriors side now, fuck the Raptors and all their shithead fans. TEAM AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

I think he will get max offers and he should take a long term contract precisely because he has gotten a presumably serious injury and you don't know that you are ever 100% the same ever again (hate to say it but it's possible) so get the maximum deal you can now.

16 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That has to be edited. Why are they cheering so loud for a slo-mo replay after the play already happened? If it's not edited, fuck them all.

... I cleared missed the "joke." Obviously edited on 2nd watch.

Edited by aggie08

24 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It was literally the opening credits. The excitement is pretty tragic considering the season was complete trash

You're all idiots. It was when Gus Fring got blown to hell by that pipe bomb. 

I think Toronto wins pretty easily on Thursday.  Other than some incredibly careless turnovers (a Warriors' staple), they played very well.  Steph and Klay got theirs (sidenote: Klay can't fucking miss; he's shooting 57% from 3 for the series).  KD give them a HUGE boost of energy and confidence (and his gravity led to the only open lanes and easy baskets Steph has seen all series).  Boogie showed up, offensively at least (you could almost see Kyle Lowry's boner every time Cousins tried to defend him).  Iggy, Green, and Cook combined to make 4 threes.  The team made 20 threes overall.  Looney gave them 18 good minutes.  Jordan fucking Bell made a big shot.

Conversely, Kawhi played like shit for all but 2 minutes.  As a team, they shot 25% from 3 (1-14 from Green, Lowry, and Siakam).  Most of those were really good looks.

And they still should have won. 

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

Early line for Game 6 is Warriors by 3.  If I were a betting man, I'd jump all over that.  If the Warriors do find a way to gut out a win, it's going to be by the skin of their teeth.

I wish there were odds for "Draymond has a classic Dray game, snarling and yelling their way to victory, but he picks up a tech, gets suspended for Game 7, and costs Golden State another championship with his stupidity."  Because I'd throw a few bucks at that one.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So fucking stupid to bring him back. I don't give a damn if you are down 3-1 and KD is begging to play. The medical staff should have never signed off on it. The re-injure factor is very high with these injuries he has. They got desperate and wanted to try anything to win. He was not ready to play the rest of these playoffs.

Had this conversation yesterday with a co-worker. I told him that KD wasn't in any shape to play the way he would want to. Boom. With there being some uncertainty before the game I was of the opinion that he wouldn't get on the floor. I was right and wrong.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And? Having 2 games in 6 days suck either way. Especially after last night. I want instant gratification lol. Wednesday and Friday would be lovely. 

yea but if toronto wins its over Wednesday and we have nothing to do Thursday.

plus Stanley cup game 7 is wednesday. we're screwed after sunday either way

We can all agree that if the warriors find a way to pull this off in game 6, Draymond Green will absolutely be suspended for game 7 lol, right lol? No way Draymond Green makes it through a full game where it’s win or go home and he doesn’t get emotional enough to not get a tech. And I guess he’s one away from being suspended for a game. 

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

it's a funny edit. i wonder what GOT scene would elicit such jubilation. Arya getting laid? 

5 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

People will think this is real but it’s GOT premiere watch party

5 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It was literally the opening credits. The excitement is pretty tragic considering the season was complete trash

no that's not a game of thrones watch party.  the video first came to light when GoT premiered this season but it was edited from an England national team football match.  

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I think Toronto wins pretty easily on Thursday.  Other than some incredibly careless turnovers (a Warriors' staple), they played very well.  Steph and Klay got theirs (sidenote: Klay can't fucking miss; he's shooting 57% from 3 for the series).  KD give them a HUGE boost of energy and confidence (and his gravity led to the only open lanes and easy baskets Steph has seen all series).  Boogie showed up, offensively at least (you could almost see Kyle Lowry's boner every time Cousins tried to defend him).  Iggy, Green, and Cook combined to make 4 threes.  The team made 20 threes overall.  Looney gave them 18 good minutes.  Jordan fucking Bell made a big shot.

Conversely, Kawhi played like shit for all but 2 minutes.  As a team, they shot 25% from 3 (1-14 from Green, Lowry, and Siakam).  Most of those were really good looks.

And they still should have won. 

I think the energy of Oracle will possibly make it a tough situation to win, but objectively you are generally right.  To me the underreported story of the series is that generally absent a few good stretches, the Warriors defense is just not the same as it was in all their prior years, even with Durant earlier in the playoffs.  They have gone from an elite defensive team in the past to an average one now.  Toronto has generally been getting decent looks this series and if that doesn't change, I can't see them losing two more in a row.  Probably the lone real worry for Toronto is if they will play scared and tight in a possible Game 7.

15 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

So

Let this be the end of the stupid ass “Canadians are so nice and polite” meme

Pieces of shit 

4 hours ago, UTDD said:

I think the energy of Oracle will possibly make it a tough situation to win, but objectively you are generally right.  To me the underreported story of the series is that generally absent a few good stretches, the Warriors defense is just not the same as it was in all their prior years, even with Durant earlier in the playoffs.  They have gone from an elite defensive team in the past to an average one now.  Toronto has generally been getting decent looks this series and if that doesn't change, I can't see them losing two more in a row.  Probably the lone real worry for Toronto is if they will play scared and tight in a possible Game 7.

I generally agree.

check out the very first Raptors roster of the 1995-96 season.

Love the old school names - Oliver Miller, John Salley, Ed Pinckney  the Villanova legend, Tracy Murray the ex Rocket, Alvin Robertson and Willie Anderson - ex spurs, and Old Man Herb Williams. 

They only won 21 games even though the talent was pretty good. 

Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date   Exp College
40 Willie Anderson SG 6-7 190 January 8, 1967 us 7 University of Georgia
13 Doug Christie SF 6-6 200 May 9, 1970 us 3 Pepperdine University
55 Acie Earl C 6-10 240 June 23, 1970 us 2 University of Iowa
4 Vincenzo Esposito PG 6-3 198 March 1, 1969 it R  
24 Jimmy King SG 6-5 210 August 9, 1973 us R University of Michigan
44 Martin Lewis SF 6-5 210 April 28, 1975 us R Butler County Community College, Seward County Community College
9 Tony Massenburg PF 6-9 220 July 31, 1967 us 3 University of Maryland
30 Oliver Miller PF 6-9 280 April 6, 1970 us 3 University of Arkansas
35 Tracy Murray SF 6-7 225 July 25, 1971 us 3 University of California, Los Angeles
52 Dan O'Sullivan C 6-10 250 March 3, 1968 us 3 Fordham University
54 Ed Pinckney PF 6-9 195 March 27, 1963 us 10 Villanova University
7 Alvin Robertson SG 6-3 185 July 22, 1962 us 9 University of Arkansas
33 Carlos Rogers PF 6-11 220 February 6, 1971 us 1 University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Tennessee State University
22 John Salley PF 6-11 230 May 16, 1964 us 9 Georgia Institute of Technology
20 Damon Stoudamire PG 5-10 171 September 3, 1973 us R University of Arizona
3 Zan Tabak C 7-0 245 June 15, 1970 hr 1  
23 Dwayne Whitfield PF 6-9 240 August 21, 1972 us R Jackson State University
32 Herb Williams C 6-10 242 February 16, 1958 us 14 Ohio State University
9 Sharone Wright C 6-11 260 January 30, 1973 us 1 Clemson University

7 hours ago, NowThis said:

Love the old school names - Oliver Miller, John Salley, Ed Pinckney  the Villanova legend, Tracy Murray the ex Rocket, Alvin Robertson and Willie Anderson - ex spurs, and Old Man Herb Williams. 

44 Martin Lewis SF 6-5 210 April 28, 1975 us R Butler County Community College, Seward County Community College
35 Tracy Murray SF 6-7 225 July 25, 1971 us 3 University of California, Los Angeles
33 Carlos Rogers PF 6-11 220 February 6, 1971 us 1 University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Tennessee State University

All those guys were castoffs.    Not even a real #2 guy.     Stoudamire was great as a rookie but he really wasn't a true #1.    21 wins sounds about right for that collection of guys.

Edited by d2o

For all the talk about pressuring guys back into action, I wonder if this series would be any different had Golden State's medical team let Klay play in Game 3. The decision not to may have cost them 2 games: Game 3, obviously, but also Game 4 because they let Steph wear himself out as a one man offense trying to fight off the inevitable in Game 3, and he looked gassed in Game 4 on only one day's rest. They may come to regret "playing it safe." It was a half-measure. Either bench Klay, and accept defeat once Game 3 got away from them, so they could gear up and be all in two days later. Or let him play. Even a 1-1 split in those games completely changes the complexion of the series.

20 hours ago, hookem48 said:

and fucking Van Gundy said it was an obvious foul, it's an obvious foul every fucking trip down the floor, it's the staple of Golden State's offense. 

One enraging thing you can count on in game 6 is Curry pulling up from 30 feet and getting a ghost foul.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NowThis said:

Sharone, Sharone.  Put on that Bobby Womack.

By name alone though, that looks like a roster of the staff at the local H&R Block.

Edited by 52-80