impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

Just now, David Dennison said:

Is a single Democrat going to point out that aid was released only AFTER the administration learned of the whistleblower's complaint?

And that Trump is doing his damnedest to ensure that no WBs ever come forward again, so we shouldn't count on that solution next time ...

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So basically, Obama's failure to provide as much lethal weaponry as Trump eventually did absolves Trump from holding weapons assistance in exchange for investigation of a political rival.

Clear as mud, lady.

I’ve been catching bits and pieces between flights but you got one of the R talking points.  It’s all Obama’s fault and we should make sure that guy doesn’t get to be President again and whatever Trump has done or will do has nothing to do with the fact that it’s all Obama’s fault.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0

52 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

GOP is embarrassing

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yell and talk loud.  Sign of a fucking moron.

39 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

"Do you have any evidence of an impeachable offense? . . . uh, I withdraw the question."

37 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

The Republicans continue to shoot themselves in the foot while smirking and high fiving each other.

36 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Playing 100% to the base. 

24 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

No one wants to mention that the aid was released because the WH learned about the whistleblowers complaint ?

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Republicans have so little confidence in whatever their arguments are, they spending 95% of their time just making statements and not actually questioning the testimony.

Lying and obfuscation form the principle strategy, but I think they are also actively trying to make this hard to watch for people turned off by the discord in politics.

All of the quotes above are great. Any fair person who can watch much of this and conclude the GOP and Trump are the way to go may as well dump gasoline on the Constitution (constitution as in the body's constitution or the body politic's constitution) and then themselves and beg Trump to light one of his own farts to act as flamethrower.

Something making this tolerable is checking in here for comments. It's particularly gratifying that some of the pithier remarks come from former GOPs who see what's going on.

The GOP must be totally destroyed and new home for the traditional right established. It won't happen. That's why Brisket's prediction has substance. Ousting Trump won't be enough if the electorate and their choices do not change.

Best wishes, my brothers and sisters.

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

because they're trying to prove that the subpoenaed documents and witnesses that have been withheld are an obstruction to this investigation 

Then they need to say that. Say it isn’t hearsay because it’s corroborated. 

If there was so much concern about corruption then why did congress approve the $ going there.

I’m surprised that Taylor hasn’t mentioned he was just trying to execute the forge in policy that congress approved and was the official policy of the US.

The congress wanted this. Regardless of corruption or not.