impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He seems like a guy who just sits around shaking his head and thinking "see all this shit I have to put up with because of these Trump morons". 

Yeah.

He seems like he has no patience for the Republican arguement 

Just now, DDD Dad said:

So, now we will hear testimony that Bolton, Pence, and others urged withholding from Ukraine until they became convinced he was committed to fighting corruption.

Sure, Gym.

What I want to hear is someone make the very important distinction:

The withholding of aid was not on the condition that Ukraine actually investigate Biden.

It was on the condition that Ukraine PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE that it was investigating Biden.

The action required was not "investigate" but rather "announce."  That pretty much sinks the bullshit ship of "Trump wanted to fight corruption."  I mean, nevermind that 1) Congress already found that Ukraine qualified for the aid, and 2) the Pentagon itself determined that Ukraine had cleared all necessary anti-corruption hurdles.  Bust these fuckers on their baldfaced lie.  Do it.

• Like 2

Just now, Dnaguy said:

Fuck. NPR just screwed up the punch line from Welch. What did he say?

"i'd like to say to my colleague that i would also very much like to have the person who started it all testify in front of the committee. mr. trump is welcome to come and sit right there."

many lulz in the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

"i'd like to say to my colleague that i would also very much like to have the person who started it all testify in front of the committee. mr. trump is welcome to come and sit right there."

many lulz in the room.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Fuck. NPR just screwed up the punch line from Welch. What did he say?

Paraphrasing, Gym Jordan was ranting about the whistleblower was the one who started all of this and he wouldn't be in here to testify, and then Welch follows up with "the person who started it all, Trump, is welcome to come in here and testify!"

Know how I know he's true infantry?  He's most proudest of his Combat Infrantryman Badge.
Much respect to him for that.

Yup. He’s most proud of Combat Infantryman Badge, and when prompted “oh yeah also a Bronze Star and some other valor medals or whatever I guess, NBD.”

It makes me proud to know there are men like this working for us, and should shame these clowns who are lucky enough to sit in his presence, let alone press him for answers.
  • Like 1