Phoenix cops threaten to shoot mom after she won't put baby on 100 deg pavement

lemonlime

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Snap. 

That's brutal....because it's true.

Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, (1, 2) in contrast to 10% of families in the general population.(3) A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24% (4), indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

I doubt it.  They know they're going to get away with it.    These are the same people who were led by Joe Arpaio for years.  And, hell, he was pardoned.  They have no reason to believe they'll ever be held accountable for anythng.

Arpaio was the Sheriff. This is a different department. The Phoenix chief is pretty no bullshit. I bet she takes care of these pieces of shit.

" Michael Munday @michaelmunday_ 21h21 hours ago

Officers involved: Christopher Meyer 06254 Nicholas Welch 09372 Agnes Milbourn 09118 Brian Herricht 09054 The home addresses of the above police officers will be released by me in 48hrs should they not be stood down from the department."

Is that illegal? It happened to a family member during a shareholder battle for control of a company. I guess if the info can be found on the internet then it is legal: It shouldn't be though. Clearly, it is a threat and is intended to inflict harm.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:20 PM, SDG said:

Typing on my phone so I’ll be brief.  

Not Phoenix, but Arizona police related (Tempe) so I’ll share it here.  A few years ago I was sitting inside Loco Patron on Mill ave when a couple got off the light rail.  They were yelling at each other loud enough that everyone in the bar heard it.  I’m not sure if it got physical but someone must have called the police.  Five minutes later the calvary arrived but the couple was already gone.  They came in so quick and hot someone was getting it...  The best option was a local homeless guy sitting outside minding his own business.  Next thing you know he was on the ground with taser spikes in his back.  I went outside to tell them they had the wrong guy and was greeted with a gun in my face...

A few minutes later the supervisor arrived to take everyone’s info and I told him what happened (excessive force).  He took my information and told me I’d likely be summoned to court as a witness.  Four + years later and crickets.  I’m still not sure what happened to the homeless guy...   

What homeless guy ???!

On 6/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, Goo Punch said:

i'd like to tie those two cops to chairs, sleep deprive myself/binge drink for a few days, stop taking my meds, really anything to get me in a super hypomanic state of rage, and then take out said rage on both of these cowards faces, knee caps, and genitalia. putting myself through all of that would be worth it 100x over for the sheer satisfaction of making these cowards feel as small and helpless as they made that family.

police like this are the absolute lowest pieces of shit known to humanity. i sincerely have more respect for members of hate groups like the klan than i do for these police, because at least they aren't paid by the public to protect and serve said public, and they don't all claim to be national heroes who deserve and demand respect from the very people they terrorize. fuck american police and everything they stand for. 

Please stay on your meds. 

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

" Michael Munday @michaelmunday_ 21h21 hours ago

Officers involved: Christopher Meyer 06254 Nicholas Welch 09372 Agnes Milbourn 09118 Brian Herricht 09054 The home addresses of the above police officers will be released by me in 48hrs should they not be stood down from the department."

Is that illegal? It happened to a family member during a shareholder battle for control of a company. I guess if the info can be found on the internet then it is legal: It shouldn't be though. Clearly, it is a threat and is intended to inflict harm.

That’s pretty fucked up.   

3 hours ago, midtown said:

I'm appalled at how the police approached this scene but what really disturbs me was the inability for the police to remain calm and to even process information about what was really happening and not just one but all of them.  How do they collectively not have the sense to see that this is going way out of control and correct and de-escalate.   

That’s what I took from it too. They were completely out of control.  Not able to comprehend why she didn’t seem to be doing what they told her even through she was telling them, instead interpreting it as resistance and not recognizing that their response was WAY over the top for a trivial shoplifting offense.

The department should look at this as an opportunity of sorts. I’m sure there is always pressure to punish cops who seem to be crooked, racist, bad at their job, whatever.  In most of those cases they are able to do nothing because it’s an allegation but no proof. This is indisputable video. They gotta punish those guys or they have zero credibility.  This is their chance to act like they give a shit  

Edited by Lhorn

" Michael Munday‏ @michaelmunday_ 21h21 hours ago

A threat intended to inflict harm like “put your fucking hands up or I’ll put a cap in your head”?
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

A threat intended to inflict harm like “put your fucking hands up or I’ll put a cap in your head”?

World's smallest violin for any fear those fucksticks are feeling after terrorizing a four year old and dislocating his shoulder while threatening to cap his pregnant mom, whose "punishment" is for one of them paid desk duty and I think the other's back at work at the same job dealing with the public.  If anyone else waved a gun at a woman holding a one year old and threatened to cap her, they'd be sitting in jail right now.  

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, Brisketexan said:

Huck gets it.

I BACK THE BLUE!  IF YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG, YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!  THESE GUYS ARE HEROES WHO JUST WANT TO GET HOME SAFE TO THEIR FAMILIES!

They will face no consequences.  They will be praised by the voting majority of the country.  This will all get much worse before it gets better.  Except (spoiler) it's not going to get better.  This is how this shit works, how it has always worked, and how it will continue to work.

BACK THE BLUE!

No consequences...sad but true.  Off all the b.s. we've seen out of our "heroes" this is one of the most disgusting yet.

Thought.. what happens when it turns out that a father like the one shown here finds out in a few weeks that he only has around a year to live?  What would you do?  What would most men do?

I know what I'd like to do.

Fucking bastards, they all deserve to be burned alive when they pull this kind of crap.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, Thujone said:

Oh fuck off. Kids grab shit all the time. They're like squids. Stop making fucking excuses for what happened.

This.right.fucking.here.

It happened with one of my daughters.

Granted, I am a grandfather now, so it's been many years, but never would have expected this kind of response, of course I'm a non-black old fart.

Edited by SHOOTER12

14 hours ago, lemonlime said:

World's smallest violin for any fear those fucksticks are feeling after terrorizing a four year old and dislocating his shoulder while threatening to cap his pregnant mom, whose "punishment" is for one of them paid desk duty and I think the other's back at work at the same job dealing with the public.  If anyone else waved a gun at a woman holding a one year old and threatened to cap her, they'd be sitting in jail right now.  

Sounds like you don't back the blue. You must hate America. I also bet you're soft on crime.

Edited by irishtexan

On 6/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, atomheartbevo said:

And trained to turn off their body cams amd dash cams.

It's absolutely ridiculous that they even have the ability to do so. It should be an immediate termination for any cop that intentionally turns them off. There is zero justification for doing so other than to hide what you're about to do. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, midtown said:

I'm appalled at how the police approached this scene but what really disturbs me was the inability for the police to remain calm and to even process information about what was really happening and not just one but all of them.  How do they collectively not have the sense to see that this is going way out of control and correct and de-escalate.   

Police departments don't hire rational adults, they hire wanna-be killers.

Heard a police chief of a rather large force (not Austin) tell our group that he thinks it's a shame that so many bodycam footages showing an officer successfully de-escalating an incident without violence and how those don't get shown online/in the news and aren't celebrated enough.  Guy next to me mumbles a good point, "Same reason they don't play the blackbox for every flight that lands safely."  

Your job is hard, I get it.  But when you fuck up at work, people die.  Usually dark people and usually for no reason.  If an airline kept crashing planes full of black people, yeah---we'd probably play those blackboxes more often than most.  

4 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

...10293dce2303eb96e41ae4eed942b6ed.jpg

You know, watching these videos where they bark a series of difficult-to-follow commands, sometimes contradictory commands, I can't help but think that our police departments are made up of an infinite number of the Snoats brothers from Raising Arizona...

I'm dead serious - I think of this sequence every time we see a video of some dumbass cop issuing ridiculous commands.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

much of America thinks that, eh? man why is every one so much dumber about everything than I am!!!!! I bet those idiots don't even watch John Oliver

I bet you BACK THE BLUE!  COMPLY WITH THE OFFICER'S COMMANDS, AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO BE AFRAID OF!

We aren't exactly making those positions up.  They're pretty mainstream.

22 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I do not.

I absolutely think you and anyone else who says "much of America" thinks that way is making it up.

edit-- but, I guess "much" is pretty nebulous, so enjoy your Twitter snark

Facts can be your friends (these numbers are from 2017, so rather recent):

A recent Gallup poll found that overall confidence in the police has returned to its 25-year average after dropping to a record-tying low in recent years. Today, 57 percent of Americans polled report having "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in law enforcement. And the poll confirmed what many have already observed, that there’s a gap in confidence along racial lines with higher levels of white confidence weighing the average.

According to Gallup, 61 percent of whites report having a great deal of confidence in the police while only 45 and 30 percent of Latinos and blacks share the sentiment, respectively. Interestingly, though, the poll reveals that the racial divide on this question has widened in recent years with white confidence increasing three percentage points since Gallup last polled it in 2014. Meanwhile, confidence in the police has dropped 5 percentage points among blacks and a whopping 14 percentage points among Latinos.

Bolded to emphasize why we use the word "much."  And when it comes to white folks we could use "about 2/3."

You read boards like this, and you think that the majority of folks are fed up with law enforcement and don't trust them at all.  But get out in the real world, and the numbers are those cited above.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Facts can be your friends (these numbers are from 2017, so rather recent):

Bolded to emphasize why we use the word "much."  And when it comes to white folks we could use "about 2/3."

You read boards like this, and you think that the majority of folks are fed up with law enforcement and don't trust them at all.  But get out in the real world, and the numbers are those cited above.

I took issue with the Twitter snark and I'm dumber for having gotten snagged by it. I don't want to parse your quote to dig us any further down. 

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I took issue with the Twitter snark and I'm dumber for having gotten snagged by it. I don't want to parse your quote to dig us any further down. 

Don't be ashamed, you were plenty dumb before getting snagged by Twitter snark.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Why do we need them to be armed?  Many (most?) other countries don't arm their police, at least not the police who are in the community as opposed to, say, a swat team.  

But I think it's an overall culture problem, due to far more than arming them.  They've literally gotten away with murder for decades.  Combined with hero worship, a so called blue line they don't cross, increased militarization of the police, roid rage, being taken at their word even when they're lying, and the government/police unions protecting them when they fuck up so that there's no accountability.  It's a toxic combination.  I'm not sure ultimately how to fix this, but a start would be to prosecute the ones who commit crimes (and not the fake prosecution they sometimes undergo today), fire the ones who can't act professionally, and any cop who's caught lying in either a police report or at trial is instantly fired.  

There are more guns than people in this country, many of which are in the hands of truly bad guys. Our police force should be well compensated, armed, competent, and accountable for their actions. They should be able to deescalate and to use their guns only when absolutely necessary. If this were the real world, they could even gain the benefit of the doubt in shooting situations. They have proven the opposite, time and time again. What is needed is a wholesale reform in our approach to policing. Disarming them will not help, and if anything, could make them more sympathetic when they are shot and be used to justify more brutality using other weapons.

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/news-opinion/jay-z-providing-phoenix-family-threatened-by-police-with-lawyer-in-10-million-suit

Rapper Jay-Z is once again stepping up to legally and financially aid a family in the aftermath of a viral video that caught an escalated confrontation with police on camera.

Will not change a single thing, no matter what the outcome. Cops' pension is safe, and the tax payers will foot the bill. Good cops will only start turning on their corrupt and violent colleagues once their own retirement is put at stake whenever they shoot an innocent person.

Or beat an innocent man to death.

34 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Their retirement funds are public money, as are their salaries.  If it's depleted, it will be restored with public funds.  

Cops don't turn on other cops.  Their omerta is a hundred times stronger than the mafia's ever was.  

I'm not a pension expert, but can we just structure their pension as a guaranteed contribution and not a guaranteed payout? Any judgment against the pension would be treated as a loss, no public replenishment.

Make that the law. You kill/beat innocent people, we take your pension money.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck these fucking POS cops and their POS community that they serve. Fucking demand better than paid reassignment, for fucks sake!!! angry minnie driver GIF by Team Coco

Totally unrelated of course, but this is Surly and all,................ I wanna sex her up, uh lot.

It’s extraordinarily difficulty to change a defined benefit plan to a defined contribution plan.  

Now I’m gonna make a generalization here and I need some of you ERISA nerds to calm down And realize we are having more of a sociological discussion.  But at a macro level, there has been a longtime tacit understanding between public and private sectors that as a trade off for lower pay for a similar position at a public entity, you could rely on good benefits and better job security.  I know there are fucking exceptions but hold the fuck on with your triumphant rise to county supervisor despite all odds.   One of the big carrots before the stick is a damn good pension plan that you can get almost all of before 55 if you’re smart and it has a nice inflation adjustment built in as well

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It’s extraordinarily difficulty to change a defined benefit plan to a defined contribution plan.  

Now I’m gonna make a generalization here and I need some of you ERISA nerds to calm down And realize we are having more of a sociological discussion.  But at a macro level, there has been a longtime tacit understanding between public and private sectors that as a trade off for lower pay for a similar position at a public entity, you could rely on good benefits and better job security.  I know there are fucking exceptions but hold the fuck on with your triumphant rise to county supervisor despite all odds.   One of the big carrots before the stick is a damn good pension plan that you can get almost all of before 55 if you’re smart and it has a nice inflation adjustment built in as well

And as long as a cop doesn't commit murder/assault/kidnapping/rape, and turn in their colleagues who commit murder/assault/kidnapping/rape, they can look forward to a well deserved comfortable retirement.

How about we let the defined benefit guys age out and make sure new cops don't murder people starting roughly...now.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

I won't argue the technical aspects of going after their pensions, but I would just say this:  If Officer Roidrage knew that if he traumatized an innocent family, they could take his pension, would he be so hot to put a fucking cap in her head?  If he knew that he would pay a financial consequence for covering up the shitty actions of his brothers in blue, would he be so keen on hopping on social media and attacking everybody that just doesn't get what it's like to be a police officer?

If you own a small business, and you have a choice between doing the right things, such as proper business practices, or playing fast and loose with the rules, if you know that playing fast and loose with the rules will never hurt you financially, there's a damn good chance you're going to play fast and loose with the rules.

He should be charged with assault and terroristic threats (or whatever those charges would be under Arizona's criminal code--not going to look it up now).  The officer who did this is a criminal.  If anyone else starting waving a gun and threatening a pregnant woman holding a one year old, and then dislocated the baby's shoulder, oh, and then assaulted the father, while threatening to kill the whole family, they would be going to prison.  I can't imagine, in Arizona, or anywhere that if you commit criminal acts in your line of work, that you get to keep your government pension.  But this should be tied to criminal penalties, not going after pensions because you're not happy with job performance.  And Meyers belongs in prison.  And if you're given a gun by the state and use it to terrorize people, there should be criminal penalties for the crimes you're committing.

I'm bothered, however, by the idea that the payment to the family (assuming there is one) should be directly from the police officers involved.  Their actions were part of a systemwide, cultural issue with the Phoenix Police Department (and nationwide).  And the people of Phoenix should be up in arms about this.  Just making the officers involved pay suggests it's a "few bad apples," as opposed to the department wide cultural problem.  it is everyone in Phoenix's problem, and there needs to be blow back to the police chief, sergeants, officers who stood by and watched this, etc.

• Like 3

On 6/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, Covri said:

What I read on the twitters is that I it wasn’t even dollar store employees that called the cops it was a “concerned citizen” and the cops responded and followed the car to another location. Dollar store employees probably didn’t notice or care if that is indeed how it went down. 

A $5 doll from a Dollar General??  That explains everything.  Thats the most expensive item in the whole damn store and that infant obviously killed the manager to get in the store safe.  Those cops are hero’s.