CWS

Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Michigan’s speed may be troublesome for Fulford (Tech C).  Good match up overall.

Fulford makes me nervous. And yes, Tech had problems with teams with speed. (WVU). Kinda felt like Tadlock tried to match it. I think with Holt back in the lineup Tech will go back to grinding at bats more but Tadlock is always going to opt for pressure. 

2 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Fulford makes me nervous. And yes, Tech had problems with teams with speed. (WVU). Kinda felt like Tadlock tried to match it. I think with Holt back in the lineup Tech will go back to grinding at bats more but Tadlock is always going to opt for pressure. 

Tech’s offense is pretty good anyway.  The lineup is usually pretty good, even at the bottom.  Don’t want to run (especially into outs) when you can drive em in.

I still can't believe Tech won that. It was a bad combo of too many left on base for us and so many free passes for them I just knew the Noles' bats would get it done late - and they nearly did it but for the great catch in CF

Edited by BluTechsan

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

This thing feels like it is Vanderbilt's to lose...

I don't see any entity from the Michigan/Texas Tech/FSU bracket that can win 2 out of 3.

Not saying it's going to happen again, but TT swept 3 straight from Michigan earlier this season.  Of course, Michigan is playing better now, but you've also got to think their run of getting an awful lot of breaks has to end at some point.

Edited by pigmeat markham

30 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Not saying it's going to happen again, but TT swept 3 straight from Michigan earlier this season.  Of course, Michigan is playing better now, but you've also got to think their run of getting an awful lot of breaks has to end at some point.

that first game in the CWS with Michigan and Tech was not a pretty game Tech just did not have it......they had some good (not great) pitching tonight, but they will need to get some runners across the plate.....hopefully in the first game Tech was thinking about earlier this year and not focusnessessing enough and now they will with everything on the line

40 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

God Fulford sucks.

all he had to do was the bare minimum.  There was virtually nothing to gain on that throw to second that precipitated the FSU run.  The dude was not halfway to 3rd... and Fulford isn't Pudge Rodriguez.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Was not Michigan the lowest seed in?

Yeah, but there's the whole thing where they only have to win 1 out of the next 2 and Tech has had to play an extra game.  I think Tech can do it, but Michigan is definitely the favorite.  I'd give them something like a 70% chance to make the finals.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Yeah, but there's the whole thing where they only have to win 1 out of the next 2 and Tech has had to play an extra game.  I think Tech can do it, but Michigan is definitely the favorite.  I'd give them something like a 70% chance to make the finals.

I haven't had much chance to follow, has Tech had to burn a lot of pitching so far?  Michigan's arms should obviously be very well rested.

CWS quiets Vandy's whistler amid complaints

"Legally, I don't see how they can shut me up," he said before Wednesday's game between the Commodores and Mississippi State. "They're making their own rules as they go. I think they ought to leave me alone.

"I have a lawyer that called me. He's a friend of mine. He says, 'Go on and whistle. If they throw you out, we'll sue 'em.' I said, 'I don't know, man. I want to watch the game.'"

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Kristyna Engdahl, director of communications for MECA, which manages TD Ameritrade Park, said that Franklin was approached after "an onslaught" of guest complaints both inside and outside the stadium. She also said there were a number of calls and emails from people unhappy with the whistler. Ballpark policy, Engdahl said, prohibits disruptive noisemaking of any kind...

...But if Vandy continues its run at the College World Series, it might get even louder. The team actually has two whistlers. The other one, Jeff Pack, was hoping to get to Omaha this weekend, according to his wife, Karen.

Pack is a hardcore fan, too. He and his wife rescued two cats, who are black with gold eyes, matching Vanderbilt's school colors. They named one Franklin, after the former Vandy football coach, and the other Corbin, after current baseball coach Tim Corbin...

...At one point during the game, the same stadium supervisor from Sunday approached him again and gave him a warning.

It was hard to do much else, though, because at least three other Vandy fans seated by Franklin started whistling too. They told him they had his back.

Enough is enough, maybe it is time to take a hostage.

1a033d58-b7f9-4276-985a-674edfbcd175_1.2

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

I still can't believe Tech won that. It was a bad combo of too many left on base for us and so many free passes for them I just knew the Noles' bats would get it done late - and they nearly did it but for the great catch in CF

I don't think the Noles brought their bats.

1 earned run in 27 innings.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

CWS quiets Vandy's whistler amid complaints

"Legally, I don't see how they can shut me up," he said before Wednesday's game between the Commodores and Mississippi State. "They're making their own rules as they go. I think they ought to leave me alone.

"I have a lawyer that called me. He's a friend of mine. He says, 'Go on and whistle. If they throw you out, we'll sue 'em.' I said, 'I don't know, man. I want to watch the game.'"

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Kristyna Engdahl, director of communications for MECA, which manages TD Ameritrade Park, said that Franklin was approached after "an onslaught" of guest complaints both inside and outside the stadium. She also said there were a number of calls and emails from people unhappy with the whistler. Ballpark policy, Engdahl said, prohibits disruptive noisemaking of any kind...

...But if Vandy continues its run at the College World Series, it might get even louder. The team actually has two whistlers. The other one, Jeff Pack, was hoping to get to Omaha this weekend, according to his wife, Karen.

Pack is a hardcore fan, too. He and his wife rescued two cats, who are black with gold eyes, matching Vanderbilt's school colors. They named one Franklin, after the former Vandy football coach, and the other Corbin, after current baseball coach Tim Corbin...

...At one point during the game, the same stadium supervisor from Sunday approached him again and gave him a warning.

It was hard to do much else, though, because at least three other Vandy fans seated by Franklin started whistling too. They told him they had his back.

Enough is enough, maybe it is time to take a hostage.

1a033d58-b7f9-4276-985a-674edfbcd175_1.2

You'd hope at some point the guy would say, "Maybe I'm being really selfish here."

Whistler is nothing but an attention whore.  Its Vandy's fault for not nipping this in the bud years ago.

I guarantee you ESPN, CWS, TD Ameritrade, etc decided after Vandy's last appearance that he was never going to be allowed to do it again.  They combed the rules, or made new rules, and found a way to shut his ass up.  

He (they) are terrible.

636620588911223314-IMG-1574.jpg?width=32

Edited by Don Johnson