Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno and all of Penn State can rightly fuck off.

Parliament

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

A lot of people in the region knew. Maryland wanted him back in the early 90s, and again before Sandusky "retired" in 99, but I don't think it's a coincidence that he didn't receive much interest after that. 

This story broke in March to very little national attention, but if you look at the regional rivals for PedoState at that time, they were definitely giving it attention. Here's a quote from a Maryland message board back when Ganim first published the article in late March:  

"This has been fodder for years in State College. What makes it even worse is it is rumoured people knew about it or at least had suspicions and did nothing." 

This whole revisionist bullshit about how it was only Sandusky and that GodPa and the fanbase shouldn't suffer is nonsense. That fanbase, for the most part, has been horrible in how they've responded to this

1000% this. 

Not everybody knew all of the details but it certainly was a rumor in that tiny ass town. They knew he was a fucking creep, people knew he took boys with him on away games, to home games in the pressbox, on bowl trips as his guest, people knew he had boys around him all the fucking time, and THAT is the fucking reason why I get so sick of fucking people saying JoePa didn't know. 

Give me a fucking break. 

10 hours ago, 5 5 said:

My grandfather played at Penn State. He didn't molest anybody but Notre Dame.

You people are basing everything on a salacious movie. Movies, especially bio pics, lie their ass off. I live in Hollywood, it's all sociopathic bullshit here. "Based on a true story" is a fabricated tradition designed to protect and promote fictionalized non fiction.

Don't believe the hype.

It’s just as possible that paterno played a more active role in the cover up as it is that he knew very little and mcqueary isn’t being truthful about what he told paterno. 

But even if you want to believe the best possible scenario, that paterno knew very little about the details, sent it up to his superiors, and then remained willfully ignorant. He still knew something was up. He outright admitted that he knew Sandusky was doing something untoward with young boys on campus. 

If Paterno wanted to do the actual bare minimum he would have banned Sandusky from his campus, from his football facilities. But he didn’t. He wanted to turn a blind eye to it and pretend it didn’t happen. 

And for that his legacy will forever be ruined. No matter how good a man he might have been before that, no matter how many good deeds he accomplished, no matter how man young men he turned into leaders means a single shit in the end, because at the end of the day, when it mattered most, when the safety of young children was on the line he did as little as possible and looked the other way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5 5 said:

My grandfather played at Penn State. He didn't molest anybody but Notre Dame.

You people are basing everything on a salacious movie. Movies, especially bio pics, lie their ass off. I live in Hollywood, it's all sociopathic bullshit here. "Based on a true story" is a fabricated tradition designed to protect and promote fictionalized non fiction.

Don't believe the hype.

We are basing things on the past seven years. I have not and will never watch that movie. What I will not believe is the lies of Penn State and its apologists and you guys continually pointing fingers at everybody and accusing everybody ELSE of being sociopaths is rich. Try accepting responsibility for once.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

I had a hard time watching "Paterno".  It seemed like every 10 minutes or so I'd get so pissed, disgusted, or nauseous that I'd have to change the channel and go back later.  The whole place needs to be razed and all reference to Penn State athletics removed from every book, movie or video in existence. 

on one hand I agree.

On the other, I feel we need blaring, blasting, bold reminders of the depravity in which we engage when lust of fame /fortune/success trumps what is right.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:09 PM, Eskimohorn said:

The movie was pretty spot on, except they did not show flashbacks of Joe conspiring to hide exposure of the incidents, as they did with others. Portrayed the cult pretty well.

JoePa was guilty as sin but  don't think he was in on many of those meetings though. They likely just gave him updates and he just said take care of it. 

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Where did 55 go?

Fuck, I was here to neg him.  Also it seems no matter what rep you give someone, it shows up looking like pos rep.  That's why all of Roma negging him looks like pos rep.  It's credited as neg rep but when clicking on the rep to view it seems to show up as showing trophies/etc.  

23 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I don't think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Not giving that to him. I am saying he just greenlit whatever they did but did not want to waste any time on any issue that wasn't moving his agenda forward. If you saw the movie, I think that was him to a T. In the movie, he avoided reading the report for some time because he didn't think it was that important, what was important was preparing for the next game. In the movie, he was not paying attention to what Sandusky was doing with his own kids in the pool because he had to prepare for Alabama or whoever else he might have been playing in a New Years Bowl game.

That's part of his wrongdoing.

He couldn't be bothered by such trivial things.

We all have the responsibility to protect the innocent, especially children. He isn't absolved from that duty because he thought beating Notre Dame or Nebraska was so fucking important.

That is not dedication.  It is absolute irresponsibility and in most folks' opinions, straight up psycopathic behavior.

7 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Did they include that inspiring quote from JoePa about how he didn't know a man and a boy could physically engage in that type of activity?  

Aw hell no...don't know how I missed it, but did that idiot really go there/

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Aw hell no...don't know how I missed it, but did that idiot really go there/

"Paterno, 85, told the Washington Post that the young aide who came to him in 2002 with a report that he had seen Jerry Sandusky allegedly fondling a boy in the locker room did not go into details.

"You know, he didn't want to get specific. And to be frank with you I don't know that it would have done any good, because I never heard of, of, rape and a man," Paterno said."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/joe-paterno-admits-handle-sex-allegation/story?id=15362562

Truly unbelievable. 

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

"Paterno, 85, told the Washington Post that the young aide who came to him in 2002 with a report that he had seen Jerry Sandusky allegedly fondling a boy in the locker room did not go into details.

"You know, he didn't want to get specific. And to be frank with you I don't know that it would have done any good, because I never heard of, of, rape and a man," Paterno said."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/joe-paterno-admits-handle-sex-allegation/story?id=15362562

Truly unbelievable. 

So I guess "Sue Pa" didn't give up the pooper"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

That's part of his wrongdoing.

He couldn't be bothered by such trivial things.

We all have the responsibility to protect the innocent, especially children. He isn't absolved from that duty because he thought beating Notre Dame or Nebraska was so fucking important.

That is not dedication.  It is absolute irresponsibility and in most folks' opinions, straight up psycopathic behavior.

Again, y'all seem to think I am taking up for him, I am not. I was just explaining why they probably did not show him in the flashbacks to the meetings they had about the subject.

I'm a fan of Jim Clemente and his podcast "Real Crime Profile."  I didn't know until recently that he was involved in this case.  He was hired by the law firm representing the Paterno family  back in 2012/13 to go over the Freeh report and give his opinion on its findings.

Clemente is a former FBI profiler with a lot of experience working child sex crimes and studying the behavior of offenders. He was also a victim of child sex abuse himself.  So, he's extremely informed and has zero tolerance for cover-ups surrounding these crimes.  He analyzed "The Keepers" netflix doc on his podcast and went scorched Earth on the Catholic church. So if he believed Paterno was guilty of anything, he would not have held back.

The TLDR version of findings is that Free report was deeply flawed. Sandusky was an "acquaintance offender" and and expert groomer who had everyone around him fooled - Paterno, Penn State, the department of child services who allowed the Sanduskys to foster 20+ children, the department of health (who investigated the '98 incident), the DA who failed to press charges, the fraud psychologist who analyzed Sandusky back in '98 and misled everyone involved (by concluding that Sandusky was not a pedophile, just had "boundary problems"). Freeh didn't understand the type of offender Sandusky was, and thus misinterpreted the information he had on the case and events surrounding it  Clemente does not think Paterno tried to suppress information or cover anything up.

Here is an interview he did back in 2013, if you're interested in hearing a different perspective. It made me rethink assumptions I had about Paterno, Penn State, and the alleged cover up.

He was hired by the law firm representing the Paterno family"

So...you don't think the law firm that paid him money to do this 'investigation' (of their client) had any affect on the final report that law firm published?

• Like 2

If i knew someone had "boundary problems,"  i sure as fuck wouldn't be sending my kid to their football camp or any other associated activities.

There are certain things that get leeway.  Sexual misconduct around a kid is not remotely close to being one of them.

Hell I'm surprised someone in the Patterno camp didn't just blame Pitt or West Virginia...  Holy fuck it was anybody's fault except the motherfuckers who controlled it all.

Mindbottling indeed.

Edited by slorch

19 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I'm a fan of Jim Clemente and his podcast "Real Crime Profile."  I didn't know until recently that he was involved in this case.  He was hired by the law firm representing the Paterno family  back in 2012/13 to go over the Freeh report and give his opinion on its findings.

Clemente is a former FBI profiler with a lot of experience working child sex crimes and studying the behavior of offenders. He was also a victim of child sex abuse himself.  So, he's extremely informed and has zero tolerance for cover-ups surrounding these crimes.  He analyzed "The Keepers" netflix doc on his podcast and went scorched Earth on the Catholic church. So if he believed Paterno was guilty of anything, he would not have held back.

The TLDR version of findings is that Free report was deeply flawed. Sandusky was an "acquaintance offender" and and expert groomer who had everyone around him fooled - Paterno, Penn State, the department of child services who allowed the Sanduskys to foster 20+ children, the department of health (who investigated the '98 incident), the DA who failed to press charges, the fraud psychologist who analyzed Sandusky back in '98 and misled everyone involved (by concluding that Sandusky was not a pedophile, just had "boundary problems"). Freeh didn't understand the type of offender Sandusky was, and thus misinterpreted the information he had on the case and events surrounding it  Clemente does not think Paterno tried to suppress information or cover anything up.

Here is an interview he did back in 2013, if you're interested in hearing a different perspective. It made me rethink assumptions I had about Paterno, Penn State, and the alleged cover up.

Lost all credibility since

"He was hired by the law firm representing the Paterno family  back in 2012/13 to go over the Freeh report and give his opinion on its findings."

It's a whitewash. Will not waste my time watching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Lost all credibility since

"He was hired by the law firm representing the Paterno family  back in 2012/13 to go over the Freeh report and give his opinion on its findings."

It's a whitewash. Will not waste my time watching. 

Jim Clemente, who spent 30 years investigating child sex crimes, and is a victim of child sex abuse himself, and has also probably made millions off the TV show he created (Criminal Minds) is going to throw away his credibility and life's work to shill for the Paterno family?  For what, a paycheck? He had no prior connection to the Paternos or Penn State. He refused to sign an NDA and warned the law firm that he'd be vocal about his findings regardless of how it made Joe Pa look.  You can disagree with his opinions, but to attack his credibility is just baseless and ignorant.

• Like 1

Curly you lost 99 percent of posters on this thread with "if you're interested in a different perspective" LOL. Malcolm Gladwell also had a column back when all this broke explaining that Sandusky was clearly an expert groomer like many pedos and as such was much harder to detect from the inside, cult or not (though it helps to operate amongst a cult like PSU). Link is here, "In Plain View" but it's TLDR for anyone who thinks the whole story can be summarized with "Joe knew" and "they covered up child rape".

I grew up a PSU fan and still root for them, though as a city guy it's very hard for me to relate to the Central PA community in general. Any state election map makes that obvious. All the Paterno era memories are tarnished and not worth celebrating. The Freeh report was a mess but it did get the process underway of purging PSU athletics and giving the NCAA an in to impose their sanctions (which probably wouldn't hold up in court but they did make an impact on recruiting and thus served their purpose IMO).

I agreed with nutcase 55's opening sentence that this thread is lame. But it thrived on our predecessor site, with so much of its oxygen coming from Ohio State and Pitt fans but that's understandable. Also really the perfect thread for something like 55's bizarre invasion.  

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Jim Clemente, who spent 30 years investigating child sex crimes, and is a victim of child sex abuse himself, and has also probably made millions off the TV show he created (Criminal Minds) is going to throw away his credibility and life's work to shill for the Paterno family?  For what, a paycheck? He had no prior connection to the Paternos or Penn State. He refused to sign an NDA and warned the law firm that he'd be vocal about his findings regardless of how it made Joe Pa look.  You can disagree with his opinions, but to attack his credibility is just baseless and ignorant.

Being hired by the Paterno family would have been bad enough on its own. 

Being hired by the law firm that represents that pack of nutjobs is even worse. 

Please go away. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monster said:

He was hired by the law firm representing the Paterno family"

So...you don't think the law firm that paid him money to do this 'investigation' (of their client) had any affect on the final report that law firm published?

No, I don't think that fact had any effect on Jim Clemente's findings. I'm repeating myself, but he's a former victim who spent 30 years investigating child sex crimes, putting away sex offenders, and endeavoring to prevent future abuse from happening.  It was literally his life's work. The notion that he would lie to protect anyone who covered up child sex crimes is outrageous. The only previous connection Clemente had to anyone involved in this case was to Louis Freeh - his former boss who he liked and respected.

Defense lawyers pay expert witnesses to give testimony at trials. Does that automatically discredit the testimony? Of course not.  It depends on the witness.

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

No, I don't think that fact had any effect on Jim Clemente's findings. I'm repeating myself, but he's a former victim who spent 30 years investigating child sex crimes, putting away sex offenders, and endeavoring to prevent future abuse from happening.  It was literally his life's work. The notion that he would lie to protect anyone who covered up child sex crimes is outrageous. The only previous connection Clemente had to anyone involved in this case was to Louis Freeh - his former boss who he liked and respected.

Defense lawyers pay expert witnesses to give testimony at trials. Does that automatically discredit the testimony? Of course not.  It depends on the witness.

So what does the esteemed Mr. Clemente have say about Joe Paterno admitting that an aide approached him in 2002 with a report that Sandusky was raping a young boy IN THE PENN STATE LOCKER ROOM? 

Dude, please just stop defending him. He's as bad as Sandusky and pretty much would have seen jail time. 

5 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

So what does the esteemed Mr. Clemente have say about Joe Paterno admitting that an aide approached him in 2002 with a report that Sandusky was raping a young boy IN THE PENN STATE LOCKER ROOM? 

Dude, please just stop defending him. He's as bad as Sandusky and pretty much would have seen jail time. 

if you're curious about what he has to say, listen to the interview.  If you just want to dig into your black and white "Paterno covered up kiddie rape, the end" narrative, then don't bother.

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Curly you lost 99 percent of posters on this thread with "if you're interested in a different perspective" LOL.

I realized I walked into a lion's den by sharing what I've posted. And literally as of this morning, I was of the opinion that Paterno knew something was up, but turned a blind eye or lacked the courage to confront it. But now I'm rethinking that assumption.

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

if you're curious about what he has to say, listen to the interview.  If you just want to dig into your black and white "Paterno covered up kiddie rape, the end" narrative, then don't bother.

Everything that anyone needs to know about what Joe Paterno had to say is contained in his quote to the Washington Post. He admitted to being handed a report about one of his coaches raping a young boy in the showers in 2002. 10 years later, he had yet to report it. That's Joe's own narrative, not mine!!!

i am honestly surprised that you even care what we think, cause the odds of you changing anyone's mind here are zero. 

Poor Paterno is as misunderstood, and unfairly blamed, as Art Briles. How dare anyone think they should have control over rapists in their programs. They are X's and O's guys. You can't hold them to any type of moral standards. 

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

Poor Paterno is as misunderstood, and unfairly blamed, as Art Briles. How dare anyone think they should have control over rapists in their programs. They are X's and O's guys. You can't hold them to any type of moral standards. 

Thank you! CurlyDumps' posts were beginning to make me question my sanity. 

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Everything that anyone needs to know about what Joe Paterno had to say is contained in his quote to the Washington Post. He admitted to being handed a report about one of his coaches raping a young boy in the showers in 2002. 10 years later, he had yet to report it. That's Joe's own narrative, not mine!!!

i am honestly surprised that you even care what we think, cause the odds of you changing anyone's mind here are zero. 

Yeah, you're a bit off there. Malcolm Gladwell describes how that all went down in the article linked a couple posts up: In Plain View

Tim Curley was planning to alert Child Protective Services until he spoke to JoePa, then decided to keep it quiet, after a report of anal rape of a boy. They then promoted the person who reported it to Joe, but didnt intercede to stop the rape either physically or calling the cops.

There are also reports Joe knew back in the 70’s, 1998, 2002. JoePa repeatedly covered up rape. The End.

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Paterno was all about trying to keep his place in history. He wasn't about to let his defensive coordinator raping little boys stand in his way. 

I think JoePuh probably fucked a few little boys himself. That rhythmic slapping was music to his ears. Deviant asshole.