Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno and all of Penn State can rightly fuck off.

Parliament

Jerry Sandusky would have been this guy’s position coach, but the writer wasn’t able to get an interview. Crazy. 

Paterno comes across as a guy much more focused on image than substance. The article explains how the local police didn’t charge the player with as many rapes as they could (out of a desire to shield the program), leaving a path open for bail, and subsequently more rapes and a murder. 

It’s crazy- as horrific as this guy was, as many lives as he damaged, Sandusky probably did more, and repeatedly. In both cases, Paterno’s primary concern was his program’s image. 

Question- who is worse? A Paterno trying to deny and cover up the rapes, or a Switzer wisecracking about them, but not denying them?

Paterno was by far the more despicable human. He was complicit in the crimes, enabled predator Sandusky to thrive for years, and tried to cover it all up and used his power through the years to protect his image first and the program second. The definition of despicable.

Switzer is an interesting character. He was a more entertaining version of a lot of coaches back then. Is he worse than haughty Dr Tom Osborne at Nebraska, who coddled violent thugs like Lawrence Philips?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Paterno was by far the more despicable human. He was complicit in the crimes, enabled predator Sandusky to thrive for years, and tried to cover it all up and used his power through the years to protect his image first and the program second. The definition of despicable.

Switzer is an interesting character. He was a more entertaining version of a lot of coaches back then. Is he worse than haughty Dr Tom Osborne at Nebraska, who coddled violent thugs like Lawrence Philips?

Switzer’s comment- “if it weren’t for the shooting, doping and raping…” displays a flippancy, a lack of remorse and responsibility for damage caused by players that he sought out and brought to his university. I see Switzer as a lot like Briles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just a crazy article - PSU fans like the idiots in Waco dying on the hill of Art Briles are such POS for continuing to buy into the Paterno as "good guy" narrative. I don't care how much $ he donated to libraries etc, the guy flat out covered for any number of abuses all in the name of winning.

Just a sewer.

• Hook 'Em 2

We've had no trouble getting to incarcerated January 6th participants (they got a trophy & everything, no CR because people in actual jail are actually in jail no matter your stupid fucking feelings).  But Sandusky is protected from up on high.  Nobody can fuck with him apparently.  Bribed inmates can't get near him, the guards on his block are beyond reproach.  Frustrating as hell.  Other than a few shoving matches, he hasn't been fucked with in ten years.  He'll die in relative solitude by 2030.  I don't know who his protectors are, but they're doing a fine job.  Guy fucks a handful of kids and has angels on his shoulders for over a decade, Epstein arranges for hundreds of kids to be molested and he's executed just days after his transfer.  Something ain't right. 

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Fuck pederast enabler piece of shit JoePa and Pedo state, and the NCAA for backing off all the sanctions on that hub of pedophilia networking.

and fuck all the pedo fans who bitched and moaned about the NCAA sanctions, saying they weren't fair and calling themselves victims and asking why they should be punished when it was their cult of personality that enabled all that shit to happen.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 7:21 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

They drive around up here with JVP (Joe Vincent Paterno) magnets on their cars. They drive around up here with Forever 409 (his victory total after the NCAA reinstated wins) magnets on their cars. I have even seen We Are, Because He Was as a magnet on cars.

They are a cult. The GodPaCult I like to say.

You don't want to know any of them. As I said on the other site. I have a neighbor who once said, after Sandusky broke, Jerry quit coaching football to help kids.

No lie, they are evil.

I stand by my statements from 2018. They are evil fucks who live in a cult. The GodPaCult.

Stupid Jay Paterno ran for the university board of trustees with one of his positions being that the statue of GodPa should again stand outside the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 2

Superb writing and utterly fucking devastating. Fuck PSU and anyone involved in protecting this monster. JoePa remains one of the biggest pieces of shit in cfb history. Any penn state fans that continue to be mealy mouthed about the underlying culture massaged and encouraged by JoePa and the rest can eat a bowl of fuck. 

also, I would be curious to see the skeletons in the closet for Baylor in this era. You know there is some despicable shit waiting to be dug up. 

• Like 1

Clicked out of interest and goddamned its a James Michener novel, I don't care about any of these people that much. My guess is that there was some rapes going on and Paterno covered it up. Already know he's a piece of shit. I hope his ass is being beaten daily by some angry demon in hell.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, statsman said:

Switzer’s comment- “if it weren’t for the shooting, doping and raping…” displays a flippancy, a lack of remorse and responsibility for damage caused by players that he sought out and brought to his university. I see Switzer as a lot like Briles. 

OU's student paper called for Switzer's head.  OU always felt they were bigger than any one coach - Baylor as a school and institution tried their ass off to hold onto Briles as long as they could.  

Also, Dr. Tom and Joe Pedo were holier than thou types all the way through while they liked to point to Switzer as some despicable POS - Barry may have been just that, but Joe and Dr. Tom were no better, that's for damn sure. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
throughhhhh
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Joe Paterno managed to not be the worst person in a position of authority in a Penn St story for once.  He was released on bail after being convicted and then later paroled and committed multiple rapes and a murder before finally being put away for life.  Good job justice system. 

So Switzer makes some tasteless jokes. Is it really any worse than fucking Grant Taeff who responded to his program’s issues with some scriptures. Taeff is close to JoePa bad with his murders and rapists.

6 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

So Switzer makes some tasteless jokes. Is it really any worse than fucking Grant Taeff who responded to his program’s issues with some scriptures. Taeff is close to JoePa bad with his murders and rapists.

But Switzer didn't just make the tasteless jokes.  He was the leader who let all of that shit happen on his watch and THEN joked about it.

But Switzer didn't just make the tasteless jokes.  He was the leader who let all of that shit happen on his watch and THEN joked about it.

Weren’t any murders at OU. Barry made some bad jokes. Have you never done that? He also had his mother kiss him goodnight and then blow her brains out. I really don’t believe he would have enabled and covered for his pederast best friend, nor tried to hide murders.

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Weren’t any murders at OU. Barry made some bad jokes. Have you never done that? He also had his mother kiss him goodnight and then blow her brains out. I really don’t believe he would have enabled and covered for his pederast best friend, nor tried to hide murders.

No, no murders…because after one player shot another in the dorm, the ambulance got there. I’m not sure what your point is here. 

Asfor presumed limits to Switzer’s misdeeds- he screwed his DC’s wife. He made money on an insider trading tip from a booster, and then threw the tipster under the bus to avoid conviction. He smuggled a gun onto a plane. He asked Royal, as an OU alum, to teach him the intricacies of the wishbone, and then mocked Royal for it after beating him. He didn’t like the disdain Aikman had for him with the Cowboys and allowed an assistant (Blake) to spread rumors about Aikman being a racist. 

He is a first class piece of shit. The only thing he has over Paterno is that he never claimed to be a saint. 

Edited by statsman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

No, no murders…because after one player shot another in the dorm, the ambulance got there. I’m not sure what your point is here. 

Asfor presumed limits to Switzer’s misdeeds- he screwed his DC’s wife. He made money on an insider trading tip from a booster, and then threw the tipster under the bus to avoid conviction. He smuggled a gun onto a plane. He asked Royal, as an OU alum, to teach him the intricacies of the wishbone, and then mocked Royal for it after beating him. He didn’t like the disdain Aikman had for him with the Cowboys and allowed an assistant (Blake) to spread rumors about Aikman being a racist. 

He is a first class piece of shit. The only thing he has over Paterno is that he never claimed to be a saint. 

Actually there was a thread right here and many a surlite admit they’d love to shoot the shit and have a beer with Barry.  Nobody here has ever said that about JoePa…so Barry definitely also has that over him.  No higher praise in life than to be admitted amongst this ragtag group of shitheads…

edit: and tons of your post is total bullshit.  ‘Smuggled’ a gun on a plane?  LMAO

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 2

Sure, Barry is a great guy if you have no connection, or (even better) if he needs something from you. The second you are in his way, or he can make his situation better at your detriment, all bets are off. When you look at the trail of destruction left among those who trusted him,  employed him, married him, played for him, counted on him, he sure looks like  he suffers from Narcissism Personality Disorder. 

4 minutes ago, statsman said:

Sure, Barry is a great guy if you have no connection, or (even better) if he needs something from you. The second you are in his way, or he can make his situation better at your detriment, all bets are off. When you look at the trail of destruction left among those who trusted him,  employed him, married him, played for him, counted on him, he sure looks like  he suffers from Narcissism Personality Disorder. 

Yeah, but he’s our type of asshole.  Unlike JoePa and Dr. Tom.  I won’t dig the thread up.  It will rustle your jimmies…

also, I would be curious to see the skeletons in the closet for Baylor in this era. You know there is some despicable shit waiting to be dug up. 

This mother fucking right here. In the Hodne case one can at least understand how rudimentary rape kits were in the late 70s. Lack of DNA sampling, non-networked computers, surveillance cameras, etc. made tracking a suspect far more difficult. Shoot, if not for the fact that one of the victim's dad was a cop and another worked for the phone company Hodne might have gotten away with even more atrocities.

Fast forward 35 - 40 years and think about how much evidence--DNA, physical & digital--was ignored, kept secret and/or destroyed by Briles, Baylor and Waco PD.

I know the Southern Baptist bloc is currently too powerful to allow that full expose to be produced today. But someday it will all come out, and the line to shit on the graves of those who intentionally hid what was going on at Baylor will go up and down I-35 from the Gulf Coast to the Red River.

And fuck JoePa and Pedo State.
  • Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Actually there was a thread right here and many a surlite admit they’d love to shoot the shit and have a beer with Barry.  Nobody here has ever said that about JoePa…so Barry definitely also has that over him.  No higher praise in life than to be admitted amongst this ragtag group of shitheads…

edit: and tons of your post is total bullshit.  ‘Smuggled’ a gun on a plane?  LMAO

I think I posted in that thread that I have shot the shit with Switzer, who was a friend and business partner of a client, and he is indeed a hoot. He relished in the attention of people asking him for selfies, especially women. I told him I went to Oklahoma State and he deadpanned “Sorry to hear that son!” then laughed his ass off in a friendly way, mentioned his friendship with Pat Jones. I told him I was a huge Cowboys fan and was 13 when they won in ‘95. Not sure how I got the balls to ask but he let me wear his super bowl ring. He clearly is (or was) a shitty person but yeah, fun and charming if nothing else.

12350AAD-40E6-47C8-B8F6-F3AAA0EF1F19.jpeg

D0191553-3B93-46A3-BED0-A7C1B0FE10BF.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Geographically speaking, Columbus Ohio is in the northeastern US.  It's closer to the eastern seaboard than the Mississippi.

Fuck Penn State, so hard.

Sure, if you carve up the US in quadrants, but no one considers Ohio to be in the northeast.  It has been separated from the NE going all the way back to the days of the Northwest Territory.

19 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Sure, if you carve up the US in quadrants, but no one considers Ohio to be in the northeast.  It has been separated from the NE going all the way back to the days of the Northwest Territory.

You don't have to draw it up into quadrants.  Ohio is a long damn ways east to be associated with the central part of the country.  Columbus is closer to Baltimore than it is to the Mississippi River.

I understand why it's been culturally separated from the northeast, but whenever I'm there I feel like I'm in a completely different part of the country.  Ohio is more like the east than it is anything west of the Mississippi.  It's considered the Midwest less due to modern objective criteria and more due to historical association.

Really, I'm just annoyed with most of the country thinking Iowa and Ohio are the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You don't have to draw it up into quadrants.  Ohio is a long damn ways east to be associated with the central part of the country.  Columbus is closer to Baltimore than it is to the Mississippi River.

I understand why it's been culturally separated from the northeast, but whenever I'm there I feel like I'm in a completely different part of the country.  Ohio is more like the east than it is anything west of the Mississippi.  It's considered the Midwest less due to modern objective criteria and more due to historical association.

Really, I'm just annoyed with most of the country thinking Iowa and Ohio are the same thing.

Lol.  Nobody wants Ohio.  It’s ok, Oklahoma feels their pain.  The south?  No.  Midwest? Not really.  

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Nobody wants Ohio.  It’s ok, Oklahoma feels their pain.  The south?  No.  Midwest? Not really.  

I think they are similar in that regard.

I view Oklahoma as where the south, Midwest, and southwest meet.  Northern OK is definitely the Midwest.  Enid, Ponca City, Guymon, etc.  It's just Kansas.  When you take the back roads to Dallas and go through all the towns James McMurtry mentions in "Choctaw Bingo"?  That's the South.  100%.  Lawton and the Wichita Mountains area seem like New Mexico.

Ohio's the same way - intersection of Midwest, northeast, and Appalachia.  NW corner around Toledo feels pretty Midwestern.  Cleveland is a lot more Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Albany than it is Minneapolis, KC, Omaha.  Southern/eastern Ohio is basically Appalachia.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, Post Oak said:

I hope the fucking judge who let him out on bail after he was found guilty of rape is roasting in Hell 

It was nice to see so much cancer hitting various shitheads in this story.  Too bad it wasn’t more of the live forever shitting in a bag poorly attached your stomach variety.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

while I understand your annoyance, I think its something to do with the fact both states have 3 vowels and only 1 consonant in their name. I mean, what kind of spelling shit is that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

while I understand your annoyance, I think its something to do with the fact both states have 3 vowels and only 1 consonant in their name. I mean, what kind of spelling shit is that?

It absolutely has something to do with that.

I guess you can blame the native Americans?

15 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I have a lot of work and reading to catch up to, can someone give me a cliffs notes version of the long read ESPN piece?

Ted Bundy had butt sex with Michael Myers and they had a child named Todd Hodne. Played football for Joe Pa and Joe Pa was all too eager to cover up his shit. Quite a few rape victims, also killed a cab driver (that was after PSU, so were some of the rapes). Sandusky says he doesn’t remember him. He’s lying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It absolutely has something to do with that.

I guess you can blame the native Americans?

If it matters (and it probably doesn't because I'm just some random asshole on the internet and I accept that) but I rate Iowa way higher in my estimation than Ohio. Ohio is probably second to last, behind Florida. Iowa doesn't even break the bottom ten.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If it matters (and it probably doesn't because I'm just some random asshole on the internet and I accept that) but I rate Iowa way higher in my estimation than Ohio. Ohio is probably second to last, behind Florida. Iowa doesn't even break the bottom ten.

I'll take where we can get it.  Good pub for my state has been hard to find lately.

I don't hate Ohio, but I don't care much for it either.  Mostly I just think it's very different than Iowa and it's weird that people think it's the same.  It's like thinking Amarillo and Houston are basically the same thing because they're both in Texas.  It's in the "Midwest" but the Midwest is not monolithic.  The Mississippi is a big divide between the more industrial Great Lakes/Rust Belt and the more agrarian Great Plains, and I think the former has a lot in common with the northeast.

5 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Fast forward 35 - 40 years and think about how much evidence--DNA, physical & digital--was ignored, kept secret and/or destroyed by Briles, Baylor and Waco PD.

All under the auspices of Baylor President Ken Starr. It all happened under his watch, and his knowing approval, and wasn’t limited to the Baylor Athletic Dept. 

• Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'll take where we can get it.  Good pub for my state has been hard to find lately.

I don't hate Ohio, but I don't care much for it either.  Mostly I just think it's very different than Iowa and it's weird that people think it's the same.  It's like thinking Amarillo and Houston are basically the same thing because they're both in Texas.  It's in the "Midwest" but the Midwest is not monolithic.  The Mississippi is a big divide between the more industrial Great Lakes/Rust Belt and the more agrarian Great Plains, and I think the former has a lot in common with the northeast.

Does anyone outside of Iowa know or care about anything in Iowa?