Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno and all of Penn State can rightly fuck off.

Parliament

18 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Based on the trailer, I am pretty surprised that Penn State would grant them any rights to their brand or game footage.

Maybe the school intends to move forward beyond this scandal by accepting responsibility, and in cooperating in giving an "ok" on rights to use the names 7 likenesses of former or current students or employees, the school might have a small say as to how the events are portrayed...

6 hours ago, TrojanPrincess said:

I'll never forget that chilling moment during the 2017 Rose Bowl when Paterno's image came up on the video screen, and the PS fans went wild cheering....that is one messed up fanbase and culture.  

They drive around up here with JVP (Joe Vincent Paterno) magnets on their cars. They drive around up here with Forever 409 (his victory total after the NCAA reinstated wins) magnets on their cars. I have even seen We Are, Because He Was as a magnet on cars.

They are a cult. The GodPaCult I like to say.

1 hour ago, Zombie said:

How disgusting (Penn State, not the movie). I don't know any PS people, but I can't fathom how they justify their support of Paterno and the PS staff who allowed this evil to persist for so long.  

You don't want to know any of them. As I said on the other site. I have a neighbor who once said, after Sandusky broke, that Jerry quit coaching football to help kids.

No lie, they are evil.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
grammar

19 minutes ago, The Grassy Nole said:

Hey there is still a chance it will happen, and once it does this thread will explode

That only happens if Michigan State also "signs off" on a Larry Nassar documentary... 

The likelihood of that actually happening..? Sparty would probably give a consensus vote of:

SpartyDisagrees_original.gif?1364071239

Based on the trailer, I am pretty surprised that Penn State would grant them any rights to their brand or game footage.
How does something like that work? If they accessed only public stuff to make it, and BFU is a public institution, what legal ground do they hold to stop it? I don't see Hitler's kin suing to stop all those Hitler Downfall dubbed vids.

I guess they could sue for defamation, but the bar for that has to be pretty high.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

They drive around up here with JVP (Joe Vincent Paterno) magnets on their cars. They drive around up here with Forever 409 (his victory total after the NCAA reinstated wins) magnets on their cars. I have even seen We Are, Because He Was as a magnet on cars.

They are a cult. The GodPaCult I like to say.

You don't want to know any of them. As I said on the other site. I have a neighbor who once said, after Sandusky broke, that Jerry quit coaching football to help kids.

No lie, they are evil.

They're also delusional.  After the game, we walked out chanting "We Are....SC!", a chant that originated on the USC campus in the 1930s.  Several PS fans yelled back to "get your own cheer". We just smirked back, but it is on record the 1977 PSU cheerleaders that started the chant heard it on a televised USC game.  Idiots.

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/the-origins-of-we-are-

Edited by TrojanPrincess
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, TrojanPrincess said:

I'll never forget that chilling moment during the 2017 Rose Bowl when Paterno's image came up on the video screen, and the PS fans went wild cheering....that is one messed up fanbase and culture.  

That is pukeable.

11 hours ago, TrojanPrincess said:

They're also delusional.  After the game, we walked out chanting "We Are....SC!", a chant that originated on the USC campus in the 1930s.  Several PS fans yelled back to "get your own cheer". We just smirked back, but it is on record the 1977 PSU cheerleaders that started the chant heard it on a televised USC game.  Idiots.

Ya'll need an RD.

8 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

pedo st, rapelor, and msu all need to be burned to the ground, and the earth salted so nothing ever grows there again.

Remember that time SI wanted to take down Oklahoma State for some pot and premarital (consensual) sex?  I 'member.

On 4/3/2018 at 4:47 PM, 'stache said:

Remember that time SI wanted to take down Oklahoma State for some pot and premarital (consensual) sex?  I 'member.

It was just an attempt to stay relevant for a while longer...

No one pays attention to SI until the annual Swimsuit Issue...

giphy.gif

And then it's back to oblivion for the staff for about another 10 solid months...

Watched it on HBO tonight.  Thought the movie was very fair.

A lot of the details may be left up to interpretation but at the end of the day, the thing they got right was the dithering around the edges of the issue without anything happening because the power center (Paterno) did nothing.  That's the key to the entire scandal.  It's a bunch of people talking to each other waiting on Paterno to make a decision regarding Sandusky, which he never did.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:37 PM, Sejjr said:

My understanding is that you can use film and photos of any team if you don’t show their trademark logo or team  name on the helmets and uniform. 

On 4/2/2018 at 5:17 PM, Zombie said:

How disgusting (Penn State, not the movie). I don't know any PS people, but I can't fathom how they justify their support of Paterno and the PS staff who allowed this evil to persist for so long.  

I know a married couple, in their 40's, that are both PSU alums. They used to worship at the altar of JoePed. Then this all became public knowledge and now they want everything to do with him wiped from their school. For them, I feel some pity, because they will automatically be judged, when they are on the right side of this. For the apologists and current worshippers, fuck them all with a rusty dagger.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, TrojanPrincess said:

200.gif

If Joe Pa was given a raw deal, it was of his own volition.  It still doesn't resonate with me why he didn't react more swiftly and with resolve. Was he scared his failure to act in 1998 would sully his legacy? Was it money? Was it bigger than that, with Sandusky holding something over his heAd? I get the SMUs, aggy, and Dickerson TransAm stories. Greed makes sense.  I even get the Patino 'sex em up' philosophy, consenting adults and all; NCAA regulations be damned. However, I cannot reconcile what 'win' was for Joe Pa to look the other way or be so cavalier about Sandusky. You're worried about ruining someone's weekend or even beating Nebraska...while little boys got raped. 

It doesnt add up.