Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno and all of Penn State can rightly fuck off.

Parliament

Penn?  Any fucking shit-for-brains can get into Penn.  That school shouldn't even be in the Ivy League anymore.  It's below Villanova in most circles.  Shit, you got Swarthmore and Carnegie Mellon just down the road, they're both light years ahead of Penn academically.  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Penn?  Any fucking shit-for-brains can get into Penn.  That school shouldn't even be in the Ivy League anymore.  It's below Villanova in most circles.  Shit, you got Swarthmore and Carnegie Mellon just down the road, they're both light years ahead of Penn academically.  

If you stay in PA, Penn is where you want to go. If you’re serious about a career or research you’re pretty spot on.

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Woah woah woah chill out there buddy. Agreed on Swarthmore and Carnegie Mellon, but Nova? Nova is overrated and even in their overrated rankings they're not UPenn level. UPenn is a solid school on par with the second tier of state schools like Michigan, NC, Texas, UCSD, UCSB, Illinois, etc. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Some genius on their social media team thought this would be a smart thing to tweet out (read the fine print).

EtbZt0oXcAAERJc?format=jpg&name=large

Glass houses considering what our SM team did after Sark won the NC with Bama.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Never said the b-school sucks, just that overall institution is overrated (hyperbole admitted).  Wharton has produced some incredible world-changers in Musk, Buffet, Charles Butt, Huntsman, Porat, and what seems like half the faculty I know at McCombs.  They've also let a few half-'tards buy their way into attendance which I think is really progressive of them.  Not like in a Rodney Dangerfield "Back to School" kinda way, more tragic and cruel...but of note nonetheless.  

15 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Warren Buffett went to Columbia’s business school.

I thought he at least attended Wharton?  I think he ended up graduating back in Nebraska.  I dunno.  i swear I heard him reference going to Wharton during some panel.  I was likely extremely hungover.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I thought he at least attended Wharton?  I think he ended up graduating back in Nebraska.  I dunno.  i swear I heard him reference going to Wharton during some panel.  I was likely extremely hungover.  

He did.  If I’m not mistaken he went to Wharton then Nebraska as an undergrad then Columbia as a gs.   He also famously got rejected by Harvard.   

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

All of this. If y’all would like, you could just Google this instead of speculating. Pretty simple. 

Relax and put a dip in.  I was just trying to see how much I remembered from my B school days wo cheating.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Oh a panelllllll.......you’re such an academic attention whore. 

it was actually a real asset investment conference in Dallas.  You were probably there actually.  Warren Buffett wouldn't likely speak an academic conference, but would very likely speak at an investment conference.  Guy like you should know that.  If I said "Carl Icahn spoke at a panel I attended"...your first thought shouldn't be "oh academic panelllllllllll."  On a lighter note, I'm glad to see you started saucing it up early on a Friday, right with you bud...

Little known fact, Jimmy Buffet graduated from Wharton with Donald Trump (both born in '46) and wrote "One Particular Harbor" whilst in Delaware Bay with him on Fred's boat.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Never said the b-school sucks, just that overall institution is overrated (hyperbole admitted).  Wharton has produced some incredible world-changers in Musk, Buffet, Charles Butt, Huntsman, Porat, and what seems like half the faculty I know at McCombs.  They've also let a few half-'tards buy their way into attendance which I think is really progressive of them.  Not like in a Rodney Dangerfield "Back to School" kinda way, more tragic and cruel...but of note nonetheless.  

Anyone in particular you're thinking of??

Yeah, Thornton Melon, for whom Carnegie-Melon University in Pennsylvania is named.  Hence my reference to that great PA university in upthread.  Also they have a great swimming & diving program.  Rex Kramer and I sat in on a panel about it once, years ago. 

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Carnegie Mellon, just down the road, if you mean just down the road being 300 miles next door to the University of Pittsburgh.

But, fuck State Penn and the Nambly Lions located in Crappy Valley.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wish I could use my ability to connect disjointed facts across the astral plane for something worthwhile.  But alas, not in the cards.  As much as Jimmy Buffet sucks though, "One Particular Harbor" is a really good song.  It's not terribly complex at 5 chords, but for an E Major at 12 bars, there's something rich and compelling to it.  I tried to get into Buffet when I lived in Florida and kinda did for awhile, but this is the only song that stays with me.  The rest is parrothead crap to me now.  I'd like to think it was his years at Wharton and the Eastern Seaboard that influenced this track before he headed down to Key West with some Texans of note.  

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They never should’ve killed the Big 33 game. 

I think the streak is still alive about a Big 33 guy having played in every Super Bowl.

Chiefs backup quarterback Chad Henne, a Wilson West Lawn graduate, took part in the Big 33 in 2004. Chiefs rookie lineman Yasir Durant represented Imhotep Charter in the 2016 game.

It was a great game. We used to go out to Hershey to watch. My cousin played in it and I had other friends who played in the game. Good stuff.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

5 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

UPenn is a solid school on par with the second tier of state schools like Michigan, NC, Texas, UCSD, UCSB, Illinois, etc. 

Just curious, if Michigan and Texas are in your second tiers of public schools, who do you have in the first tier?  I admit I'm biased about Texas, and certain rankings do have us in the 10-15 range, but I don't think I've ever seen Michigan ranked as anything other than top 3-5 public. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Buffet doesn’t suck. You suck. 

Now I’ll never go to a Buffet show because of his fan base. But I won’t fault him for that. He’s got some classics. 

Tell us more about panels you’ve seen. 

I really like his music, but yeah you’re right about his shows.  I did go to his show at the Armadillo when I was at UT and it was a kickass time though.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Neb undergrad, Columbia MBA.

Maybe an symposium at Wharton or honorary?

Edited by cochamps

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Just curious, if Michigan and Texas are in your second tiers of public schools, who do you have in the first tier?  I admit I'm biased about Texas, and certain rankings do have us in the 10-15 range, but I don't think I've ever seen Michigan ranked as anything other than top 3-5 public. 

Berkeley and LA. That's it.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I wish I could use my ability to connect disjointed facts across the astral plane for something worthwhile.  But alas, not in the cards.  As much as Jimmy Buffet sucks though, "One Particular Harbor" is a really good song.  It's not terribly complex at 5 chords, but for an E Major at 12 bars, there's something rich and compelling to it.

tenor.gif?itemid=17258487

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Just finished this.  This is outstanding writing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Just finished this.  This is outstanding writing.

Me too. Incredible amount of research there. Worth the read. Very scary stuff. Had that player not been caught and arrested you could see him “graduating” to murdering his rape victims. I mean he did murder someone later—a cab driver. But damn.  The other stuff is what we’ve come to learn about Joe Pa and Penn state but they aren’t an outlier. Disgusting. How terrifying to be raped and had a knife to your throat and you report it and do everything you are asked to do as a victim and your rapist is now threatening you on the phone after the fact and you get a call from Joe Pa, “Hey how are you doing?” Wtf? 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck pederast enabler piece of shit JoePa and Pedo state, and the NCAA for backing off all the sanctions on that hub of pedophilia networking. Joe and Sandusky should have had their heads on sticks.

I’ve hated Pateeno since I was a kid and his incessant whining about the Big Shootout in 69 with Texas vs Arkansas. I hate that motherfucker more than I hate Notre Dame and Grant Taeff.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

dig him up and kick him in the nuts. Then go around the country, every penn st grad, punch in the nuts 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It’s crazy- as horrific as this guy was, as many lives as he damaged, Sandusky probably did more, and repeatedly. In both cases, Paterno’s primary concern was his program’s image. 

Question- who is worse? A Paterno trying to deny and cover up the rapes, or a Switzer wisecracking about them, but not denying them?