Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

The 4i or 4 tech (inside) is when the D-lineman lines up on the Center side of the Tackle. Basically the inside shoulder of the Tackle. This is only done when you have a 3 man front because the linebacker typically lines up on the outside shoulder of the tackle in a 3-4 base scheme. Princely swears he’s a traditional DE in a 4 man front and that’s exactly what Aggy is selling him on.

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

Who is the best running back this year? Not necessarily on 247 but opinions. Evans, Milton, jase, Robinson? Seems to be a lot of 5 star backs this year.

There’s also the Clemson, Miami, and South Carolina commits. Not sure if they’re all still 5*s, but they were at some point 

Evans is the most talented, but I can easily see Bijan being the best of the bunch in the end 

Ingram, Whittington, Bijan, and Wheaton is looking realistic, with a couple of RB2s in Jordan and Campbell mixed in 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

There’s also the Clemson, Miami, and South Carolina commits. Not sure if they’re all still 5*s, but they were at some point 

Evans is the most talented, but I can easily see Bijan being the best of the bunch in the end 

Ingram, Whittington, Bijan, and Wheaton is looking realistic, with a couple of RB2s in Jordan and Campbell mixed in 

I think landing Jordan is going to be tough. He appears to like USC a lot, and the Trojans will almost certainly turn up the heat if Bijan commits to Texas.

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I think landing Jordan is going to be tough. He appears to like USC a lot, and the Trojans will almost certainly turn up the heat if Bijan commits to Texas.

We need to hope that the "stay close to home" angle is persuasive, even though we've treated him like a Plan F for months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

When USC goes 6-6 let's see how much he likes them. I think the big appeal to Jordan is he's a good fit in their new offensive system. What happens when it's a new coaching staff? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

5 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

What the fuck are you trying to imply here?  She works for American as a F/A.  How is that relevant to being taken care of.  Are you saying they got some management clod at Delta who’s a Georgia backer to hire her into Delta management?

Please fasten your seatbelt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We need to hope that the "stay close to home" angle is persuasive, even though we've treated him like a Plan F for months.

Wouldn't it be an odd twist if we missed on Jordan and somehow managed to scoop up EJ Smith? No buzz on him at all I know although he does have an offer. The howling from Buckeye nation would be epic. That might actually be a twofer. Isn't he an Aggie target too?

Just now, sith_horn said:

Wouldn't it be an odd twist if we missed on Jordan and somehow managed to scoop up EJ Smith? No buzz on him at all I know although he does have an offer. The howling from Buckeye nation would be epic. That might actually be a twofer. Isn't he an Aggie target too?

It would be funny, but that kid is probably Florida or Stanford bound.

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

When USC goes 6-6 let's see how much he likes them. I think the big appeal to Jordan is he's a good fit in their new offensive system. What happens when it's a new coaching staff? 

their offense is going to be good.  fuck him but graham harrell knows what he’s doing. 

7 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Aggy lock you stupid sip! Emmitt is already an Aggy dad! Whoop!

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’d recruit the shit out of Ringo’s mama.

6 hours ago, Goodman said:

That would have been fun but too late and she is a big fan of Atlanta.

Can't quite place her but...

Don't go chasing waterfalls and have your mansion torched in the ATL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

EJ made a rivals pick for Bunkley-Shelton to Texas. 

These picks all seem especially speculative unless he decides to shut things down early. I still don't have a good feel for who our true competitors are in this recruitment (aside from transcripts).

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I haven’t looked up previous years, but it really seems like Clemson, UGA, LSU, tOSU, and Bama have a chance to have the 5 total highest composite scores ever in a single class. 

4 of them are already higher than our #3 class last year, and they could all potentially eclipse 300 points. That also means we could land a class almost identical in score to last year's class and finish 6th instead of 3rd. 

It's a good thing the NCAA doesn't let schools pay players, because that would destroy competitive balance.  

• Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

These picks all seem especially speculative unless he decides to shut things down early. I still don't have a good feel for who our true competitors are in this recruitment (aside from transcripts).

I think he commits soon. Not sure it sticks but I bet he commits soon based on 1) the post visit comments and 2) the crystal ball predictions. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So everybody is saying Bijan to Texas except for Roach who doesn't know s***/can't get anybody from Bijan's Camp on the phone. I think we're witnessing Peak Roach. 

It seems shockingly like floor Roach.

41 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

USC will win 9+ games this year. 

30 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Smith is a slot. He’s not an RB. That’s part of the problem with them figuring out where he’s going. Many schools like him as a slot, but not as RB. ATM saying whatever the player and family wants to hear should work in their favor here, but the dad has dealt with smarter hucksters than the crew at ATM. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So everybody is saying Bijan to Texas except for Roach who doesn't know s***/can't get anybody from Bijan's Camp on the phone. I think we're witnessing Peak Mike at Night. 

Roach pretty much says he doesn’t know unless a finally member or coach of the kid has told him. He really needs to figure out something else to say besides, “I reached out to all my sources, but I don’t know shit” over and over again. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

but the dad has dealt with smarter hucksters than the crew at ATM. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Who is the best running back this year? Not necessarily on 247 but opinions. Evans, Milton, jase, Robinson? Seems to be a lot of 5 star backs this year.

Depends entirely on the system they go into. It's entirely subjective, but I actually prefer Robinson as a system fit for Texas; you could easily make an argument for Milton or Jase, too, though. Evans really needs to go to a more traditional (read: boring) scheme, where he'll be asked to focus on being an every down bull-ahead kind of back. He honestly ought to go to Wisconsin, if it were just a football question; I would call him almost a lock for a Heisman if he did that. Instead, he'll end up going $EC! $EC! $EC! where, in spite of probably having more innate talent than the other three, he'll more than likely end up being the least productive of those four.

I'm willing to bet Milton will end up with the highest total yards of all of them by the time their college careers are over. But if we get Robinson, that would be the outcome that would make me happiest.

So everybody is saying Bijan to Texas except for Roach who doesn't know s***/can't get anybody from Bijan's Camp on the phone. I think we're witnessing Peak Mike at Night. 

It’s exciting, for sure. But last week he was basically a lock to tOSU and it seems like nobody has any idea what happened. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the 9.95ers still have absolutely no idea what Bijan’s plan is