2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

This game is exemplary of why D'Antoni was rightfully not extended. Blowing a 16 point lead at home and not adjusting to 3 point shots not falling is not new. I lost track after about 6-7 times Harden let his man score on him while he watched. To top it off, the Rockets let Brook Lopez kill them after Greek Freak fouled out. 

• Like 1

Just now, UDontKnow said:

This game is exemplary of why D'Antoni was rightfully not extended. Blowing a 16 point lead at home and not adjusting to 3 point shots not falling is not new. I lost track after about 6-7 times Harden let his man score on him while he watched. To top it off, the Rockets let Brook Lopez kill them after Greek Freak fouled out. 

Yep. D'Antoni with just awful coaching in the 2nd half, as usual.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Especially Houston sports right now. Starting from the football game against Kansas it has been a rough week for me.

Except for that sporadic glimmer or moment of greatness... it’s a constant diet of bitter disappointment for Houston fans. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

I doubt Houston wins 50, especially with Green out and old men at the Bigs.

Green is a double edged sword, so I don't think he has much of an impact on win shares. I was impressed with Tyson Chandler's impact. He got shafted by the refs but otherwise was good for the Rockets. If D'Antoni had half a basketball brain, he would have played Chandler more against the Lopez twins especially with the lead dwindling. I do agree that it would be nice to get some youth among the bigs.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Green is a double edged sword, so I don't think he has much of an impact on win shares. I was impressed with Tyson Chandler's impact. He got shafted by the refs but otherwise was good for the Rockets. If D'Antoni had half a basketball brain, he would have played Chandler more against the Lopez twins especially with the lead dwindling. I do agree that it would be nice to get some youth among the bigs.

i have a much higher view of Green, he's maturing and I suppose it's the D regarding the double edge? When he's hot, it takes them to unbeatable levels. Chandler was a good player, much respect to his 2011 contribution but he's going to wear down fast over the season.  They really needed to sign Faried for some inside punch. This team has zero ability inside the line and not a dunk. Worst ever 2% in NBA history if you exclude dunks or Harden driving layups.

also revising the wins to a 46 win tops.

Edited by NowThis

4 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i have a much higher view of Green, he's maturing and I suppose it's the D regarding the double edge? When he's hot, it takes them to unbeatable levels. Chandler was a good player, much respect to his 2011 contribution but he's going to wear down fast over the season.  They really needed to sign Faried for some inside punch. This team has zero ability inside the line and not a dunk. Worst ever 2% in NBA history if you exclude dunks or Harden driving layups.

also revising the wins to a 46 win tops.

Green is about to be 34 in a few months and is a significant defensive liability. The Rockets can't count on him to get hot from beyond the arc night in and night out. It is laughable that Faried is not on the roster when Nene is, given that Faried is an every game player and Nene isn't. 

Spurs fan here. Y'all are going to be a top 2 seed in the West. Harden and Westbrook will figure it out. They're too good not to (I mean... I would hope so. Westbrook kind of fucked up the Durant pairing). Gordon was terrible tonight. He won't be that bad every game. Tucker won't shoot that well every game either but it will balance out. Bucks will be one of the 5 best teams in the league. 

Y'all are easy favorites for the division title and this is the year for Harden to go get his chip. Just don't fuck it up like the Clippers did in 2015. 

Edit (lol): @UDontKnow - D'Antoni is a good coach and a very smart basketball mind. I wouldn't judge his rotations based on the first game. 

Edited by ztejas

Lots of over reactions.  Did someone reference Gerald Green as a difference maker?  Jesus.

Some of you need to move your basketball posts over to Clutchfans.

Despite off nights from Harden and Gordon this game was there for the taking.  Milwaukee was hitting everything.

We went cold in the 4th. Missed a lot of open 3s.

It's going to happen.

I was encouraged by McLemore and Chandler.  Sefolosha will be a good defensive addition. I like House starting and bringing EG off the bench.

We don't have much length with our starting lineup and Harden generally doesn't try on defense. Last year, I think Paul helped keep Harden working hard and this year he doesn't really have a guy on the team to play that role. This means the Rockets are going to give up too many easy buckets (layups or put-backs or just shooting over-the-top). I really think for the Rockets to contend they need a PF and have Tucker rotate in at both forward spots. In other words, the Rockets need a guy who can play help defense and clean the boards when Harden or others get beat off the dribble.

Even though he is a small forward, I think Iguodala would be a good addition for the Rockets as he can play D and hit spot up 3s. PFs who can clean the boards and hit spot up 3s are going to be too expensive. The problem won't be the stars on the team. The problem is that the team is incomplete. I am pretty sure that the GM knows this and will make some sort of trade mid-season.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Pelicans missing their 2 best players and the Rockets can barely take them out. When does D'Antonio get fired?

I believe this is the last season of his contract, so maybe after the season is over unless the Rockets somehow miraculously make it to the Finals.

15 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Lol  3 games in and you guys are analyzing rotations.

10 players have played in all 3 games.

Relax.

I imagine when there is a chance to play the bench guys extended minutes, it will happen.

Last night, who would you have preferred to get more minutes?

I would have given Lauren Summer 16 minutes.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Lol  3 games in and you guys are analyzing rotations.

10 players have played in all 3 games.

Relax.

I imagine when there is a chance to play the bench guys extended minutes, it will happen.

Last night, who would you have preferred to get more minutes?

This isn't a reaction to 3 games. It's the continuing trend from the past 4 seasons. Gordon was abysmal last night and got 37 minutes. There isn't another guard on the entire roster that could maybe make 2-6 on 3's, because that would have been a marked improvement over the bricklayer.