Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4: Tripping Balls (Spoilers)

atomheartbevo

I can’t imagine they have 3 different versions of Spider-Man, a huge contingent of past bad guys, and add in Morales.  It would just be WAY too much.  The only way that would make sense is if they do it in a post credit scene.

It’ll be a brief sub 5 minute scene where all the multiverses collide together before Spider-Man/Strange save the day.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, Buzzrock said:

I’m in. That said…

The most supreme wizard in the multiverse fucks up a spell in devastating fashion because…a teenager is talking during it?

I hope the plot device is better than that. I hope Miles Morales shows up.

Just watched the trailer and thought that too. Also that they didn't have the conversation about the others forgetting before he started the spell. I really do hope there's more to it than that, because it doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll watch either way and enjoy it though. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan76 said:

I'm still going to see it, because my daughter wants to, but Eternals has been getting blasted, from the blurbs I've seen.

I almost feel like they overextended themselves with the Eternals.  I know it was already budgeted/planned/pre-production just as a lot of stuff came together with Fox, and I know Feige wanted to get away from all of the Marvel characters that even casual fans know about, and I understand how it fits into the next phase (getting into cosmic spans of time running thousands of years, etc.), but I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still going to see it, because my daughter wants to, but Eternals has been getting blasted, from the blurbs I've seen.

The reviews are very mixed. From skimming a few it seems like fans of the movies so far might not like it (it’s not as “fun”), but others are praising it for trying something different.

Maybe this is Marvel’s The Last Jedi?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Black Panther was bad? Is my sarcasm meter broken?

It was hyped up too much IMO. BP himself is boring, dour, and has zero charisma. Then there’s the stupid rhinos. I like the bad guy who had actual motivations. I like the female guards. I like Serkis. The pieces and so much potential was there but they dropped the ball on it. Maybe it’s not the worst Marvel movie but it’s easily bottom 3 for me.

I've said this before, really wish Sony had made Morbius a villain in a Spider-Man film letting Disney use that opportunity to tease/intro Mahershala as the new Blade. Spider-Man vs vampires with an assist from Blade would have made some pee come out.

I guess this goes here even if it's Disney+. They announced some new shows in development. Agatha: House of Harkness, Ironheart, a Groot animated series, an animated Spiderman series called Freshman Year, Echo, Secret Invasion, a Marvel Zombies animated show, and an animated X-Men series called Xmen 97 that looks like the old cartoon. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I guess this goes here even if it's Disney+. They announced some new shows in development. Agatha: House of Harkness, Ironheart, a Groot animated series, an animated Spiderman series called Freshman Year, Echo, Secret Invasion, a Marvel Zombies animated show, and an animated X-Men series called Xmen 97 that looks like the old cartoon.