SEC sposed to be SEC

RollLeft

Conference hate is stupid. My conference shit the bed today, but I couldn’t give fuck one about them because I was too busy watching my team not only shit the bed, but roll around in it against Memphis.

Texas needs to keep it up, hit their marks score-wise, and have their defense keep bringing the pain. Fuck conferences, cheer for your team and carry on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't hate the schools in the SEC...well ok I hate a few of them...but not for that reason.

I hate the way the SEC suckfest is regionalizing and ruining College Football, which is a national sport and should be covered and talked about that way.

This is correct. It’s not really about hating the SEC but the bullshit surrounding it. Any chance to shit on that perception should be thoroughly relished.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

I remember last week during the Arizona/Hawaii game one of the cbs halftime jackass predicted mizzou as a darkhorse playoff team....

It made me laugh then, and makes me laugh now even harder. 

Don’t they have a postseason ban this year?

5 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Conference hate is stupid. My conference shit the bed today, but I couldn’t give fuck one about them because I was too busy watching my team not only shit the bed, but roll around in it against Memphis.

Texas needs to keep it up, hit their marks score-wise, and have their defense keep bringing the pain. Fuck conferences, cheer for your team and carry on.

Once again this opinion is stupid because other conference's teams have to worry about it because the bias affects them negatively when it comes to rankings, playoff selection, bowl selection, etc. No shit you don't have to worry about it because you can only possibly benefit from it.

It's not that the SEC isn't necessarily the best conference, it's that the nonstop knob-slobbing by the media has negative and unwarranted effects.

• Like 5

Once again this opinion is stupid because other conference's teams have to worry about it because the bias affects them negatively when it comes to rankings, playoff selection, bowl selection, etc. No shit you don't have to worry about it because you can only possibly benefit from it.
It's not that the SEC isn't necessarily the best conference, it's that the nonstop knob-slobbing by the media has negative and unwarranted effects.

I completely agree, but is it the fault of the conference, or the ESPN knob slobbers? I mean, if your friend gets a blow job by a chick who loves giving blowjobs, is it his fault that he let her blow him? Do you blame the suck(er) or the suck(ee)?
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Istian said:

This is correct. It’s not really about hating the SEC but the bullshit surrounding it. Any chance to shit on that perception should be thoroughly relished.

Exactly.  I don't particularly give a shit about the SEC.  What I hate is all the media myth-making about them.  Which isn't to say that the SEC hasn't been the best conference for most of the last 10 or so years.  They have.  But there isn't this huge gulf between them and every other conference.  And the "there are no easy weeks in the SEC" stuff is horseshit.  The bottom half of that league is as bad as the bottom half of every other. 

Perfect example: a few years ago, aggy beat four Lamar-type programs outside the conference and went 4-4 in the SEC.  They played 4 ranked opponents all year and lost those games by double digits.  But because of the perception that they're 8-4 in the toughest league on earth, so they must be good, they counted as a quality win for the four good teams who stepped on them.

The media starts with the conclusion that the SEC is incredible and ignores anything that doesn't fit that narrative.  It's tiresome and it actually helps the SEC in recruiting and sets up a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So hell yeah I enjoy it when they fold to schools like Georgia Southern and Memphis.  Warms my subcockles right up. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

B12 9-0 (9-0) 1 to go (OU)

B1G 12-2 (12-2)

PAC 8-3 (8-3) counting WSU as win and USC pending

SEC 9-5 (8-4 OOC)

ACC 7-6 (4-3) Louisville to go

SEC 4th out of P5 in OOC win %

Yeah but that's because they schedule marquee opponents like Georgia State, Wyoming, and Memphis. 

For the record they're 8-4. Georgia and Vanderbilt played each other. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

... SEC 9-5 (8-4 OOC) ...

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah but that's because they schedule marquee opponents like Georgia State, Wyoming, and Memphis. 

For the record they're 8-4. Georgia and Vanderbilt played each other. 

No, I insist they were 8-4 in their OOC games ;)