SEC sposed to be SEC

RollLeft

5 minutes ago, runthebone said:

ESPN is fucking comical.   The headline is that some whatever whatever gave Auburn--"and the SEC"--the biggest win of the night.   Guess what, fuckos, the SEC also had the biggest chokejob fuckup upset loss of the weekend.

Yeah I saw that. Big win for the SEC. Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and South Carolina can all rejoice at their big win.

• Like 1

Florida will finish 9-3 without beating a single FBS team that finishes with a winning record and will be at the edge of the top 10, way ahead of deserving teams from other leagues. Just my little prediction.

Then they will get destroyed in their bowl game because "they didn't want to be there".

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I saw that. Big win for the SEC. Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and South Carolina can all rejoice at their big win.

South Carolina lost to a rebuilding team.

Old Miss lost to a basketball school.

Tennessee lost to an absolute nobody and Arky almost did likewise.

Missouri lost to a team from a state with 75 people.

But hey, as long as you only look at 6 of the 14 teams, it's clear that the SEC is incredible top to bottom.

• Like 3

Auburn running back JaTarvious Whitlow: "Nobody wanted to lose to Oregon. We feel like that's a bad reputation on them. What are they, ACC? Pac-12? I didn't even know what they were. A Pac-12 team coming in and beating an SEC team, we can't take that."

Yeah Whitlow. You have to be a 2-10 SunBelt team to do that.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bamachine said:

Fuck the rest of the conference, I haz a sad that AU might have made the rest look a little less shittty, as they had to win to do so.

Hey It's my turn. Fuck the rest of the conference. Bama's going down this year.. so we are all going to ride LSU's coattails this year...

2 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Conference hate is stupid. My conference shit the bed today, but I couldn’t give fuck one about them because I was too busy watching my team not only shit the bed, but roll around in it against Memphis.

Texas needs to keep it up, hit their marks score-wise, and have their defense keep bringing the pain. Fuck conferences, cheer for your team and carry on.

It's going to be a long couple of years for ya.. and I'm going to love every moment of it.

See ya in a few weeks in Dallas for the party?

44 minutes ago, runthebone said:

ESPN is fucking comical.   The headline is that some whatever whatever gave Auburn--"and the SEC"--the biggest win of the night.   Guess what, fuckos, the SEC also had the biggest chokejob fuckup upset loss of the weekend.

Is it that big of a stretch? It was the only top 25 game of the week?

12 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Is it that big of a stretch? It was the only top 25 game of the week?

Yes. Auburn won that game. Good for Auburn. Great win. But nobody else won it. The entire PAC 12 did not lose it, Oregon did. Mississippi State did not just beat Oregon. This does not prove the entire SEC is just a class above the entire PAC 12. 

But it is being used to advance the propaganda, to solidify the narrative. When a SEC school loses it matters not at all. Nothing matters unless it advances the narrative.

Which is something I am kind of fatalistic about this week against LSU. If LSU wins then SEC SEC SEC we show we are second class to everybody in the SEC. If Texas wins then...somehow it doesn't matter. That seems to be how it works, or at least that is how it went against Missouri and Georgia.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Yes. Auburn won that game. Good for Auburn. Great win. But nobody else won it. The entire PAC 12 did not lose it, Oregon did. Mississippi State did not just beat Oregon.

But it is being used to advance the propaganda, to solidify the narrative. When a SEC school loses it matters not at all. Nothing matters unless it advances the narrative.

Which is something I am completely expecting this week against LSU. If LSU wins then SEC SEC SEC we show we are second class to everybody in the SEC. If Texas wins then...somehow it doesn't matter. That seems to be how it works.

I see the article you are talking about.. and well Auburn's win does help prop up those SEC members with a chance to contend such as Au, LSU, Bama, UGA. But i get your point too.

But I'm also watching SVP on sportscenter ripping Mizzou,, South carolina, and TN.  

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Lose by more than 2 TDs to a team that was 2-10 last year as a 3+ TD favorite.   Ooof.  Tough times in Rocky Top.  It gotta be a shitty time to be a Vols fan.  aggys gonna rip them a new one on SECRant.

Your math sucks dumbass.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yes. Auburn won that game. Good for Auburn. Great win. But nobody else won it. The entire PAC 12 did not lose it, Oregon did. Mississippi State did not just beat Oregon. This does not prove the entire SEC is just a class above the entire PAC 12. 

Which is something I am kind of fatalistic about this week against LSU. If LSU wins then SEC SEC SEC we show we are second class to everybody in the SEC. If Texas wins then...somehow it doesn't matter. That seems to be how it works, or at least that is how it went against Missouri and Georgia.

If we beat LSU, it will absolutely change the narrative. It absolutely will matter.  For at least a week.

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

South Carolina lost to a rebuilding team.

Old Miss lost to a basketball school.

Tennessee lost to an absolute nobody and Arky almost did likewise.

Missouri lost to a team from a state with 75 people.

But hey, as long as you only look at 6 of the 14 teams, it's clear that the SEC is incredible top to bottom.

The SEC is pretty good, top to high-middle???

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Exactly.  I don't particularly give a shit about the SEC.  What I hate is all the media myth-making about them.  Which isn't to say that the SEC hasn't been the best conference for most of the last 10 or so years.  They have.  But there isn't this huge gulf between them and every other conference.  And the "there are no easy weeks in the SEC" stuff is horseshit.  The bottom half of that league is as bad as the bottom half of every other. 

Perfect example: a few years ago, aggy beat four Lamar-type programs outside the conference and went 4-4 in the SEC.  They played 4 ranked opponents all year and lost those games by double digits.  But because of the perception that they're 8-4 in the toughest league on earth, so they must be good, they counted as a quality win for the four good teams who stepped on them.

The media starts with the conclusion that the SEC is incredible and ignores anything that doesn't fit that narrative.  It's tiresome and it actually helps the SEC in recruiting and sets up a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So hell yeah I enjoy it when they fold to schools like Georgia Southern and Memphis.  Warms my subcockles right up. 

Exhibit A: Kentucky last season. They actually beat their 4 cupcakes then beat a preseason ranked Florida and jump to the top ten. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Exhibit A: Kentucky last season. They actually beat their 4 cupcakes then beat a preseason ranked Florida and jump to the top ten. 

See no problem with UK being rewarded with a Top 10 ranking after snapping a 310 year old losing streak to UF.  

A whole lot of 0-1 teams in the SEC right now that lost to cupcakes. Week two the aggy will join the blemished record club and it'll be glorious. A lot of them legitimately believe they're going to beat Clemson because Trevor Lawrence struggled in the opener.

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

It was easy for the machine to launder the sugar bowl result.  It will be harder to whitewash week-2 primetime top-10 results if they go against the narrative, especially if we get it done and Dabo goes in dry.

The real news from the barn result is the virtual elimination of the PAC.  The machine isn't going to talk about it to keep the mountain and pacific time zones interested in this season.  But other than USC, the PAC contenders (WA/OR/UT) have now played and lost their only OOC P5 game.  The PAC desperately needed a duck win, and barn to hang around with only that single loss before the iron bowl, to keep undefeated WA/OR/UT "in the conversation" until midnight on December 1st.

But Washington and Utah still did win, even if not against top competition.  They may not play P5 teams but they'll still be in the conversation until they lose. You are probably right though that barring an undefeated team, the Pac-12 likely won't make CFP.

Edited by LonghornSean

Stanford beat a P5 team, won that has gone 15-3 in the B1G the last 2 seasons. USC and Stanford still have games against ND, Colorado has a big game this weekend with Nebraska coming to town.

Though the Pac 12 will only make the playoffs with an undefeated champion, they will always be left out if 4 other P5 champs have 1 loss.

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Exactly.  I don't particularly give a shit about the SEC.  What I hate is all the media myth-making about them.  Which isn't to say that the SEC hasn't been the best conference for most of the last 10 or so years.  They have.  But there isn't this huge gulf between them and every other conference.  And the "there are no easy weeks in the SEC" stuff is horseshit.  The bottom half of that league is as bad as the bottom half of every other. 

Perfect example: a few years ago, aggy beat four Lamar-type programs outside the conference and went 4-4 in the SEC.  They played 4 ranked opponents all year and lost those games by double digits.  But because of the perception that they're 8-4 in the toughest league on earth, so they must be good, they counted as a quality win for the four good teams who stepped on them.

The media starts with the conclusion that the SEC is incredible and ignores anything that doesn't fit that narrative.  It's tiresome and it actually helps the SEC in recruiting and sets up a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So hell yeah I enjoy it when they fold to schools like Georgia Southern and Memphis.  Warms my subcockles right up. 

This.  the issue is the myth that every damn team is well above average except Vanderbilt(and the inevitable "even Vandy is good for being the SMART school").  SEC is sooooo deep!!  this myth affects polls, bowls, etc.