CBT

2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

16 hours ago, CBT said:

This is awesome. Cuban is great.

Good on, Cuban.  He may not be Sage Steele but for a Hoosier, he's a-ok.  

Given we're going to have a shortage of shit to talk about here for a while, thought I'd indulge myself by posting (part of) a road trip report.
Went to the Mavs last road game of the season on Tuesday night in San Antonio- took the fam to spend a couple of days over the kids' spring break.  Long and short of it- yeah, the ATT Center is a dirty old barn, but I'm jealous of it.  It's a rivalry sure, but we're talking about a team that's going to miss the playoffs and that arena was louder than I've ever heard the AAC at a regular season game.  There's really no one there to "be seen" - they're there to cheer their asses off.  Which is weird considering all the titles they've won.  But our fans are the ones that act spoiled.  And everyone was super nice (all four of us were wearing Mavs gear), so I don't really have anything bad to say about the people either.  Sorry- don't neg me bros.  I'm still pissed about that second half.
Had a bomb ass torta (made to order) and they have a legit full size Whataburger restaurant in the concourse, so obviously the kids ate that.
Ran into this dude walking around downtown the morning before the game though- made the whole trip worth while.
a-a-carlisle.jpg

That's awesome. We did the same thing last year with my 3 oldest (8, 6, 5) for dirk's last game ever. Drive down from Austin, watched the Mavs, stayed on the Riverwalk, and let the kids play hooky the next day. Didn't see Rick Carlisle though.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, threesheets said:

Given we're going to have a shortage of shit to talk about here for a while, thought I'd indulge myself by posting (part of) a road trip report.

Went to the Mavs last road game of the season on Tuesday night in San Antonio- took the fam to spend a couple of days over the kids' spring break.  Long and short of it- yeah, the ATT Center is a dirty old barn, but I'm jealous of it.  It's a rivalry sure, but we're talking about a team that's going to miss the playoffs and that arena was louder than I've ever heard the AAC at a regular season game.  There's really no one there to "be seen" - they're there to cheer their asses off.  Which is weird considering all the titles they've won.  But our fans are the ones that act spoiled.  And everyone was super nice (all four of us were wearing Mavs gear), so I don't really have anything bad to say about the people either.  Sorry- don't neg me bros.  I'm still pissed about that second half.

Had a bomb ass torta (made to order) and they have a legit full size Whataburger restaurant in the concourse, so obviously the kids ate that.

Ran into this dude walking around downtown the morning before the game though- made the whole trip worth while.

spacer.png

wait, you're not black??

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Black in name only, amirite @conVINCEd.

This is true.  You also attended a HS that is/was regularly a contender for the state basketball championship, so there’s a little social influence as well.

Edited by conVINCEd

Posted (edited)

Also must watch, not sure how I missed this:

Edited by CBT

Some of these young'ins have no respect.

You can see the fire in KP's eyes though...he wants what Dirk had.