elfenix

2020 astros offseason

That breaks down and away initially and then cuts back towards the hitter at the end.  I don't even know how that is possible.

Posted (edited)

Oh I like that.  This shortened season is going to be perfect for a guy coming off of TJ.

Edited by WBT

On 3/22/2020 at 7:59 PM, Scraps said:

What season?

Yeah, it is feeling like this season isn't going to happen.  Seems like after the initial month or two off, players/coaches/umpires could be tested and cleared, and they could play in empty stadiums while the rest of us are still social distancing.  Extra TV money could make up for a lot of the ticket/concession losses.  People are itching for sports to watch and broadcasters are itching for sports to broadcast.

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

This fucking sucks still 

Yep

should be amping up for opening fucking day.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Yep

should be amping up for opening fucking day.

Well- I wonder if I’m going to get my $4,000 for season tickets returned to me or if that’s going to be a bullshit credit for next year. I also wonder if we don’t have a season of our entire OF is gone as free agents. 

Oh well- at least the sides got along already and will be able to amicably work through all this. 

Mothers day game is on att sports right now. Breggy just went yard again 10-1 into the fifth,  Corbin Martin just came out

Sorry,  Corbin is still in the game but think he's coming out soon. 

Ok,  he's out after 9 Ks in his debut, wonder what he would fetch in a trade ?

What time are we meeting at biggio’s tomorrow ?

ill probably hit up 8th wonder too. 

opening day !!!!!!!

I'll be eating first at osso and Kristalla, be biggios around 11a, see y'all then!

Last light of good rest for me for 72+ hours
Season opener tomorrow
Dell Match Play Friday
Sturgill Simpson/Tyler Childers Saturday.

....or at least that was the schedule a couple of months ago in some now bizarre, alternate universe

what the fuck? biggio's is closed? 

alright, me and @Ldogg53 will be heading to lucky's now if anyone wants to meet us. see you boys then, 

so we just stopped at @UTPhil2006's place in apartment and pounded some shots and now headed to lucky's; i think @tx 3 putt has the first round for us when we get there. see you fuckers then!

You would think that even with a 6:10 PM start there would be more people in EADO right now. It's like a ghost town down here.

51 minutes ago, Ichabod said:

You would think that even with a 6:10 PM start there would be more people in EADO right now. It's like a ghost town down here.

Lofts at the Ballpark Bar is boomin.  @Mez2 little brother just threw up from pounding 4 White claws in a row.  Gonna get him some food at Home Plate before we head in before the national anthem

Y'all laugh, but I asked my season ticket rep yesterday if we could get live feeds set up to watch the ongoing renovations in LF and RF. 

I'd watch anything happening at MMP at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Player said:

Y'all laugh, but I asked my season ticket rep yesterday if we could get live feeds set up to watch the ongoing renovations in LF and RF. 

I'd watch anything happening at MMP at this point. 

Pretty sure they're done aren't they?

14 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Lofts at the Ballpark Bar is boomin.  @Mez2 little brother just threw up from pounding 4 White claws in a row.  Gonna get him some food at Home Plate before we head in before the national anthem

1 hour ago, Ichabod said:

see above; lucky's ended up being closed but think home plate is open soon though, will be there before home plate. the DJ is playing houston rap right now . i may not last until first pitch

Just now, UTPhil2006 said:

Pretty sure they're done aren't they?

No, according to my ticket rep they aren't finished yet. I guess maybe they either took their foot off the gas when the season was officially delayed, or they have run into material or labor issues. 

I was there for the Texas-LSU game, and it looked like they still had quite a ways to go. 

17 minutes ago, Player said:

No, according to my ticket rep they aren't finished yet. I guess maybe they either took their foot off the gas when the season was officially delayed, or they have run into material or labor issues. 

I was there for the Texas-LSU game, and it looked like they still had quite a ways to go. 

Maybe whatever I saw last week somewhere was a mock up.

Also, if you want to buy me a go pro I'll attach it to my hat and wander around the blocks around MMP for you if you're that in need of a MMP live feed.  Probably will catch my arrest on it too for loitering

12 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Maybe whatever I saw last week somewhere was a mock up.

Also, if you want to buy me a go pro I'll attach it to my hat and wander around the blocks around MMP for you if you're that in need of a MMP live feed.  Probably will catch my arrest on it too for loitering

C'mon Phil - I'm confident you can outrun stadium security. 

23 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Last light of good rest for me for 72+ hours
Season opener tomorrow
Dell Match Play Friday
Sturgill Simpson/Tyler Childers Saturday.

....or at least that was the schedule a couple of months ago in some now bizarre, alternate universe

I hate you for doing this- it makes me want to cry. And of course don’t forget the sweet 16 we are watching tonight and tomorrow as prep for all that. 

I always said if I could be unemployed for a month I’d want to to be March. I wasn’t planning on the world stopping. 

RIP 

He hit it over all the shit they stored on the warning track because they thought no one would hit it that far.

6 hours ago, Ichabod said:

Everyone's at the rodeo.

Christ. I just realized we're probably going to be denied the greatest dynasty of winning 100+ 4 straight seasons. Gonna need to go 100-0 in a shortened season.

Drunk. Watching Ken Burns Baseball.

6 hours ago, Mez2 said:

so we just stopped at @UTPhil2006's place in apartment and pounded some shots and now headed to lucky's; i think @tx 3 putt has the first round for us when we get there. see you fuckers then!

i'm with you in spirit.

200.gif

On 3/22/2020 at 9:48 AM, WBT said:

Oh I like that.  This shortened season is going to be perfect for a guy coming off of TJ.

There will be no season bro.

I bet George got upset at about 6:30 today and wasn't sure why.