Jump to content
Goo Punch

Shaka better watch his back...

Recommended Posts

He may have had issues with...stuff....but man did I have fun watching his teams play. I miss having fun watching Texas play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He may have had issues with...stuff....but man did I have fun watching his teams play. I miss having fun watching Texas play.

Most of us had fun watching his teams play, we were children.  Now we'd be bitching about too many 3s and Panama Myers cant hit a fucking free throw to save his life! Fuck you Tom!

Dem days was badass for sure.  Texas didnt have much success tournament wise before Tom Penders. Hes the first to lead us to back to back tourneys, think about that. Before that, we went to the tournament every now and then.

And fuck Arkansas forever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

If I hadn’t read the caption, I would never have guessed that was Penders. 

or some close genetic kin of Garfunkel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the whole "violating federal law by spitefully disclosing players' grades and then setting up an assistant to take the fall" thing is water under the bridge now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I guess the whole "violating federal law by spitefully disclosing players' grades and then setting up an assistant to take the fall" thing is water under the bridge now?

Is he supposed to be banned from Travis County?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom is a fun follow on Twitter. Definitely not afraid to say what he feels, and it’s clear that he still loves Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dewey said:

Most of us had fun watching his teams play, we were children.  Now we'd be bitching about too many 3s and Panama Myers cant hit a fucking free throw to save his life! Fuck you Tom!

Dem days was badass for sure.  Texas didnt have much success tournament wise before Tom Penders. Hes the first to lead us to back to back tourneys, think about that. Before that, we went to the tournament every now and then.

And fuck Arkansas forever 

I thought for sure Abe had accomplished b2b NCAAT trips but wiki tells me not the case.  The BMW run in '90 was fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Tom said we hired the best coach in the country when we got Shaka. That was fun

So Tom’s judgment is consistent with his appearance???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always loved Susie.

Would always chat with her in the Burnt Orange Room after games.

She still looks good and she really looked good back when Tom was coaching.

He did a lot for this program and I will always be grateful for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember the halftime show recognition for the `90 Elite 8 team they had a couple of years ago?  . If CDC would commit to rolling a drunk Penders out every halftime, I might show up more. Get him windmill dunking off a mini-tramp, balancing chairs and fine china on his chin, catching frisbees in his mouth, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Red Five said:

He’d look pretty good for his age if he just cut his hair.

Thanks, grandma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I guess the whole "violating federal law by spitefully disclosing players' grades and then setting up an assistant to take the fall" thing is water under the bridge now?

It's amazing what sins a former coach can be forgiven, if the current one sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 10:46 PM, Valmy77 said:

He may have had issues with...stuff....but man did I have fun watching his teams play. I miss having fun watching Texas play.

 

On 11/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, Dewey said:

Most of us had fun watching his teams play, we were children.  Now we'd be bitching about too many 3s and Panama Myers cant hit a fucking free throw to save his life! Fuck you Tom!

Dem days was badass for sure.  Texas didnt have much success tournament wise before Tom Penders. Hes the first to lead us to back to back tourneys, think about that. Before that, we went to the tournament every now and then.

And fuck Arkansas forever 

Ugh. I hated watching his teams play "hero ball" especially when Reggie Freeman was our "best" player. I remember his sub-40% shooting percentage but averaging like 25 points per game. One guy would bring the ball down and play 1-on-5 basically. Now the BMW bunch that lost to Arkansas in the regional final was pretty bad ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His teams were fun when they were on but maddening when they couldn't adjust. He had the worst full court press ever, it was like a 3 man weave layup drill for our opponents. There was no confidence going into any competitive game because you never knew which team would show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, C-Man said:

 

Ugh. I hated watching his teams play "hero ball" especially when Reggie Freeman was our "best" player. I remember his sub-40% shooting percentage but averaging like 25 points per game. One guy would bring the ball down and play 1-on-5 basically. Now the BMW bunch that lost to Arkansas in the regional final was pretty bad ass.

I loved it. I knew we were never going to win anything and it was not the smartest thing to do but it was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

His teams were fun when they were on but maddening when they couldn't adjust. He had the worst full court press ever, it was like a 3 man weave layup drill for our opponents. There was no confidence going into any competitive game because you never knew which team would show up.

What about when we wore the silver jerseys?  Then you knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, Red Five said:

He’d look pretty good for his age if he just cut his hair.

Yeah, I'm shocked.  That gorgon-do has to go, but shit, knowing as much about Penders as I do, he looks amazing at this point.  The argument that he shouldn't still be around is valid if you were ever around him.  And the wife has aged better than expected, as well.

Edited by cafe society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

His teams were fun when they were on but maddening when they couldn't adjust. He had the worst full court press ever, it was like a 3 man weave layup drill for our opponents. There was no confidence going into any competitive game because you never knew which team would show up.

At least they would be on sometimes, unlike the teams under Shaka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...