Nice Guy Eddie

Official 2019 bitch about family/holiday drama thread

On 11/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, tbone_ said:

Smoke that bitch

On 11/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

or fry the btich.

Little harsh on the MIL, fellas*

* Fuck it, already multi-quoted and wasn't wasting it because MIL jokes have already been posted.  

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Little harsh on the MIL, fellas*

* Fuck it, already multi-quoted and wasn't wasting it because MIL jokes have already been posted.  

HEH HEH, Aside from the fact my MIL is certifiably, bat shit, crazy, she's a nice lady who's always been that way to me. So my comment was strictly for the bird.

This is my first Thanksgiving as a divorced father.  I'll have my son this year.  We're going to my parents' place - only problem is my Vietnam vet, ptsd, conspiracy theory totin', loud as hell, former barfly Uncle will be there, too.  It's going to be a long day of him talking so everyone in the house can hear his latest rumblings.  Dude can't read a room.

10 minutes ago, Nuge said:

This is my first Thanksgiving as a divorced father.  I'll have my son this year.  We're going to my parents' place - only problem is my Vietnam vet, ptsd, conspiracy theory totin', loud as hell, former barfly Uncle will be there, too.  It's going to be a long day of him talking so everyone in the house can hear his latest rumblings.  Dude can't read a room.

Good luck.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:16 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Told it on the old site. About 4 years ago. We spent the weekend at in laws ranch west of Fredericksburg. As usual, I brought & grilled the steaks. Pleasant time until later in evening when I went to listen to old drunken FIL hold court and yell at the stars while my wife & her mom sipped wine in the house.

FIL kept downing his cheap scotch & bitching about the world. No CR, but he's been a no count leech most of his life. Lived off his dad's success and his wife's hard work despite being given every advantage.

At one point he decided to unholster his Glock, drawing it right across my path in the process of putting it on his work table . He's deaf & has arthritis so bad he can barely clutch his ever present smokes & booze. I dove hard to the side to get out of the way of his barrel.

When he saw me duck he said "what's your problem?" I yelled back "what the hell ever happened to the first rule of gun safety?"

He picked it back up, stared at it, said "it's safe" and pointed it dead at me before putting it back on his bench.

We left at dawn. I didn't tell my wife about it until a few months later. She didn't tell her mom until a year ago when they wondered why we'd been absent for so long. Turns out he's had other similar incidents. My MIL recorded him on her phone last spring drunkenly messing with his sidearm. Showed it to him the next day. He had no memory of it. Scared him straight, so much he didn't drink for 5 whole days.

Now he's back to his drinking and then some. MIL brushes it off with the rest of the family, but my wife is holding her ground. If he's drinking & his guns are available we're not going. A cocked up mess all around.

966197.jpg

2 hours ago, Nuge said:

You’re dealing with a high stress time during the holidays, dealing with your recent divorce...

License to drop serious bombs on shithead, loudmouth uncle?  Hell, the situation demands it.

In all seriousness, good luck and most of all- make the most of your time with your son!

3 hours ago, Nuge said:

Charlie don't read!!

We're going out to western Kansas to my stepdad's farm for Thanksgiving where they will somehow pack a million family members in a small ranch style home. There's no cable so Fox News cannot be prominently displayed. Instead, they will act out their own Fox News style news channel with their favorite GOP talkings points of the day bereft of any logic or creative thinking. I will be downing copious amounts of beers and probably out shooting guns to alleviate the stress.

Then, for xmas we will be going to Birmingham to be around my MiL and SiL who are both full blown alcoholics and both are batshit nuts. There's always a drunken incident or two involving the sister. Should be fun. And the mom is a narcissist with borderline personality disorder. The sister desperately needs to go to rehab as she is completely dependent on alcohol at this point and she's bipolar. CAN'T. WAIT.

Well, there's still 175 miles of country between that airport and the Western Kansas border.  And I know almost every inch of that area, and not in a good way.

My sis, lives in NYC and is a crazy psycho liberal, practices seagull management during the holidays.  Flies in, shits all over everything, then bails leaving us to deal with the mess.  She hates my stepmother with every ounce of her soul and stepmom's unwavering support of Trump has only exacerbated the feelings.

Last year, she brought her dog that shits and pisses on everything to my Dad and stepmom’s house.  Stepmom had just spent a considerable sum of money redoing large portions of the house.  At some point, my sister is out shopping or something and my stepmom locked the dog in a room to avoid having the dog shit and piss all over her house (sidenote, Stepmom has a yip dog that shits and pisses all over their house).  Sister’s dog goes apeshit being locked up and claws/scratches/bites up 2 brand new doors, completely ruining them.  Meltdown ensues by both parties where various insults are thrown and ends with my mother in law forcing my dad to give my sister a bill for about $7k to fix the doors and my sister telling my dad his wife is a cunt and he should divorce her even though they’ve been married for 30 years.  Nobody has spoken in a year but sis is coming back this year with the dog.  Can’t wait.  Thanksgiving!

7 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

My sis, lives in NYC and is a crazy psycho liberal, practices seagull management during the holidays.  Flies in, shits all over everything, then bails leaving us to deal with the mess.  She hates my stepmother with every ounce of her soul and stepmom's unwavering support of Trump has only exacerbated the feelings.

Last year, she brought her dog that shits and pisses on everything to my Dad and stepmom’s house.  Stepmom had just spent a considerable sum of money redoing large portions of the house.  At some point, my sister is out shopping or something and my stepmom locked the dog in a room to avoid having the dog shit and piss all over her house (sidenote, Stepmom has a yip dog that shits and pisses all over their house).  Sister’s dog goes apeshit being locked up and claws/scratches/bites up 2 brand new doors, completely ruining them.  Meltdown ensues by both parties where various insults are thrown and ends with my mother in law forcing my dad to give my sister a bill for about $7k to fix the doors and my sister telling my dad his wife is a cunt and he should divorce her even though they’ve been married for 30 years.  Nobody has spoken in a year but sis is coming back this year with the dog.  Can’t wait.  Thanksgiving!

Subscribed.

bartscott.gif

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Man, I cant wait for updates. This shit wont be as epic as the exorcism, but it will rank right up there. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Well, there's still 175 miles of country between that airport and the Western Kansas border.  And I know almost every inch of that area, and not in a good way.

I thought the airport was in KS. My bad. 

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Do doors really cost $3.5k per?  

It was a passive aggressive pull out of thin air number because she knew sis was never going to pay anyway.  And a fuck you cherry on top by having my dad deliver it at the airport as he was dropping her off.  I'm sweating even thinking and typing about it.