CDC's email and office phone #

TexArcher

7 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I don't know that it's over, but I'll will definitely give you that it is less likely than in the past. I think it's due to two reasons, less patient people and high expectations due to the high pay checks coaches now pull down.

I would also add it is greatly attributed to social media today which plays a huge.  Royal era didn’t have to deal with that.  

10 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

Not giving Herman a 2 year extension after a fluky Sugar Bowl win would have been a great start. 

Well that wasn't responsive to my question.   And maybe that was a mistake.   But go show me your posts where you strongly objected to it at the time.

In any event it was hardly a major mistake.  Herman was NEVER getting fired this year after the success from last season.  Period.  He was always going to get a chance to overhaul the staff and fix things.  And if he shits the bed going forward that extension won't prevent a future firing.    Football isn't a revenue neutral sport like basketball where it made sense to wait out the buyout another year and see if it can be turned around.   You get 1 shot to fix it after a disappointing year in football, buyout be damned, because revenue will plummet.   

But yeah, still waiting on you to tell me what CDC should do "RIGHT NOW" since you are firing off daily emails with all the answers.

Edited by Skipper

33 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I'm more in the line of throwing 5 mil at Joe Brady .. he's obviously has proven himself to be the real deal in his first season of CFB...plus he's too young to be having chest issues. get er done CDC!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who that is, but I'm sure he's better than Herman

4 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Too much money involved now days and that’s why it’s over. Especially when the data is starting to show if it isn’t turned around by year 3 the chances are very slim it will get turned around.

Do you happen to have a link to that data. Trying to put together an email showing that Tom's performance points to eventually failure. So far Dabo full year 3 comparison is not a good argument. Tom has better wins and worse losses but it seems to even out so far. So the WTF losses and margin of victory within the conference have to be main data points showing eventual failure.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Hit him with another email this morning. Plan in doing one a day until my account gets blocked. 

Doesn’t that just about guarantee he won’t take you seriously? The guy does an incredible job at returning calls. Call him and leave your number, he calls me back within minutes sometimes. If this is just about being annoying, it’s poor form and is counter productive to your goal. 

• Like 2

This Dabo comparison is making me insane.  That's the 1 great comparison vs 100s of other examples that go the other way. It's the exception not the rule. 
Dabo also went and made fantastic coordinator hires. Those two were known strong coordinators when Dabo brought them in, and anyone who had been paying attention would've bet on success with those additions to his staff.

Compare that to Beck and Orlando. Anyone here share that optimism when the hires were announced?

If Herman can go and get a couple of proven guys, I think he'll earn himself quite a bit of short term good will.

Right now, I'm more worried about whether he'll actually fire the problems in the room, much less who he'll replace them with. Until he does that, the Dabo comparison holds no water.

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Compare that to Beck and Orlando. Anyone here share that optimism when the hires were announced? If Herman can go and get a couple of proven guys, I think he'll earn himself quite a bit of short term good will.  Right now, I'm more worried about whether he'll actually fire the problems in the room, much less who he'll replace them with. Until he does that, the Dabo comparison holds no water.

Agree... Mehringer and Warehime better get jettisoned out!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tjhooker said:

This Dabo comparison is making me insane.  That's the 1 great comparison vs 100s of other examples that go the other way. It's the exception not the rule. 

Hey it is rumored CDC is telling folks to be patient due to the Dabo comparison. I am just trying to figure out if the argument holds up or CDC pulled it out of his ass. I am not making an argument either way. If it does not hold then maybe some numbers are in order.

Edited by DanTheHorn

4 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Do you happen to have a link to that data. Trying to put together an email showing that Tom's performance points to eventually failure. So far Dabo full year 3 comparison is not a good argument. Tom has better wins and worse losses but it seems to even out so far. So the WTF losses and margin of victory within the conference have to be main data points showing eventual failure.

This post may not go over well right now, but from what I've seen, the data you're asking for will paint Herman in a good light. Improvement in a coach's second year is typically an indicator of success. I'm not sure of any analysis that looks at improvement in year 2 followed by regression in year three. Also, Herman still has almost a quarter of his third season left (including a bowl) so it's a bit premature to really quantify it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/77720-college-football-whats-with-the-second-year-coaching-success

I suppose that this NYT article would interest you, but I don't think anybody expected a national title this year, and it's drawing the cutoff at four years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/03/sports/ncaafootball/hire-a-coach-wait-three-years-huskies-chris-petersen.html

I think you're going to have a hard time finding data that supports your view, but if you tinker enough maybe you'll find something. I also think that the worst things about Herman aren't represented in the data so this is the wrong approach to take anyways.

4 hours ago, royiv said:

Serious question. Why give Herman an extension after the Sugar Bowl win? Was there a serious concern someone would hire him away and pay him even more after two seasons at Texas?

Haven’t you heard? Rival coaches will tell recruits that he won’t be at Texas for four years unless he has a five-year contract. 

Herman is failing across the board right now - offense, defense, special teams, and game management. There's literally nothing he does well. 
You could argue recruiting. We're losing steam late this cycle thanks to the season playing out like it is, but he has brought in good classes while he's been here.

Problem is, if you can't coach them for shit, you still end up losing to 3 star guys at isu, tcu, and Baylor.

I'm concerned that Herman will be given too long to prove he's not the guy and that recruiting will fall off as a result, setting the next coach up with a hole to dig out of. At least right now, if this class closes like it should (and the portal doesn't fire up), we'll have a good roster of young talent to build around. We need to make sure we don't waste it, whether that's Herman with new coordinators or an entirely new staff. Charlie was truly awful and wouldn't have made it work regardless, but we did him no favors with our team full of roster holes thanks to carrying Mack for several years too long.
  • Like 1

I'll say this, there are some good sports in your AD.

Out of boredom and the off chance that I might give CDC (or somebody in that office) a chuckle, I sent a tongue-in-cheek email, identifying myself as an Aggie and offering what I believe is some sound advice for the program going forward.

This morning, got an email reply from somebody named Elizabeth Berens, Executive Assistant Athletic Director, which didn't look like a canned response, asking for my phone number so CDC could discuss this with me.

Kudos to her for turning the tables and giving me a laugh.

I'll pass along the substance of my conversation with Chris.

17 hours ago, royiv said:

Serious question. Why give Herman an extension after the Sugar Bowl win? Was there a serious concern someone would hire him away and pay him even more after two seasons at Texas?

It was a gigantic mistake by CDC that IMO proved he wasn’t ready to run a program like Texas. This isn’t fucking TCU.

I’m not as convinced as others (hi Skipper!) that he’s the guy. I think he’s a politician that has no clue what he’s doing when it comes to hiring/firing coaches. Time will tell. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

It was a gigantic mistake by CDC that IMO proved he wasn’t ready to run a program like Texas. This isn’t fucking TCU.

I’m not as convinced as others (hi Skipper!) that he’s the guy. I think he’s a politician that has no clue what he’s doing when it comes to hiring/firing coaches. Time will tell. I hope I’m wrong. 

CDC used that extension and Sugar Bowl emotion to obtain giant financial commitments from our BMD's. He can't get away with having a shitty fb program but what he did 8 months ago, worked well. Now the target has moved and he'll have to adjust accordingly, he will.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

The only high profile hiring/firing he ever had to do at TCU was in Men's Basketball and I'm not sure bringing in Jamie Dixon, a TCU alum that was on the ropes at Pitt, really qualifies in that regard. This really is uncharted territory for him in his career.

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

You are a fucking idiot.   Post Less.  That is all.

• Like 2

I'm pretty impressed. You just don't see bad take after bad take repeatedly on one thread, much less pretty much every thread I can remember a contribution on, like ole' Girdwood has summoned here for us to enjoy. This is Spider2YBanana, Gurry, Randolph Duke, Mount Rushmore type dipshittery transpiring right before our eyes, unabated and unaffected as it careens towards cataclysm, carrying all of us with it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

19 hours ago, royiv said:

This is where I question CDC, as well. 
Herman basically said (and yes, I’m paraphrasing here) during his introduction speech that he and his wife were elated to be in a place where they could buy a house, settle, retire, etc. 

Name the other D1 job that could pull him from Austin.  Bama? USC? tOSU?

The extension seems like a horrible idea.  If it was CDC's, I'd like to know the reasoning.

But, knowing how Texas Football operates, that is, mostly at the behest of a bunch of fatcats in Dallas and Houston, who are richer than they are knowledgeable of college football, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't CDC's idea at all.

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

He has said publicly that the reason was that we needed stability and the extension increased it.

I don't have an issue with a 1 year extension last year.  But without researching, maybe 1 year extensions aren't "market" and it would been viewed such that Herman didn't have the support of CDC (who didn't hire him?).  Just spit balling. 

But as I mentioned earlier, I don't see it as that big of a deal and I feel like some people are comparing Shaka's buyout (which handcuffed us in basketball) to be a precursor to what happens with Herman if things don't turn around next year.   And I don't think they are remotely similar.   Texas isn't losing any material revenue in basketball this season by bringing Shaka back regardless of whether the 4-0 start is a mirage.  But go 6-6/7-5 next year (with a SR quarterback) and football revenue plummets for 2021.  Herman will get his shot to fix it (and there is no reason he can't if he makes the right hires, see LSU) and if he can't, then we move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

He has said publicly that the reason was that we needed stability and the extension increased it.

Oh it has increased stability. Lets see:

1) We continue to inexplicably lose to teams with a .500 or less record

2) We continue to have close wins against  teams we should beat handily

3) We continue to have a bad defense

4) We continue to revert back to bad offense

5) We continue to see poor game planning and therefore slow starts in games

6) We continue to wonder why we did not take the points or go for it on 4th down with the same play Tom said he messed up on the last time it did not work.

7) We continue to see a team that lacks discipline

9) We continue to wish for a conference title. Eleven more years of this shit and I am going to know what it is like to be an aggy. Oh wait, the number of years without a conference title for aggy just keeps increasing. We may never catch up. So I may never know.

• Like 1