bad_teammate

spouses/family & politics

14 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I am very glad I do not have to see family during the holidays. My mother always votes Democrat. The rest of them voted MAGA in 2016. I have completely stayed away from my family outside of my mom. If any of them renounce that racist clown I'll be glad to be around them. If not they do not really exist to me.

I text one cousin only because I think he is better than being a Trumpkin. His older brother is a full-blown racist who somehow had three kids with an Hispanic woman before showing his I hate brown people side. My younger brother voted Dotard because he hated Hillary. I think he is redeemable because he now has a daughter and his perspective has changed. I guess I will see how he votes in 2020. He votes for Dotard again and we will never speak going forward and I am okay with that. 

How does your brother having a daughter change things? I’m guessing he still hates Hillary and the last 3 years he’s heard about people trying to remove the President he helped vote into office. All while there’s a good chance his standard of living has improved. I’m guessing he’s voting for Trump again. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How does your brother having a daughter change things? 

Just a guess here... but maybe it’s because having a daughter tends to make a man less likely to be a misogynistic asshole and misogynistic assholes are Trump’s base?

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Just a guess here... but maybe it’s because having a daughter tends to make a man less likely to be a misogynistic asshole and misogynistic assholes are Trump’s base?

So does he not love his wife?

And if he doesn't change, but still loves his daughter, does that mean he's still misogynistic?

Does Trump's base not have daughters? 

12 hours ago, Iceman said:

the hyperbole over the Trump presidency is little more than a polar opposite of the folks who hated Obama at every turn.  

This is a dangerous line of thinking and is not based in reality.  The difference is Obama was never a threat to democracy, the right just didn't like his policies.  The right jumped into outright conspiracy theories head first, despite the fact they were all debunked.  The dotard is ABSOLUTELY without question a threat to democracy, both in his actions, his speech, and his base.  The "conspiracy theories" he has been accused of keep being proven correct, over and over and over, not to mention his corruption is just blatantly obvious. 

Obama and Trump are not the same situation in any way, no matter how badly you want them to be.

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So does he not love his wife?

And if he doesn't change, but still loves his daughter, does that mean he's still misogynistic?

Does Trump's base not have daughters? 

Read my post again.  I said “tends to make a man less likely...”  I never said it’s not possible or even that there’s not a substantial portion of Trumpers who have daughters who nevertheless still manage to be misogynistic assholes.

14 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I am very glad I do not have to see family during the holidays. My mother always votes Democrat. The rest of them voted MAGA in 2016. I have completely stayed away from my family outside of my mom. If any of them renounce that racist clown I'll be glad to be around them. If not they do not really exist to me.

I text one cousin only because I think he is better than being a Trumpkin. His older brother is a full-blown racist who somehow had three kids with an Hispanic woman before showing his I hate brown people side. My younger brother voted Dotard because he hated Hillary. I think he is redeemable because he now has a daughter and his perspective has changed. I guess I will see how he votes in 2020. He votes for Dotard again and we will never speak going forward and I am okay with that. 

Maybe your brother votes for Trump hoping that you'll never contact him again. That's what I'd do if you were my brother. 

Edited by StruggleBus

48 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

But if he were a misogynistic asshole wouldn’t Upper Westside have already renounced all relations with the demon sibling?

My mom spent the entire 15 min car ride over to my brother's house trying to convince me that I should listen to Micheal Berry. That "I'd really enjoy his perspective and point of view."

Sigh. That asshole ate her brain. Another victim of the grift. She will again vote against all of her own self interest and say "don't like Trump; but Hillary, what can you do!"

Only one anti-gay and one pro-child abuse comment from my sister's boyfriend. So, that was pretty good behavior on his part.

Didn’t bring up any politics.

UT won.

I think I’m on to something.....

58 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

My mom spent the entire 15 min car ride over to my brother's house trying to convince me that I should listen to Micheal Berry. That "I'd really enjoy his perspective and point of view."

Sigh. That asshole ate her brain. Another victim of the grift. She will again vote against all of her own self interest and say "don't like Trump; but Hillary, what can you do!"

Is he like Lars Larson for people in the PNW?

11 hours ago, GRHorn said:

How does your brother having a daughter change things? I’m guessing he still hates Hillary and the last 3 years he’s heard about people trying to remove the President he helped vote into office. All while there’s a good chance his standard of living has improved. I’m guessing he’s voting for Trump again. 

Dotard being president was not a net gain for him monetarily. 

Dotard being president was not a net gain for him monetarily. 

Stupid people think correlation equals causation. Don’t try to correct them with logic. It just discombobulates them.

Let's break it down like this then...who were POTUS' that markedly decreased their net worth while in office and who were those than saw a market increase while in office?  Let's focus on time in office and then maybe the immediate decade or so after leaving office.  Obviously those that lives for several decades afterwards will be outliers.  As will those that that only worked a few years after leaving office or died while in office.  

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Stupid people think correlation equals causation. Don’t try to correct them with logic. It just discombobulates them.

I remember we had a brief text conversation a few months back that included him saying "Killary." Now I know where that comes from as do you. I just ignored that. I am no Hillary fan, but I just had to not push too much.

His daughter has really changed him. He lives back in the town we grew up in. I really respect his work ethic and I respect the sacrifice he made to move back home when our mother had her first bout with cancer a few years back. She was diagnosed with a different cancer last September and he is still there being good to her. I really hope his daughter changed his view of things. 

Edited by UpperWestside

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion