2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

I had seen the Black Hawk results going around social media before this, so ... is this just what got caught? Is it a coincidence that the county that had its results on social media was ALSO the county that the IDP is having to issue a correction about?

Tin foil hats don't look good on me. They clash with my eyes.

Please... for the love of god.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I had seen the Black Hawk results going around social media before this, so ... is this just what got caught? Is it a coincidence that the county that had its results on social media was ALSO the county that the IDP is having to issue a correction about?

I fucking hope so

Even their explanation of "OOPS WE ACCIDENTALLY GAVE THE NON-PETES VOTES TO STEYER AND PATRICK!" doesn't add up.

And this is just 1 county that we happened to have independent verification of via social media.

This is seriously on a razor's edge. This party might functionally die before the convention even happens.

It’s really hard to fuck up this bad. It’s not like it’s the first time Iowa had a caucus. I get the app didn’t work, but they had the numbers written down on paper, shouldn’t they just have reverted to the process they used for years where they had the results out in hours?

17 minutes ago, sachick said:

It’s really hard to fuck up this bad. It’s not like it’s the first time Iowa had a caucus. I get the app didn’t work, but they had the numbers written down on paper, shouldn’t they just have reverted to the process they used for years where they had the results out in hours?

From what I heard the day after, they used to phone in a lot of results and they also committed to showing all the counts this years instead of these SDEs at the end of it all. There was nowhere near enough backup phone lines and then they went into I guess verifying all this by hand (which they've screwed up evidently).

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's odd that these mistakes are all going against Bernie.

Bad luck, chaps!

It’s odd that a random unverified twitter account is spreading unverified information and then some hack spreads it here. It’s like a troll farms wet dream.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It’s odd that a random unverified twitter account is spreading unverified information and then some hack spreads it here. It’s like a troll farms wet dream.

Hi, this is a verified account who agrees.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alvin89 said:

The man was elected President of the United States of America and just bought a house for over $11 million dollars in Martha's Vineyard. I would love to be treated that badly.

His black ass should have bought that fucking house before he started wearing those damned tan suits and using that there spicy mustard.  

10 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This is my shocked face.

This reeks like BS. 

Show me some tweets from people manning the hotline complaining about this with timestamps that evening.  If there aren't any, I'll go ahead and call this a fabricated story.