AUS-97HORN

Whats your rank for Night Court among the other 30 min 80s comedies?

Nothing after Shelley Long left was great, IMO.  

This is a terrible take.

Hell I even saw an interview with Kelsey Grammar that said that change saved the show from the staleness and nowhere to take things that was starting to set in because of the Sam/Diane arc.

Here is someone's take from IMDB. I had mostly forgotten many of those. 

They have Night Court at 24/25.

Edited to add: I seem to remember that there was a rumor that Clinton appreciated Markie's rudeness in the Lincoln Bedroom during the 90s, ( but I don't remember whether it was Bill or Hillary).

Edited by DoobieWah

Well her hair and sass screamed Team Hillary.   But that taut stomach and sublime buttocks, that’s all team Cock 

i loved Too Close For Comfort during my early teens.

remembering now why i loved it so much...

Image result for Lydia Cornell too close for comfort

Edited by yoladu

And she had the sexiest voice too, kinda Smokey but bubbly at the same time.  I was very young when they show was on, but dad let me watch it because he liked ted knight and the blonde. 

#notthatthereisanythingwrongwithteammonroe

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

This is a terrible take.

Hell I even saw an interview with Kelsey Grammar that said that change saved the show from the staleness and nowhere to take things that was starting to set in because of the Sam/Diane arc.

#TeamRebecca

13 hours ago, woohorn said:

Why the h8 4 Alf?

American Dad is in season 16 just rippin it off...

Alf Tales > Alf. 

Get that American Dad shit outta here. That and Family Guy both suck balls and don't belong anywhere near this thread. 

Alf Tales > Alf. 
Get that American Dad shit outta here. That and Family Guy both suck balls and don't belong anywhere near this thread. 

I like family guy, but American dad is just garbage.

Dan Fielding and Markie Post.  Those were the best parts of Night Court, followed by Bull.  

Give me Barney Miller any day over Night court though.

6 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

it was my #1. 

Dan Fielding is in my top 3 favorite TV characters ever

Top 10 for me, he was the greatness.  He was always good in pretty much everything he did.

4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I like family guy, but American dad is just garbage.

C'mon, Roger is awesome.

Meredith Baxter Birney doesn’t tear the Lifetime channel a new a-hole in the 2000’s without the epic that is Family Ties.

Speaking of Markie Post. Occasionally when there's nothing else on I'll watch a little bit of a rerun of the old Buck Rogers series just to get a look at Erin Grey. I was quite the fan as a kid. Lo and behold, who should turn up as a guest star on the show tonight but Markie in distinctively different wardrobe than what she wore on Night Court. Yowza. 

pqhzxvgc0pxz.jpg

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Speaking of Markie Post. Occasionally when there's nothing else on I'll watch a little bit of a rerun of the old Buck Rogers series just to get a look at Erin Grey. I was quite the fan as a kid. Lo and behold, who should turn up as a guest star on the show tonight but Markie in distinctively different wardrobe than what she wore on Night Court. Yowza. 

pqhzxvgc0pxz.jpg

I'm guessing Buck was interested in getting to know her better 

8 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm guessing Buck was interested in getting to know her better 

You're damn right I was. 

No, it was a Post made by Biz Merkie.

They say she's just a friend, but I'd totally risk it and fuck her.  

45 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That’s markie post?

Google confirms,  along with some YouTube links that will be checked out later just to make absolutely certain 

Cheers. Night court. Cosby show. (For me)

The jokes they set up for Bull were great and I think of them all the time. Just the other day I bought a lottery ticket and thought about Bill getting 5 out of 6 numbers .... again.

Google confirms,  along with some YouTube links that will be checked out later just to make absolutely certain 

I couldn’t tell for sure by the way that costume concealed her awesome rack.

26 minutes ago, pops said:

Newhart has to be in the conversation. 

Yep.  Newhart I or Newhart II ?  

The single greatest ending to any series, comedy or otherwise was Newhart II.  

Newhart I was a 70s show so not really included in OP, Newhart II was very much 80s and I agree on the ending, it was greatness.

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Newhart I was a 70s show so not really included in OP, Newhart II was very much 80s and I agree on the ending, it was greatness.

Oh yeah 80's sitcoms.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, utee94 said:

The Bob Newhart Show was great. Newhart doesn't hold up. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

I love the early Newhart, torwards the end there was too much focus on Micheal and Stephanie, the funny wore off and it was just two superficial airheads. 

Since this thread has diverged quite a bit I'd like to submit that skinny Leah Remini was hot AF

Yeah, she was.

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

I love the early Newhart, torwards the end there was too much focus on Micheal and Stephanie, the funny wore off and it was just two superficial airheads. 

But that Finale, though. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

But that Finale, though. 

There's the Newhart finale, and then there's everything else.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Would Taxi be considered 1980’s even thought it started in the 70s?  It ran until 1983 I think.  If so, I put that second behind Cheers.  I did love me some Night Court though.

I agree on Taxi. You could say the same thing about WKRP in Cincinnati which ended in ‘82. But you could stretch it, Seinfeld started in ‘89. Cheers though, with Diane, was my favorite show in the 80’s. Then Night Court. 

My absolute favorite television show of all time as a kid. Like a lot of great shows in that area era, it over extended its run and limped to the finish line, but it’s peak was funny as hell. Just a great concept for a show that allowed for a core cast to deal with a diverse general public. And the core cast was fantastic. I particularly liked the interactions between Dan/Harry and later Dan/Roz. I’ve always kinda felt Newsradio was its late 90’s clone.  

I loved Night Court. Markie was so bangable and Laroquet was fantastic in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

Some classics cross over into the 70s (WRKP, jeffersons, threes company) or the 90s (married with children)

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I couldn’t imagine watching night court now but it was a great in the 80s.

It still comes on randomly.  I think on Encore

On March 25, 2020 at 10:28 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

It still comes on randomly.  I think on Encore

It airs daily on Laff. 

On March 24, 2020 at 8:05 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

My absolute favorite television show of all time as a kid. Like a lot of great shows in that area era, it over extended its run and limped to the finish line, but it’s peak was funny as hell. Just a great concept for a show that allowed for a core cast to deal with a diverse general public. And the core cast was fantastic. I particularly liked the interactions between Dan/Harry and later Dan/Roz. I’ve always kinda felt Newsradio was its late 90’s clone.  

Don't insult NewsRadio by comparing it to Night Court. NewsRadio was ten times the show Night Court was and still holds up today (RIP Phil).