2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

On 1/18/2021 at 11:50 PM, Beau Vine said:

Westlake and HP are miles ahead of SLC and LT academically.  Westlake and HP excel at literally everything.  

My friends that have kids in HP schools say the academics, meaning the actual quality of teachers and teaching, is way down from our era.  Still shitloads of AP classes, IB diplomas, etc.  

33 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

That's fucking gross.  But pretty much what I would expect of any predominantly white, affluent suburb.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

That's fucking gross.  But pretty much what I would expect of any predominantly white, affluent suburb.

Not excusing it but that shit happens pretty much everywhere across Texas and the US. I went to a very middle class school and that shit was said all the time. Doesn't sound like anything has changed in 30 years.

But I applaud the effort to put Southlake's shit on blast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Not excusing it but that shit happens pretty much everywhere across Texas and the US. I went to a very middle class school and that shit was said all the time. Doesn't sound like anything has changed in 30 years.

But I applaud the effort to put Southlake's shit on blast. 

Yea but SLC is a little more douchebaggery.    Whenever I see whole team of blonde head kids color their hair blonde, it’s good bet the balance of them are douchebags.   Just my experience 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tylerocks said:

Feel free to insert your own perjorative or descriptor as you see fit.

How about mother fucking disgraceful to the point of needing to be destroyed by fire

Gross is when your grandma (or grandpa) slips you the tongue when she kisses you hello or goodbye

On 1/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, LTtxfan said:

I don't have any children at that high school, but he seems like a good guy and a great coach.  Congrats to that program and to Todd! 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't have any children at that high school, but he seems like a good guy and a great coach.  Congrats to that program and to Todd! 

It was a very impressive season for Todd D.  Their upset win over North Shore was really unexpected, and a really well coached game by TD.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Ready to hand it up?  Isn't he only in his mid-50's?  I mean, he's done very well...but seems like he has more bandwidth left to go.  My high school football coaches went well into their 60's.  I dunno how it is at Westlake High School though.  

2 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

It was a very impressive season for Todd D.  Their upset win over North Shore was really unexpected, and a really well coached game by TD.  

Uh, North Shore was favored by one point. How unexpected can a win over a team favored by one point be? 

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Uh, North Shore was favored by one point. How unexpected can a win over a team favored by one point be? 

Favored by a point?  Is there really a betting line and place to wager on high school games?  I wasn't aware of that, but cool if true.

North Shore was the two time defending 6A D1 champs, and very few outside of Eanes ISD gave Westlake a shot (source: I spend a lot of time on the Texas 6A football forum, which frankly makes me dumber every time I go there, but still find it somewhat entertaining).  

I thought NS had a terrible game plan, and didn't play to their strengths.  Running Shadrach out of the backfield time after time wasn't going to work...I think with a better game plan NS wins by 14 (sorry, just my humble opinion).  I actively cheered for Westlake, and was very impressed by them.  I'm not a hater.  I live in HP, so didn't really have a dog in the hunt.

1 hour ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Favored by a point?  Is there really a betting line and place to wager on high school games?  I wasn't aware of that, but cool if true.

North Shore was the two time defending 6A D1 champs, and very few outside of Eanes ISD gave Westlake a shot (source: I spend a lot of time on the Texas 6A football forum, which frankly makes me dumber every time I go there, but still find it somewhat entertaining).  

I thought NS had a terrible game plan, and didn't play to their strengths.  Running Shadrach out of the backfield time after time wasn't going to work...I think with a better game plan NS wins by 14 (sorry, just my humble opinion).  I actively cheered for Westlake, and was very impressed by them.  I'm not a hater.  I live in HP, so didn't really have a dog in the hunt.

Max Preps had both our Chaps and North Shore in their top ten national rankings. They listed NS favored by one point the week before the game. It wasn’t too much of an upset. 

10 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Max Preps had both our Chaps and North Shore in their top ten national rankings. They listed NS favored by one point the week before the game. It wasn’t too much of an upset. 

Probably 10-15 people on this thread could put a better Texas HS betting line than Max Preps. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Probably 10-15 people on this thread could put a better Texas HS betting line than Max Preps. 

Well, how can that be true, when the usual suspects here were all picking North Shore (someone even picked North Shore by 21, lol) and Max Preps had North Shore favored by a single point? 

Not sure who the Kate is being referred to. Will this Kate do?

Surly-Kate.jpg 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Well, how can that be true, when the usual suspects here were all picking North Shore (someone even picked North Shore by 21, lol) and Max Preps had North Shore favored by a single point? 

Truth is it's really a fools errand to try and handicap a HS football game. 

My point is that some of these guys that really follow HS football,  like you,  on this board are going to be more right than someone from Max Preps.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Surly-Kate.jpg 

She's fat, and only attractive because of all the professional makeup artists and airbrushing. Angie Varona is better.

Sorry, flashbacks to the wrong thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

She's fat, and only attractive because of all the professional makeup artists and airbrushing. Angie Varona is better.

Sorry, flashbacks to the wrong thread.

Until Angie talks then it puts her firmly behind. From what I recall Kate won the poll and it wasn't even close. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:50 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

Aledo recruits...   This is what their haters say.

Doesn't mean they're wrong.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:33 PM, TreatyOak said:

Here are pics from Saturday night at the Death Star. Attendance was limited to 15,000. Last year, the 6A D1 championship attendance was announced at 47,000 and our D2 game was 34,000. 

The last pic is the end of the game, which is why the Southlake stands look more empty. It was probably my fave sporting event that I've ever attended.  

Again, anyone who says Ewers isn't great doesn't know much about football. He was running for his life for much of the second half and still managed some amazing throws. That dude is a baller. He looked like a pro out there. 

I am predicting that we won't have to face him next year. With Charles Wright gone to UT,  Austin High should return to their normal suckiness and won't make the playoffs and our Chaps will be happily relegated to 6A D2. 

Thanks. 

Chaps-3.jpg

Chaps1.jpg

X, X, 1

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:31 PM, Ravishing Rick said:

I appreciate that you cheered for Westlake, and I support North Shore, as well. I think they have a great coach, great players and they've dominated while keeping it clean. (I"m looking at you, Katy) 

However, I don't see how you can think North Shore beats Westlake by 14 with a better game plan. Westlake was a better team this year than North Shore, period. How do we know this? Westlake and North Shore played and Westlake beat them! What better metric could exist to confirm that Westlake was better in 2020?  We beat them in their city, in the state semi-final where they highly motivated, in front of mostly their fans. When you have a 2-time state champion, senior QB and a supreme talent like senior Shadrach Banks, you put the ball in their hands, and they were successful enough to score 21 points which is a really good against the best HS defense in Texas, but, dude, Westlake was a better team. 

Surly-Please.jpg

Edited by TreatyOak

57 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I appreciate that you cheered for Westlake, and I support North Shore, as well. I think they have a great coach, great players and they've dominated while keeping it clean. (I"m looking at you, Katy) 

However, I don't see how you can think North Shore beats Westlake by 14 with a better game plan. Westlake was a better team this year than North Shore, period. How do we know this? Westlake and North Shore played and Westlake beat them! What better metric could exist to confirm that Westlake was better in 2020?  We beat them in their city, in the state semi-final where they highly motivated, in front of mostly their fans. When you have a 2-time state champion, senior QB and a supreme talent like senior Shadrach Banks, you put the ball in their hands, and they were successful enough to score 21 points which is a really good against the best HS defense in Texas, but, dude, Westlake was a better team. 

Surly-Please.jpg

They were pretty evenly matched. I think Westlake happened to be the better team, but keep in mind the better team doesn’t always win. 

NS had some young talent but is losing some key players like Davis and Banks. So Westlake should roll rather easily to a 3rd title no? They have that QB & Greathouse back, not sure if they’re losing anyone of consequence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They were pretty evenly matched. I think Westlake happened to be the better team, but keep in mind the better team doesn’t always win. 

NS had some young talent but is losing some key players like Davis and Banks. So Westlake should roll rather easily to a 3rd title no? They have that QB & Greathouse back, not sure if they’re losing anyone of consequence. 

I think Westlake can potentially win a third straight title, as they will probably end up in D2 next season. Austin High lost their QB to Texas and will return to suckiness, which will push Westlake to D2. The Chaps lose some key players on the line, but there will be other good lineman who can step up. The receivers will be a position of strength, but both starting RB's are gone. I am hoping that a new RB mysteriously "shows up" in the spring. 

If Westlake goes D2, I give them a good chance of winning next year. If they end up D1, then all bets are off, as Dallas has some strong programs emerging. 

In 5a and below the teams are in I or II and are in districts and playoffs with those teams.

In 6a everyone is together for the regular season. The top 4 teams from each district make the playoff. The two biggest schools go to Div I and the two smaller schools goto Div 2.

Westlake, Lake Travis and Hays finished 123 in their district the last two years. 

Since Bowie is bigger than Westlake and made they playoffs last year, Lake Travis and Bowie went to Div i and Westlake and Hays went to Div II

This year Austin beat Bowie and made it into the playoffs so LT and Westlake went Div I and Austin and Hays went Div II

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, TreatyOak said:

Surly-Kate.jpg 

Funny ankle to heel transition, would not bang...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:21 PM, TreatyOak said:

Lines from 5 Dimes.  Yes you can actually bet on these. Buddy of mine cashed in on SLC.

And as mentioned Maxpreps is a terrible source for rankings and point spreads.

F0288FC0-197E-4A55-A737-35B5AAE35A54.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not Texas high school football but almost time for some Northern Virginia High School football--6 game season starts February 22.  Interesting that we'll be able to watch football almost all year long this year.  https://www.whsv.com/2020/10/24/vhsl-football-schedule-2021-spring-season/

Listing of high school football leagues by state:
https://playfootball.nfl.com/discover/return-to-play-high-school-football-2020-season-plans/

States with leagues to play in spring:

California
Connecticut
District of Colombia
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Massachussetts
Nevada
New Mexico
North Carolina
New York