Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Well, it's clear they don't spend their money on the academic side.

wasn't LSU in the middle of a funding crisis a few years back? as in, "we's gon' have to cancel dat foo'ball program if'n dis heah skool don't git more money from de legislatecha!"

I am glad that's no longer an issue.

2 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Air-conditioned seats? Is that a joke?

No. But to clarify I assume you’re thinking the seats themselves are blowing air? I probably phrased this poorly. Its not like a car with heated seats. 

The new seats (not the suites) do have air vents that blow air (I assume it’s air conditioned but it might be just air) at the people sitting in the seats. They all also have TVs, built in fridges or coolers for drinks. 

On 7/28/2019 at 7:02 PM, SydneyCarton said:

No. But to clarify I assume you’re thinking the seats themselves are blowing air? I probably phrased this poorly. Its not like a car with heated seats. 

The new seats (not the suites) do have air vents that blow air (I assume it’s air conditioned but it might be just air) at the people sitting in the seats. They all also have TVs, built in fridges or coolers for drinks. 

Wholly crap...for realz?  At my advanced age I may have found a way to tolerate the heat and see another game.. please little 8lb 6 oz baby Jesus.

25 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Wholly crap...for realz?  At my advanced age I may have found a way to tolerate the heat and see another game.. please little 8lb 6 oz baby Jesus.

The 4 seat suites are sold out. You can jump all over an 8 seat set-up. They're still available. It's just $300k for the capital expense/PSL, which is fully tax deductible, and then roughly $40,000/year for the 8 sets of season tickets, starting in 2021 for the season tix while the capital payment starts now but can be paid in easy installments over the next 7 years. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The 4 seat suites are sold out. You can jump all over an 8 seat set-up. They're still available. It's just $300k for the capital expense/PSL, which is fully tax deductible, and then roughly $40,000/year for the 8 sets of season tickets, starting in 2021 for the season tix while the capital payment starts now but can be paid in easy installments over the next 7 years. Enjoy!

Well, this old boy will have to continue to watch his big screen in the comfort of his (air conditioned) home.  Thanks for the heads up though.

We’ve recently made some additions to the Austin skyline — two tower cranes located at the University of Texas! The UT Austin Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium South End Zone Addition project team is working hard to improve the Longhorn football experience! #HookEm

10:01 AM · Aug 1, 2019

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

I’m sure this has been covered, but what’s the plan for the s end zone seats this season? Leave it as an empty construction area or put up temporary seating?

what you're really asking is if we finally get to watch a football game without the tv panning to the idiot hellraisers?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

I’m sure this has been covered, but what’s the plan for the s end zone seats this season? Leave it as an empty construction area or put up temporary seating?

^^^ the SEZ MONCRIEF/NEUHAUS shall indeed be a LIVE CONSTRUCTION ZONE throughout this football season.  please remember, the SEZ construction/expansion shall be required to OPEN on or around 2021.  therefore, LIVE CONSTRUCTION must persist throughout.  NO TEMPORARY SEATING within the LIVE CONSTRUCTION ZONE whatsoever!  HOOK'EM! 

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)