Things not going well for USPS

Celery Man

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

I'm going to guess the FEC does not have enough manpower and is also probably lacking commissioners so the things that it can do are probably highly constrained right now.

If they do only one thing it should be to punish Donald Trump for the campaign finance violations he committed when he bought the silence of Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. You know, the same crime that sent Michael Cohen to jail. We know he did it. The court knows he did it. The court acknowledged he did it. We’ve seen the checks he wrote to reimburse Cohen. He even won the lawsuit he filed against Stormy Daniels for violating the NDA she signed to keep their affair secret.

I don’t understand why he’s getting away with that. It’s inexcusable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/27/2021 at 3:15 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

If they do only one thing it should be to punish Donald Trump for the campaign finance violations he committed when he bought the silence of Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. You know, the same crime that sent Michael Cohen to jail. We know he did it. The court knows he did it. The court acknowledged he did it. We’ve seen the checks he wrote to reimburse Cohen. He even won the lawsuit he filed against Stormy Daniels for violating the NDA she signed to keep their affair secret.

I don’t understand why he’s getting away with that. It’s inexcusable. 

We should probably be clear that Michael Cohen was charged with quite a bit more than campaign finance violations, including the "headshot," bank/mortgage fraud. 

Although it is true that he pled guilty to all of the offenses charged, I'm pretty sure the campaign finance violation was pretty low on the priority list of avoiding trial and conviction. 

Kinda like using marked cards in the list of Tuco Ramirez' offenses. 

Saw this the other day:

First-class Forever stamps will cost 73 cents under Postal Service's proposed rate hike. The U.S. Postal Service wants a 5-cent hike in the price of first-class Forever stamps to 73 cents in July, the sixth time the department has sought a service rate increase since March 2021. Forever stamps cost 68 cents

4 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Saw this the other day:

Maybe we should get rid of Luis De Joy and the rididulous law Republicans impleneted that required all employee pensions to be PRE FUNDED, so that private companies could complete with the USPS easier, and things would go back to normal, more reasonable rates and coverage. 

• Hook 'Em 9

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Maybe we should get rid of Luis De Joy and the rididulous law Republicans impleneted that required all employee pensions to be PRE FUNDED, so that private companies could complete with the USPS easier, and things would go back to normal, more reasonable rates and coverage. 

No disagreements there! I was just commenting as it was newsy and topical-- plus it makes sense to me, I can't imagine most folks are using the USPS and the price increase helps with the volume that has fallen off the cliff.

2 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

No disagreements there! I was just commenting as it was newsy and topical-- plus it makes sense to me, I can't imagine most folks are using the USPS and the price increase helps with the volume that has fallen off the cliff.

It's almost like it's all been done by  design. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks, Dubya. 

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

See below

1 minute ago, safe sex said:

Imagine thinking that most people don't use USPS

USPS delivered 116 billion pieces of mail in 2023. UPS delivered 5.7 billion packages in 2023. Fedex did about 3 billion.  Even if you're just limiting yourself to packages, USPS still delivered 7.2 billion in 2022. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

See below

USPS delivered 116 billion pieces of mail in 2023. UPS delivered 5.7 billion packages in 2023. Fedex did about 3 billion.  Even if you're just limiting yourself to packages, USPS still delivered 7.2 billion in 2022. 

Oh weird. I can't remember the last time I used USPS, but cool and good that people are utilizing the program (assuming it's not just a majority of businesses).

The last time I actually went to a post office to mail something was probably 20 years ago. Waited in line for almost 20 minutes. As soon as I got to front of line and opened my mouth to say hello she picked up her name plate and turned without saying a word and proceeded to sit down and eat a Patillo’s  chopped beef sandwich in plain view 😡😡😡 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The last time I actually went to a post office to mail something was probably 20 years ago. Waited in line for almost 20 minutes. As soon as I got to front of line and opened my mouth to say hello she picked up her name plate and turned without saying a word and proceeded to sit down and eat a Patillo’s  chopped beef sandwich in plain view 😡😡😡 

6e007e9c-4f65-4986-b3f6-0a9412b7e0a7_tex

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Oh weird. I can't remember the last time I used USPS, but cool and good that people are utilizing the program (assuming it's not just a majority of businesses).

USPS is one of the most efficient organizations ever to exist. The continued war against it by the GOP is ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, safe sex said:

Imagine thinking that most people don't use USPS

I sure do! I take our clerks baked goods so they can deal with all the haters knowing that at least one person in the neighborhood likes what they do. Congress has really dropped the ball on what the USPS could've done for our country if allowed to modernize and provide cross agency services. They visit every single place in the US six days a week.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Also cool: people with opinions based on their limited experience versus statistics. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BeardIP said:

"Oh weird, I can't remember a time when I struggled to buy groceries for my family. Therefore no one else must struggle to buy groceries. I guess poverty and a living wage is total made up bullshit."

You're certainly the Mikhaile Jordon of being a son of a bitch. It's just effortless. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Oh weird, I can't remember a time when I struggled to buy groceries for my family. Therefore no one else must struggle to buy groceries. I guess poverty and a living wage is total made up bullshit."

You're certainly the Mikhaile Jordon of being a son of a bitch. It's just effortless. 

Even though I'm a middle class luddite who isn't very technically savvy, everything I would ever need the Post Office for I do online. I'm paperless bills, bill pay, mortgage, registration renewals, etc. etc. 99% of my mailbox is junk mail.

Sorry to assume this is the case for most people (especially my betters in their means and tech skills) and assuming that the only folks using USPS must be doing so as part of their distribution in a small business or something.

I don't care one way or another if the price of a stamp goes to .73. Let it go to $1.73 for all I care, I'm all for the USPS needing to do what it takes to bridge the gap (if one exists) to help their operational budget, especially if there are people who use it regularly.

Lastly, I can't tell if I'm just such a boomer and so bad at being chronically online and so I am missing the joke/meme or if you are so bad at typing that you butchered the spelling of Michael Jordan, twice, so I'll just assume you dunked on me and again apologize for being tone deaf.

5 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Even though I'm a middle class luddite who isn't very technically savvy, everything I would ever need the Post Office for I do online. I'm paperless bills, bill pay, mortgage, registration renewals, etc. etc. 99% of my mailbox is junk mail.

Sorry to assume this is the case for most people (especially my betters in their means and tech skills) and assuming that the only folks using USPS must be doing so as part of their distribution in a small business or something.

I don't care one way or another if the price of a stamp goes to .73. Let it go to $1.73 for all I care, I'm all for the USPS needing to do what it takes to bridge the gap (if one exists) to help their operational budget, especially if there are people who use it regularly.

Lastly, I can't tell if I'm just such a boomer and so bad at being chronically online and so I am missing the joke/meme or if you are so bad at typing that you butchered the spelling of Michael Jordan, twice, so I'll just assume you dunked on me and again apologize for being tone deaf.

Yeah, I'm not super familiar with how to spell Russian names, and I didn't google Mikhail, I suppose I should have. That's on me. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I'm not super familiar with how to spell Russian names, and I didn't google Mikhail, I suppose I should have. That's on me. 

Oh okay, it was a Russia joke, got it. Consider me sufficiently roasted and embarrassed by your rapier's wit now, and the matter concluded.

I went into the two different Post Office facilities in Huntsville the other day to check on renewing my passport.  I could not believe how poorly kept the buildings and grounds were.    Understaffed, underfunded now, these places used to be showpieces for the US government.  Now they just look shabby and worn.  Which then in turn reduces the citizen's confidence that their mail will in fact go through.

I know it hurt in Houston during the primaries when it came to getting applications for and then ballots by mail.    I imagine it was all over the state to some extent.    

All because of DeJoy and his bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2