Jump to content
LTtxfan

NFL 2020 Season Catch All Thread

Recommended Posts

Probably not the best look coming off a season where you barely made 70%. 

Quote

New York Giants kicker Aldrick Rosas was arrested and jailed for misdemeanor hit-and-run and driving on a suspended license, according to a California Highway Patrol incident report.

Alcohol impairment is believed to be a factor in the crash.

Rosas was driving a black Chevrolet SUV at around 8:25 a.m. local time Tuesday morning when a T-bone collision occurred. Witnesses saw Rosas driving erratically over the double yellow lines and at a speed estimated to be 100 mph when he ran a red light and collided with a Ford pickup truck.

Rosas, 25, attempted to drive away from the scene of the crash before his vehicle became disabled. He exited and fled the scene on foot without shoes, according to the police report.

Officers went to Rosas' home after the scene was cleared. The 2018 Pro Bowl kicker was not there, but was later stopped walking on the side of a road with his hands, legs, and bare feet covered in blood.

Rosas was treated for minor injuries at Enloe Medical Center and later booked into Butte County Jail.

"We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Aldrick," the Giants said in a statement. "We have no further comment at this time."

Rosas is coming off a down season where he made just 12 of 17 field goal attempts (70.6%). He was re-signed as a restricted free agent for $3.3 million this offseason after the Giants used a second-round tender on him.

Rosas made 32 of 33 field goals (96.9%) the previous season and was named to the Pro Bowl. The former undrafted Southern Oregon kicker worked his way onto the Giants active roster in 2017.

This is the second Giants player arrested this offseason. Cornerback DeAndre Baker currently faces eight counts of armed robbery and aggravated assault with a firearm from an incident in Florida last month.

Fucked up at 8:25 in the morning too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is rather random. 

Quote

Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert was taken to the hospital after being sucker punched at a South Dakota restaurant Friday night, a league source confirmed.

He has since returned home and is "fine," a source said.

NJ.com first reported the incident.

Goedert, 25, is entering his third season in the NFL. He finished second on the team in receptions (58), receiving yards (607) and receiving touchdowns (5) last season, behind fellow tight end Zach Ertz.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

 

As a Pats fan, this is a fantastic deal.  I really never liked Newton all that much and he is probably shot but if there is a 10% chance he can still be a solid QB and they are paying him a 1 year minimum salary deal there is no downside.  There is like a 10% chance he will be good but if he ends up in the 90% chance he is done as a player it didn’t cost much salary cap wise and they will just cut him in training camp ala Chad Johnson and just like every other big name veteran they bring in every year.  That being said there may not even be a NFL season so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Rona is finally good for something. 

Quote

The NFL has shortened its 2020 preseason to two games, a source said, part of a larger acclimatization plan for players after an unprecedented virtual offseason program during the coronavirus pandemic.

In essence, the league canceled Weeks 1 and 4 of its original preseason schedule. It had previously canceled its Aug. 8 Hall of Fame game. Most players will still report to training camp on July 28, but the first preseason games won't be played until Aug. 20-24. The second week of preseason games is scheduled for Aug. 27-31. Some re-shuffling of the original preseason schedule for Weeks 2 and 3 are underway, as each team will play one home game and one on the road.

Teams that travel will depart on the day before games. The primary driver for restructuring the preseason was a consensus between the NFL and the NFL Players Association that players will need more time than normal to get in football shape this summer.

No teams were able to practice on the field during the offseason, and many gyms and other conditioning settings have been closed. The NFL's standard preseason has been four games since it was shortened from six games in 1978. It is expected to be cut further when owners activate a provision in the collective bargaining agreement to extend the regular season to 17 games, which they can do as early as 2021.

When that happens, the preseason would shrink to no more than three games for each team. Of more immediate concern, however, is the health of players during training camp in 2020.

The NFL and the NFLPA continue to discuss protocols for reopening of team facilities, testing programs and other matters related to playing amid a pandemic. Sources close to the discussions say there is no hard deadline for a finalizing of protocols, but that if training camps are to start on time (July 28 for all but two teams), there's a sense on both sides that an agreement needs to be reached by the end of next week.

One reason for this is that there's a chance the league will ask players and team personnel to quarantine at home for two weeks before leaving for camp. This doesn't even account for newly imposed rules in states like New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts that ask people coming from states where coronavirus cases are spiking to quarantine for two weeks upon arrival.

The NFL/NFLPA committee will soon issue a set of guidelines that spells out an acclimatization schedule for the 23 days of training camp before the first preseason game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...