Jump to content
Beau Vine

There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, blacklab said:

you were arguing about shit on a thread that was off topic and I just warned the thread to stay on topic.

That post I quoted was argumentative? That's the post that came up when I clicked to see which one I was banned for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 5:04 PM, UT_OB1 said:

So...only post in CR then and don’t post in DT if you can’t leave politics out of it?  My solution would make that a programming issue as opposed to a decision. 

Or use your ignore feature if certain posters trigger you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 6:25 PM, bad_teammate said:

I don't care about posters flipping their shit and going on neg rampages or whatever. I'm just wondering about the very obvious disparity in rule enforcement.

There's a shitload more posters on both sides that get temp bans/probations/whatever for getting political in DT than you realize.

The post listing those users just hasn't been updated since April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, TXSG8R said:

There's a difference between "choices by this admin/governor/president caused x, y, z" and "fuck that fat orange fuck"  Totally understand the latter being verboten, but the former is a discussion point.  The problem in DT right now is if the comment is about someone right of center people flip their shit.  Left of center?  Its not political somehow.  

It's very reasonable and logical to say "people shouldn't describe Trump in DT as that fat orange fuck that TexAgs worships".  That's going to automatically piss off a chunk of the board and put them on the defensive, just like the people calling the lefty mayors "fascists".  That's obvious trolling, and should get a probation/temp ban/whatever. 

But in the Minneapolis/protest thread(s), you also can't say "Trump got on twitter to complain that NASCAR banned Confederate flags, and his spokeswoman said this morning that he doesn't have an opinion one way or the other on the Confederate flag", even though that kind of stuff is feeding directly into the current events we are experiencing.  Many feel that belongs in CR, even if it's not an opinion and is directly affecting a current event.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's a shitload more posters on both sides that get temp bans/probations/whatever for getting political in DT than you realize.

The post listing those users just hasn't been updated since April.

could just leave a mod note in the offending post.  then we'd all see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elfenix said:

could just leave a mod note in the offending post.  then we'd all see it.

Not when there's half-a-dozen pages a day (or more) for some of those threads.

I think they should just change avatars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gail the snail said:

What's the rule around here about calling people retards? Can we still do that, or, no? Asking for a friend.

The preferred nomenclature is regard.  As in, that actively trolling poster gail the snail must be regarded.  Or, gail the snail is a total regard.  Personally, I prefer the twist.  Allows the regarded one to feel special, since they are a little special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gail the snail said:

Gotcha. What about Mongoloid?

I think we're just supposed to call them "Trumpers" now, according to the AMA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First. Mostly want to apologize for my rants here and at the DT. I have a small circle of people I call close.  Not friends. That’s a smaller circle. I have my aunt dying from early onset dementia (by dying I mean her brain is gone. She was a microbiologist. She left her house a few days ago with two different shoes on, a pair of pants, nightgown over those and a few shirts and her underwear on her head. Stopped by a patrol guy who saw she needed help. My uncle has cancer and it has spread so he is going to MD Anderson. Two people related to me have Covid. My credit is in the crapper, job prospects even though I have a JD aren’t great, this is my small rant. I come here to laugh not to fight. I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

First. Mostly want to apologize for my rants here and at the DT. I have a small circle of people I call close.  Not friends. That’s a smaller circle. I have my aunt dying from early onset dementia (by dying I mean her brain is gone. She was a microbiologist. She left her house a few days ago with two different shoes on, a pair of pants, nightgown over those and a few shirts and her underwear on her head. Stopped by a patrol guy who saw she needed help. My uncle has cancer and it has spread so he is going to MD Anderson. Two people related to me have Covid. My credit is in the crapper, job prospects even though I have a JD aren’t great, this is my small rant. I come here to laugh not to fight. I guess. 

I feel asleep on my last break, and my boss came in 30 minutes after break and told me to go home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...