Jump to content
Ghost of LL

Time to Peace Out (Relocate Overseas)?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--the more I think about it, the more I think the City is a real option.  Get an apartment and do the quarantine thing for a couple weeks.  And then hopefully a lot of things are somewhat open.  I saw that MoMA is reopening in August.  It'd be nice if the library and the Museum of Natural History were open.

The problem is that as soon as you reopen, you're going to get flooded with a bunch of tourists who aren't going to quarantine for 2-3 weeks and who are going to run around spewing their tourist germs.

Well, overseas tourists cannot get in, for the most part.  And other states all have to quarantine.

The Met is supposed to open end of August.  

There should be plenty of short term rentals.  Also, school is going to be mostly remote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Damn. That is one of my favorite cities. If I lived there the Grasovka Bison Grass would kill me though.

Great town, did some work at the Chekowicz refinery (built by Rockefeller)and then hung in Krakow for a bit. Another place where divorce is likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, slorch said:

Intercontinental flight from Terlingua?

Do you even Lajitas International Airport, brah?

29122.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Has anyone ever seen Tom cruise and LL in the same room ????

Yes and it was horrible.  For some reason they were both naked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yes and it was horrible.  For some reason they were both naked.

So you saw LL and Tom Cruise in the closet making babies and one of the babies looked at you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

What were you doing in their closet?

Getting his clothes.  Why do you go into the closet?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So you saw LL and Tom Cruise in the closet making babies and one of the babies looked at you? 

It was sticking out of TC's stomach like some weird tumor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

What were you doing in their closet?

I wasn't, I was washing windows with Case McCoy.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Getting his clothes.  Why do you go into the closet?   

To get my clothes.  
 

don’t be ridiculous.  His clothes would never fit you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--I think that's a fair suggestion.

I'm also thinking about the New York option, as they seem to have the thing much better in hand.

Yeah, all the olds are dead, so not much to worry about in the nursing homes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobo said:

the old story about the man In the flood who gets a radio warning, a rescue boat, and a helicopter but thinks that his god will save him.

Worst. Hemingway. Book. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yeah, but what my screenplay presupposes is what if we shot the whole novel from the perspective of the Whale?  Lot of people said it couldn't be done.  Lot of people are saying it's the best approach to national leadership in the time of re-election.  Still others have no idea what the fuck we're talking about.  Mamet.  Bitches.  Read Him.  Grow as a person during Covid-19 instead of shrinking intellectually.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

It was sticking out of TC's stomach like some weird tumor.

It's not a tuma!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well yeah, but what my screenplay presupposes is what if we shot the whole novel from the perspective of the Whale?  Lot of people said it couldn't be done.  Lot of people are saying it's the best approach to national leadership in the time of re-election.  Still others have no idea what the fuck we're talking about.  Mamet.  Bitches.  Read Him.  Grow as a person during Covid-19 instead of shrinking intellectually.  

The fuck do you know. Clearly not that coffee is for closers. Friendship is friendship and a wonderful thing and I'm all for it. I never said different, and you know me on this thing, but let's just keep it separate. Let's keep the two apart and we can deal with each other like some human beings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, overseas tourists cannot get in, for the most part.  And other states all have to quarantine.

The Met is supposed to open end of August.  

There should be plenty of short term rentals.  Also, school is going to be mostly remote.

People from states listed in the travel advisory are required to self quarantine, but it is nearly impossible to enforce.  It won't be followed by hardly anyone except considerate people who were unlikely to have it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Isn't RayDog looking for a wing man.

He needs a priest if he's gonna stay in the same age range of targets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, slorch said:

He needs a priest if he's gonna stay in the same age range of targets...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

They lived in an interior city called Boquete that was at 3,200 ft some not nearly as humid.  But like an hour from the coast, so they traveled there frequently.

great town. investigated it actually. only real drawback I found was the wind. like lots of wind. place is eternal spring and beautiful but man if you has allergies no bueno.

panama city is awesome. but yes its humid AF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, XYZ said:

Switzerland

If I could get Swiss citizenship I sure as fuck would do so. As an end of the world, book a one way ticket and hold on thing if nothing else. However, the skiing is awesome, the scenery amazing and the chicks are wild. In a quiet hidden gold kinda way.

I see Boquette came up. Fucking love that place, a lot. Ruiz coffee might just have the best bean anywhere on the planet. Not easy to get to, bit of a hike from David. Though I'd consider a place there at least part time. Bocus Del Toro has a flight from PC. Were I buying on an island I'd consider that place. 

Edit - As to the humidity, when something makes Orlando ShitHole Florida see not so bad.. well.. it's turrible. I do like PC though.  Not to live but enjoyed my visits.

Edited by BurntEyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in the SA area of Texas and the wife is set on Lake Tahoe for future residential purposes. She’s only been there twice, during the summer months, coming from Texas. In the military, I circled the globe many times in the late 80s-early 90s!

I’ve mentioned South America many times, but I digress. Not “sweating” during JULY does offer something.

If we have to move to Tahoe, it’ll be the Nevada side, because I love my guns too much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I live in the SA area of Texas and the wife is set on Lake Tahoe for future residential purposes. She’s only been there twice, during the summer months, coming from Texas. In the military, I circled the globe many times in the late 80s-early 90s!

I’ve mentioned South America many times, but I digress. Not “sweating” during JULY does offer something.

If we have to move to Tahoe, it’ll be the Nevada side, because I love my guns too much!

State income tax as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If I could get Swiss citizenship I sure as fuck would do so. As an end of the world, book a one way ticket and hold on thing if nothing else. However, the skiing is awesome, the scenery amazing and the chicks are wild. In a quiet hidden gold kinda way.

I see Boquette came up. Fucking love that place, a lot. Ruiz coffee might just have the best bean anywhere on the planet. Not easy to get to, bit of a hike from David. Though I'd consider a place there at least part time. Bocus Del Toro has a flight from PC. Were I buying on an island I'd consider that place. 

Edit - As to the humidity, when something makes Orlando ShitHole Florida see not so bad.. well.. it's turrible. I do like PC though.  Not to live but enjoyed my visits.

You can't even apply for Swiss citizenship until you have lived there for 12 years. He will die of old age by then.

CHIEF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If I could get Swiss citizenship I sure as fuck would do so. As an end of the world, book a one way ticket and hold on thing if nothing else. However, the skiing is awesome, the scenery amazing and the chicks are wild. In a quiet hidden gold kinda way.

I see Boquette came up. Fucking love that place, a lot. Ruiz coffee might just have the best bean anywhere on the planet. Not easy to get to, bit of a hike from David. Though I'd consider a place there at least part time. Bocus Del Toro has a flight from PC. Were I buying on an island I'd consider that place. 

Edit - As to the humidity, when something makes Orlando ShitHole Florida see not so bad.. well.. it's turrible. I do like PC though.  Not to live but enjoyed my visits.

Barry_Switzer.jpg

barry agrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CHIEF said:

You can't even apply for Swiss citizenship until you have lived there for 12 years. He will die of old age by then.

CHIEF

Oh I'm aware. It's difficult to get Swiss citizenship if you're married to a Swiss National. Not sure there is a more difficult country to "migrate" to in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Oh I'm aware. It's difficult to get Swiss citizenship if you're married to a Swiss National. Not sure there is a more difficult country to "migrate" to in the world.

Switzerland is easier to get to than New Zealand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Switzerland is easier to get to than New Zealand.

hellova swim either way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when are the bags packed and where are you moving?  There seems like a lot of dithering here. My wife and I decided to

go all in within 5 minutes of me bringing up the idea, and by that afternoon we were looking at things and had purchased something completely Different than what we originally thought we were going to within 72 hours. This is clearly how reasonable adults responsible for a family of 5 operate- what’s the status of where you are at with this thing? 
If you don’t get moving quickly Covid is going to be done by the time you are ready to get out of the starting gate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

People from states listed in the travel advisory are required to self quarantine, but it is nearly impossible to enforce.  It won't be followed by hardly anyone except considerate people who were unlikely to have it anyway.

Where are people going to stay?  Hotels still are not really opened.  And I would think that if someone from Texas checks into a hotel, that is an easy way to quarantine them.  People just need to stay the fuck away from NYC at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, when are the bags packed and where are you moving?  There seems like a lot of dithering here. My wife and I decided to

go all in within 5 minutes of me bringing up the idea, and by that afternoon we were looking at things and had purchased something completely Different than what we originally thought we were going to within 72 hours. This is clearly how reasonable adults responsible for a family of 5 operate- what’s the status of where you are at with this thing? 
If you don’t get moving quickly Covid is going to be done by the time you are ready to get out of the starting gate. 

Narrator: He won't.

 

Respect to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Narrator: He won't.

 

Respect to you.

That’s my suspicion. Which is cool and all, most people, even if able, EO t throw down at a moments notice and do something strange/scary/outside their comfort zone etc. But if you ain’t going to do it don’t start a thread about it. That shit is serious bidness on the internets man, serious bidness.  
Seriously hope he does. I enjoy living vicariously through others online here (or anywhere) when they make a decision to throw down and try to optimize. 
Mira like sitting at the black jack table and watching someone push all their chips in on a hand. That immediately has me all fired up, nervous and excited for the person all rolled into one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Oh I'm aware. It's difficult to get Swiss citizenship if you're married to a Swiss National. Not sure there is a more difficult country to "migrate" to in the world.

Up until 1992, a Swiss woman would lose her citizenship if she married a foreign national.

CHIEF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Up until 1992, a Swiss woman would lose her citizenship if she married a foreign national.

CHIEF

Keep switzerland white and Christian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If I could get Swiss citizenship I sure as fuck would do so. As an end of the world, book a one way ticket and hold on thing if nothing else. However, the skiing is awesome, the scenery amazing and the chicks are wild. In a quiet hidden gold kinda way.

I see Boquette came up. Fucking love that place, a lot. Ruiz coffee might just have the best bean anywhere on the planet. Not easy to get to, bit of a hike from David. Though I'd consider a place there at least part time. Bocus Del Toro has a flight from PC. Were I buying on an island I'd consider that place. 

Edit - As to the humidity, when something makes Orlando ShitHole Florida see not so bad.. well.. it's turrible. I do like PC though.  Not to live but enjoyed my visits.

Sister in Law lives in Geneva.  Switzerland is pretty badass.  Starts to feel small but quick flight to some other amazing places.  

Oh and it’s expensive af.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where are people going to stay?  Hotels still are not really opened.  And I would think that if someone from Texas checks into a hotel, that is an easy way to quarantine them.  People just need to stay the fuck away from NYC at this point.
If there is one thing Texans don't do, it is stay in Texas in the summer. They're coming so you better get ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--I think that's a fair suggestion.

I'm also thinking about the New York option, as they seem to have the thing much better in hand.

Here’s the thing, unlike some conspiracy theorists here, I do believe much of the developed world has things in hand - right now.  

This shit can change very fast.  So you root up your your family and end up in an even more aggressive quarantine in some foreign land.  Sounds like hell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that is my reluctance about going to Costa Rica.  They’re handling the pandemic much better than we are, who isn’t?   But one flare up down there and we are stuck in a national lockdown with little recourse and it could take months to get back home.  It’s much easier to get home from Canada but they don’t really want us right now.  
 

Part of the reason we are still strongly considering it is because something else really ugly is going to happen in this country between November and February and we don’t want to be here when it happens.  

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Isn't RayDog looking for a wing man.

 

19 hours ago, slorch said:

He needs a priest if he's gonna stay in the same age range of targets...

He should dial 1-800-RAY-PUGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Part of the reason we are still strongly considering it is because something else really ugly is going to happen in this country between November and February and we don’t want to be here when it happens.  


What’s going to happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hate said:

 


What’s going to happen?

 

riots in all major cities

 

the question:  will anyone notice the damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...