RDCanecutter

Share Your Favorite Foreign Cuss Words and Phrases

Quite a few Germans throughout Latin America (Guatemala of all places has relatively large population of German descendente). However, Brazil still has more people of Italian and German descent than any country in Latin America, including Argentina.

My family was mostly Portuguese descent by way of France before Portugal then Brazil. My wife though is half Italian and her small town in São Paulo is mostly Italian descent. All her friends growing up had Italian surnames. Her aunt lived lived with them growing up. She was one of the older siblings and my mother in law was the youngest. I would go every weekend to eat lunch and hang out with the family and her aunt would walk through the living room, stop and look at what we were watching on tv. 90% of the time she didn’t like what we were watching and would cuss under her breath in Italian. Things like vaffanculo, puttana, impiastro, etc.