Donald Trump will never be a 2 term president

Zonahorn

Let's start the odds-making...

A) Trump runs again in 2024

B) Trump can't run again in 2024 because he can't leave the State of Florida to campaign

C) Trump can't run again in 2024 because he's dead 

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

It will be nice to have someone who's not a complete dumb-ass in the Oval Office.

Trump isn't stupid, he's insane.  Criminally insane.  And the fact that almost half the country voted for him means that a different crackpot dictator wannabe can slide right in and take his base.

My bet is one of his kids runs.

This fucker is a stain that we'll never wash off.  Pretty much broke the country over identity politics, culture war, and racism just to line his pockets.  I will jump fences if necessary to piss on his grave.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lobo said:

B) Trump can't run again in 2024 because he can't leave the State of Florida to campaign

D) Can't secure financing for a 2024 campaign

12 minutes ago, Yuk said:

This fucker is a stain that we'll never wash off.  Pretty much broke the country over identity politics, culture war, and racism just to line his pockets.  I will jump fences if necessary to piss on his grave.

Get in line...

Waiting In Line GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, WBT said:

D) Can't secure financing for a 2024 campaign

Yeah, good point.  I'm guessing that between now and Thanksgiving, a "Bring Back Trump:  2024" Super PAC will be announced by the family.  Meant to get back the House for Trump in 2022, and then to fund his campaign for President in 2024.  Its announced target will be $500mm between now and Iowa/New Hampshire of the Winter of 2024.  When that day comes, the Super PAC will announce it is insolvent having had to cover various marketing and travel expenses related to its ground game.  In unrelated news, Trump will announce he is unable to run in 2024 for personal reasons while he accesses a Bahamian bank that happens to have roughly $473mm in it.  

I know at least a dozen Surly posters who are smart guys, who would still donate to such a PAC.  It's just a question of when they launch it and what they call it.  

Meanwhile, Ag has the "Time to groom our 2024 candidate" going.

Top picks thus far are:

Ivanka

Josh Hawley

Tom Cotton

Ron DeSantis (combined with Jim Jordan--ugh don't even wanna think about that one)

and Dan Crenshaw

Apparently they can't get excited about Mike Pence and have begun to cool on Nikki Haley (female and not a Trump)

Hawley is the potential candidate that I would select as the most dangerous as he lies with impunity and is smart enough to know how to do it well. Not a nice guy.

25 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Meanwhile, Ag has the "Time to groom our 2024 candidate" going.

Top picks thus far are:

Ivanka

Josh Hawley

Tom Cotton

Ron DeSantis (combined with Jim Jordan--ugh don't even wanna think about that one)

and Dan Crenshaw

Apparently they can't get excited about Mike Pence and have begun to cool on Nikki Haley (female and not a Trump)

Hawley is the potential candidate that I would select as the most dangerous as he lies with impunity and is smart enough to know how to do it well. Not a nice guy.

Cotton is an overt fascist.  So... no--Hawley is not the most dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Hard to run rallies from Rikers

I dunno, I think he can carry Cell Blocks A & C.  Problem with B is it's all Puerto Ricans and Mulisms.  Still when the votes finally come in from Solitary Confinement, I think Trump has a real shot at being King of the Yard.  

9 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Cotton is an overt fascist.  So... no--Hawley is not the most dangerous.

He is. No argument there, but wouldn't you say that there will be a cross back contingent (the people who voted R down ballot, etc) that would respond more favorably to subtle fascism over overt? Core authoritarian lovers would stay loyal regardless. Either way, they bear watching.

His cult is the worst. But those backing this cunt cuz he's got an R by his name need to be examined. WTF? And it is mostly white people. This lady has a good idea. If anyone tries to lead this group, maybe we understand their fucked fears in order to break Trumpism up. It is still very much alive and whether Dotard is done as the head of the party doesn't kill it. 

Trump needs to raise  $400 million and change in the next few years to pay some debts that he REALLY needs to actually pay. I'd be willing to help him out; I'd give him $1000 for the chance to punch him in the face (with a legally binding agreement that he won't sue me later, of course). All he needs is 399,999 more people like me. Should be easy to find.

Edited by Bat Guano

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Ankle bracelet will probably limit him to suite 301 of MAL

Going to be interesting.

He has a multitude of legal and financial issues bearing down that could destroy him.  Not sure how he skates by with an immediate $400 million or so debt (along with the rest of it coming after that).  He could sell off properties, or just give them back to the banks...but that is something a loser would do (in his mind).

He could start fundraising on January 20th at noon for the Trump '24 campaign, but that isn't going to pull in enough to grift from and keep the empire afloat.

He could be kingmaker for the next hero of the GOP in 4 years, but we all know he won't do that.  If it can't be him, then he has no use for the GOP (and that goes for his kids---if he's going to bat for them, he might as well do it himself).

The GOP is going to want to start to put some daylight between themselves and him, but they really can't out of fear of his followers.  The GOP co-opted the Tea Party folks easily enough, but not sure how they can assimilate a Trump coalition without Trump's blessing.  And in a month or two, Trump will finally point out that even though the election was "stolen" from him, the GOP owes him for increasing their house seats and keeping the Senate intact.  

He could take his flock, form the Patriot Party (because the GOP didn't support him in his time of need) and go with that. 

The obvious play is to keep himself in the news each day with some kind of media presence opposite Fox, but even that is going to have some limitations.  

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Amen. 

Hawley is the toxic seed ready to sprout from the fetid remains of trumpism.

image.png.fe08d06b2a5182c24fce0539ea4221fd.png