2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I think she is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the camera phone's fault. She is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus pole dancer roaming the countryside. Run, she's fuzzy, get out of here.

Some women are better fuzzy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Fayettenam has never been an easy place to play for Texas, even with VY at the helm or under Akers and Royal. We’ll bring in a QB for his first road start. Week before we’ll have a QB making their first ever start.

this.  proverbial super bowl/new coach signature win for Arkansas.  they have a decent staff and a couple of years in their system. We better come to play.  3-0 to start the year will be nice.

herman would go 3-0 and lose to TCU.

Sark has a pretty good test.  Ark game is a no win situation for us.

20 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

herman would go 3-0 and lose to TCU.

This seems like a very reasonable conclusion to make considering *checks notes* Herman never went 3-0 OOC even against easier opponents than we have this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4
10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This seems like a very reasonable conclusion to make considering *checks notes* Herman never went 3-0 OOC even against easier opponents than we have this year. 

good point.  he'd end up 8-4, just depends on who you want to put the losses on.

• Hook 'Em 1
44 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me...

How Youngstar never made it national still amazes me. 

He suffered from severe addiction. "Smoking wet" - PCP type of stuff.

Otherwise he'd still probably be knocking pictures off the wall.

• Hook 'Em 1
3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

he did an interview for source magazine back in 2000.. and the highlight was him being fuuuuucked up on wet, syrup, and handlebars.. all during the same interview

• Hook 'Em 1
7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

he did an interview for source magazine back in 2000.. and the highlight was him being fuuuuucked up on wet, syrup, and handlebars.. all during the same interview

I hear y'all... counterpoint

GettyImages-1288885194-1608657720-scaled

Then again, I knew wayyy to many people who couldn't operate like that. Anyways...

15-0 Bitches!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
7 hours ago, Viper said:

I think she is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the camera phone's fault. She is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus pole dancer roaming the countryside. Run, she's fuzzy, get out of here.

mitch-hedberg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

On 6/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, ElChupacabra said:

I think y'all are overestimating the environment in Fayetteville these days. I just turned 29 a few days ago so I'm young and haven't experienced Texas vs Arky in person but their fan base is pretty pathetic. The last few seasons really took the wind out of them and they have decided they'd much rather be a baseball school. It's hard to even find a real Hog fan that knows football and is willing to discuss it. The majority of the population here are transplants that Wally brings in from anywhere and everywhere and those folks couldn't care less about Arkansas Football. Will they show up and put on their best stiff upper lip? Sure. Will there be any actual give a damn behind it? Nope. Unlike aggy, Arkansas fully understands their position in the hierarchy of college football. They seem perfectly willing to be the doormat of their conference. I'm sure the team will treat Texas like their Super Bowl but, from what I've seen of their talent pool and depth, they're depleted. Texas *should* walk all over them. I worry that Turtle Tom rubbed off some of his fucking weak-dick, no sack having traits on the team and that they'll turtle against a team they should trounce. Fuck if I know. I just don't want to live here for the next two years if Texas loses both games against Arky. 

They were a big-time program. Then, they joined the SEC.

Aggy should take note.

• Hook 'Em 1
18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I was at the Iowa State game in Ames in 2019. My blood pressure is rising, asshole. 

2019 was like a sweet, fond memory compared to 2015. 

11 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Go look up how long it’s been since we’ve gone undefeated in non-con, excluding 2020. (Lock up your guns/booze/opioids first). Sark just doing that would make me fucking ecstatic.

• Like 1
Go look up how long it’s been since we’ve gone undefeated in non-con, excluding 2020. (Lock up your guns/booze/opioids first). Sark just doing that would make me fucking ecstatic.

I’m guessing 2009. But I checked some and it looks like 2012.

That would correspond to the last time we had a plus offensive coordinator in Bryan Harsin.

Everyone’s got a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Too often that’s been Texas, where we’ve had to scramble midseason to simplify schemes or integrate personnel.
18 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

How long has Nike been a Longhorns sponsor?
Anything think that may ever change in the next decade?

HIGHLY doubtful.

2015 article.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Source-Texas-agrees-to-15-year-deal-apparel-deal-with-Nike-40441159/

from the article re: the 2000 switch, can't imagine they let that go away.

Nike, who's been partnered with Texas since 2000 when the Longhorns made the switch from Reebok, had exclusive early negotiating rights with Texas for the apparel contract. A deal did not come through during that window in September, and it was expected Under Armour and adidas would have the opportunity to pitch Texas. However, Texas canceled a meeting with Under Armour earlier this month and later decided to stick with Nike.

Had another school pitched an offer, Nike also had the right of first refusal built into its previous contract, meaning Nike could have matched any number offered by another brand

• Hook 'Em 1
17 hours ago, Rimbo said:

They were a big-time program. Then, they joined the SEC.

Aggy should take note.

The problem that Arkansas had was leaving behind their recruiting base. When in the SWC Arkansas would usually get at least half if not most of its players from Texas, just like Oklahoma does. They went from having 4-5 games in Texas every year to none. Jerry Jones tried throwing his alma mater a lifeline by hosting the Arkansas-aggy game every year, but that hasn't helped them that much.

aggy gets to play 3-4 non-conference and 4 conference games at home every year. That is 7-8 games an hour away from Houston and 3 hours away from DFW, two of the richest recruiting areas in the country.

aggy's problem is that they will always be aggy.

• Hook 'Em 5

FCB

Spoiler

I had a good conversation with a source who worked at Alabama with Texas transfer commitment running back Keilan Robinson, and my expectations for Robinson’s impact are increasing.

“To help those familiar with the Big 12, I’d say the player he compares to would be Kendall Hunter,” the source said.

For those who don’t remember Kendall Hunter (5-7, 199) at Oklahoma State from 2007-10, Hunter was a dominant force, rushing for 1,500-plus yards in his sophomore (1,555, 6.5 ypc, 16 TDs) and senior (1,548, 5.7 ypc, 16 TDs) seasons in Stillwater. He also finished his four-year career at OSU with 63 catches for 519 yards and two touchdowns.

Hunter’s 4,181-yard rushing total is No. 4 on Oklahoma State’s all-time rushing leader list, behind No. 1 Thurman Thomas (5,001) and ahead of No. 5 Barry Sanders (3,797), who only played three seasons before turning pro.

“I see talk about Robinson possibly playing receiver at Texas, because he was listed as a running back/receiver for Alabama’s spring game,” the source said.

“But he’s leaving Alabama, because he believes there’s a better opportunity for him at Texas as a running back who can also catch the football. He’s better than Roschon Johnson, I can tell you that.”

Time will tell on all of this, obviously. But I trust this source as an evaluator of talent. And there’s certainly nothing wrong with having a Lightning component in Keilan Robinson to the Thunder of Bijan Robinson and Roschon Johnson.

Not to mention that Keilan Robinson has three years of eligibility remaining after playing at Alabama as a freshman, when he had 39 carries for 254 yards (6.5 yards per carry) and two touchdowns in 2019 before sitting out the 2020 season due to COVID-19.

Nick Saban praised Robinson during Alabama’s spring football. Robinson had four carries for 12 yards and one reception for 5 yards in Bama’s spring game.

“He is doing great,” Saban said of Keilan Robinson to reporters. “He’s got great speed. He’s gotten bigger and stronger. He’s really playing fast. He’s playing really well on special teams.

“He is a potential kickoff returner for us. He did it before when he was a freshman, so that is certainly a role. He has made really great progress as a running back.”

The source I spoke with about Keilan Robinson said Texas hasn’t had a speed back like Robinson since Jamaal Charles.

“He (Robinson) ran into bad timing at Bama between playing behind Najee Harris and the pandemic,” the source said. “But he’s blazing fast and is kind of an untapped talent. But Sark knows his talent.”

So what does that mean for the Texas running back room?

Bijan Robinson, who had 86 carries for 703 yards as a freshman, breaking the school’s 51-year-old season record for yards-per-carry (8.2), is obviously the No. 1 back.

Bijan might be the best running back in the country. FOX football analyst Joel Klatt said as much this week, and I’ve talked to NFL scouts who already have Bijan on their radar.

But Sarkisian has said he’s going to get his best 11 on the field. And if Keilan proves to be one of the best 11 (or perhaps even 12th or 13th best), Sarkisian has also indicated he’s not opposed to two-back sets.

And what would be more daunting for a defense than having to account for two Robinsons: the versatility of Bijan and the speed of Keilan.

I’m a show-me-don’t-tell-me guy who has come to detest the hype train for incoming players who are yet to take a snap with a team.

But after this conversation - with a source I trust - about Keilan Robinson, my expectations for him are going up.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

FCB

Reveal hidden contents

I had a good conversation with a source who worked at Alabama with Texas transfer commitment running back Keilan Robinson, and my expectations for Robinson’s impact are increasing.

“To help those familiar with the Big 12, I’d say the player he compares to would be Kendall Hunter,” the source said.

For those who don’t remember Kendall Hunter (5-7, 199) at Oklahoma State from 2007-10, Hunter was a dominant force, rushing for 1,500-plus yards in his sophomore (1,555, 6.5 ypc, 16 TDs) and senior (1,548, 5.7 ypc, 16 TDs) seasons in Stillwater. He also finished his four-year career at OSU with 63 catches for 519 yards and two touchdowns.

Hunter’s 4,181-yard rushing total is No. 4 on Oklahoma State’s all-time rushing leader list, behind No. 1 Thurman Thomas (5,001) and ahead of No. 5 Barry Sanders (3,797), who only played three seasons before turning pro.

“I see talk about Robinson possibly playing receiver at Texas, because he was listed as a running back/receiver for Alabama’s spring game,” the source said.

“But he’s leaving Alabama, because he believes there’s a better opportunity for him at Texas as a running back who can also catch the football. He’s better than Roschon Johnson, I can tell you that.”

Time will tell on all of this, obviously. But I trust this source as an evaluator of talent. And there’s certainly nothing wrong with having a Lightning component in Keilan Robinson to the Thunder of Bijan Robinson and Roschon Johnson.

Not to mention that Keilan Robinson has three years of eligibility remaining after playing at Alabama as a freshman, when he had 39 carries for 254 yards (6.5 yards per carry) and two touchdowns in 2019 before sitting out the 2020 season due to COVID-19.

Nick Saban praised Robinson during Alabama’s spring football. Robinson had four carries for 12 yards and one reception for 5 yards in Bama’s spring game.

“He is doing great,” Saban said of Keilan Robinson to reporters. “He’s got great speed. He’s gotten bigger and stronger. He’s really playing fast. He’s playing really well on special teams.

“He is a potential kickoff returner for us. He did it before when he was a freshman, so that is certainly a role. He has made really great progress as a running back.”

The source I spoke with about Keilan Robinson said Texas hasn’t had a speed back like Robinson since Jamaal Charles.

“He (Robinson) ran into bad timing at Bama between playing behind Najee Harris and the pandemic,” the source said. “But he’s blazing fast and is kind of an untapped talent. But Sark knows his talent.”

So what does that mean for the Texas running back room?

Bijan Robinson, who had 86 carries for 703 yards as a freshman, breaking the school’s 51-year-old season record for yards-per-carry (8.2), is obviously the No. 1 back.

Bijan might be the best running back in the country. FOX football analyst Joel Klatt said as much this week, and I’ve talked to NFL scouts who already have Bijan on their radar.

But Sarkisian has said he’s going to get his best 11 on the field. And if Keilan proves to be one of the best 11 (or perhaps even 12th or 13th best), Sarkisian has also indicated he’s not opposed to two-back sets.

And what would be more daunting for a defense than having to account for two Robinsons: the versatility of Bijan and the speed of Keilan.

I’m a show-me-don’t-tell-me guy who has come to detest the hype train for incoming players who are yet to take a snap with a team.

But after this conversation - with a source I trust - about Keilan Robinson, my expectations for him are going up.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The next negative thing Klatt says about Texas will be the first it feels like.

If he does say something negative, at least it will probably be accurate.  
He’s had some critiques that were pretty rough but spot on. Especially during the Mack fed bad media blitz, he kept shit real and pretty damn accurate imo

• Hook 'Em 3
1 hour ago, TexasPride10 said:

He seems to have learned a valuable lesson the last time he tried to go against Texas. 

spacer.png

His soul left its body on the field that day. 

For that matter, so did Colorado Football’s. 

• Hook 'Em 2
Posted (edited)

I assume he is supposed to be overall supportive of UT and OU considering the big 12/Fox contract and those are the only 2 major football brands in this shit conference.

Edited by ballrific