Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Some interesting notes in here:

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek: He’s going to take his trips. He has visits to LSU and Oklahoma State lined up and is also contemplating Oregon and A&M. Texas with a big lead headed into April.

CB/N Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook: Anderson is not going to announce a commitment in early April. He has decided to wait until after the June visits, which are Texas A&M June 4-6, USC June 11-13, and Texas June 18-20. Texas remains the heavy favorite. Texas A&M is calling Anderson and family multiple times per day. That strategy isn’t working.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore: One key aspect of Harris’ recruitment, he hates to fly. Another key aspect of his recruitment, his mom is likely to end up living in the same city or town where Harris goes to college. Texas and Alabama remain the most likely of the possible destinations — as of today. She really likes Austin.

Harris hates to fly? How does he plan to play in the NFL?

You can hate to fly and still do it. But it is likely just someone who wants to try and pretend to connect dots that aren’t supposed to be connected. If the writer is trying to say that Harris would like to stay close to home, that is an easy enough note to convey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

You can hate to fly and still do it. But it is likely just someone who wants to try and pretend to connect dots that aren’t supposed to be connected. If the writer is trying to say that Harris would like to stay close to home, that is an easy enough note to convey. 

LOL. I’m an idoit. I took it as he was legitimately afraid to fly.
I’ll blame it on my getting my first COVID shot a few hours ago...Damn, I need to go eat or maybe drink...

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

LOL. I’m an idoit. I took it as he was legitimately afraid to fly.
I’ll blame it on my getting my first COVID shot a few hours ago...Damn, I need to go eat or maybe drink...

I think that is what the writer was saying. Just doesn’t make his conclusion correct. It likely has zero bearing on the decision. Him wanting to stay close to home will matter.

I don’t know anything about this recruitment, but usually when a recruit tells Alabama that he wants his parents close to them and that they want to move to whatever city they are in, it’s to get the network going to help out. Hopefully we can do that as well if it is required with Harris. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Kelvin Banks OVing to A&M.

ExcAzxGXAAEe_No?format=jpg&name=large

Has anyone commented on how much this graphic sucks? It’s cluttered, the fucking water tower trying to resemble the leaning tower of pisa is dumb as fuck, no clue what building that’s supposed to be that the purple cabbage and cauliflower are trying to take over, & they’re celebrating their NY6 win by obscuring it to the point that it looks like a bunch of grapes. 

Im not saying that UT’s is a work of art that has a spot at the Lourve waiting on it, but damn this thing is boring, terrible, & generally just dumb as shit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

I’m not sure these announcers have ever watched a game of football and I’ve only watched 2 mins of the second half. 

First time I’ve heard anyone being tackled at the 52 yard line. 

I thought you were exaggerating how bad they were, but they are terrible. 

I enjoyed the hell out of listening to them. I almost thought they were going to say "and .. boom goes the dynamite"  about 42 times.

It's really hard to get a bead on Malik when he has literally no help.  His receivers could barely get off the line of scrimmage.  If he played at a Texas high school, especially a QB factory, he'd be a top 5 national recruit.

Has anyone commented on how much this graphic sucks? It’s cluttered, the fucking water tower trying to resemble the leaning tower of pisa is dumb as fuck, no clue what building that’s supposed to be that the purple cabbage and cauliflower are trying to take over, & they’re celebrating their NY6 win by obscuring it to the point that it looks like a bunch of grapes. 

Im not saying that UT’s is a work of art that has a spot at the Lourve waiting on it, but damn this thing is boring, terrible, & generally just dumb as shit.

It doesn't even have their Texas Bowl trophy, smh.

15 minutes ago, MoJames said:
13 hours ago, hook me said:

It doesn't even have their Texas Bowl trophy, smh.

Or the hall of champions

When the iconic symbol for your town that you include in your "lit" graphic to hype up high school students is...a water tower. What could go wrong?

I think that is what the writer was saying. Just doesn’t make his conclusion correct. It likely has zero bearing on the decision. Him wanting to stay close to home will matter.
I don’t know anything about this recruitment, but usually when a recruit tells Alabama that he wants his parents close to them and that they want to move to whatever city they are in, it’s to get the network going to help out. Hopefully we can do that as well if it is required with Harris. 
If we can't do better than Bammer grads, just go ahead and pull UT's accreditation and make it the largest Juco in the country. (other than aggy of course)

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting