Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

So what's our alleged silent count now? We supposedly had two or three before June (Banks and Bryce, who may not be considered silents anymore). After last weekend there were tweets indicating 3 silents (not sure if that meant 3 more, or 3 total, and K Robinson may have been one). Now two new ones.

So excluding Banks and Bryce, I'm thinking 4? My best guess would be D Brown, Hutson, Cheeks, and idk (Patton?)

Of all the things to concern yourself with...

a silent means nothing. A public verbal means something, but almost nothing. 
a signed LOI means you can probably expect the player to be on campus for his freshman year. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Of all the things to concern yourself with...
a silent means nothing. A public verbal means something, but almost nothing. 
a signed LOI means you can probably expect the player to be on campus for his freshman year. 

Ground breaking analysis here. No need to further discuss recruiting here. Shut the board down.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I may be wrong, but I don't see the staff taking Gatson at this point with Jones coming in next week and possibly Miller still visiting.  
Looks like he tweeted that from his USC OV, so maybe they pushed for a commitment.

Yeah my impression is that he was not a take at this point, but I’m not particularly well informed.

Gerry on Perkins

Spoiler

IT spoke with a source very close to Harold Perkins (Cy Park). The Longhorns definitely helped themselves this weekend, and are now in the thick of this recruitment. The 6-foot-2.5, near 210-pounder with 4.49 laser forty speed was accompanied on the official visit to Texas by his mom, siblings and uncle that lives in New Orleans (who Perkins is extremely close with).

The Texas staff did a terrific job of showing Perkins that he could play a hybrid nickel/safety role at Texas if he remains a similar weight and continues to retain his elite speed and agility.

Perkins, and all of the recruits on hand, got to experience the university and city with a good vibe and excitement with the baseball super regional and everything going on with the big visit weekend. The city of Austin and campus life really appeals to Perkins personality.

The source told IT that Perkins mom also was fond of what she saw, as was Perkins uncle.

Bottom line, Texas is position to have a nice battle with Texas A&M should Perkins decide between the two in-state powers.

Perkins will make unofficial visits this week to TCU and Oklahoma, but still plans to save the remainder of his official visits for the season.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, tokamak said:

There’s always an uncle

This is what Gerry had to say about Perkin's family:

Spoiler

Dad lives in New Orleans, and definitely prefers Alabama and then LSU.

Mom prefers closer to home (She lives in Cypress).

The uncle is huge in this. Harold is very close to him.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

This is what Gerry had to say about Perkin's family:

Hide contents

Dad lives in New Orleans, and definitely prefers Alabama and then LSU.

Mom prefers closer to home (She lives in Cypress).

The uncle is huge in this. Harold is very close to him.

Do we know where the uncle lives?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting