[Game Thread] Longhorns @ Razorbacks in Fayettnam

immamac

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Did Sark call the plays at Bama the last two years?

yes...with the best offensive line in the country the whole time, solid qbs, the four best wrs in the history of college football all playing together, enough running backs that trey sanders couldn't even get on the field.

weird how all of alabama's offensive coordinators all end up getting head coaching jobs after winning national championships, and then never do anything once they leave.  yet, alabama keeps winning championships.  i wonder what the common thread is...perhaps it is just that these offensive coordinators with rings (mcelwain, nussmeier, kiffin, daboll, and sarkisian) all just have the best years of the careers in those exact years???  or maybe it has fuck all to do with it and i could easily win a national championship with devonte smith, waddle, jeudy, ruggs, najee harris, etc...  as long as nick saban is the head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

He’s among the worst QB’s we’ve had in the past two decades. I guess I hope he sticks around to be a serviceable backup?

I think Card will be OK eventually.  But right now we have another QB who looks a little more comfortable in pressure situations and can run the ball as well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

yes...with the best offensive line in the country the whole time, solid qbs, the four best wrs in the history of college football all playing together, enough running backs that trey sanders couldn't even get on the field.

weird how all of alabama's offensive coordinators all end up getting head coaching jobs after winning national championships, and then never do anything once they leave.  yet, alabama keeps winning championships.  i wonder what the common thread is...perhaps it is just that these offensive coordinators with rings (mcelwain, nussmeier, kiffin, daboll, and sarkisian) all just have the best years of the careers in those exact years???  or maybe it has fuck all to do with it and i could easily win a national championship with devonte smith, waddle, jeudy, ruggs, najee harris, etc...  as long as nick saban is the head coach.

The game is won and lost in the trenches, most of the time.

I wouldn’t change being Texas for the world but this whole being a rivalry to teams we’ve mud holed more times than south Austin’s mom has been blown out is a fuckin beating. I have family texting me out of the blue about Arkansas kicking our ass. I hope they die in a fire, a really hot one so there’s minimal suffering, but definitely a fire. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Squared said:

Arkansas is not the shit team everyone seemed to believe. And waaaaay better coached than our scared taints , mainly on offense. This is at best a rebuilding year and at least some of the delusional beliefs have been destroyed early  by this team and (as usual) overpaid staff. 

If you watched the press conference, you would have seen that he was prepared, ready and a solid coach.  this went exactly as he hoped. 

Card or Thompson... it might matter against teams like Arkansas, but it won't matter in the big picture till Texas signs a bunch of NFL-bound OL and DL.  And that'll take multiple recruiting classes.

Everybody's 9.95 guys and fans get carried away in August, but the Ketch's and Anwar's et al went insane this summer talking about a dominant DL and an improved OL for the Horns, along with the usual "our new DC is the best in the business," "Sark is a genius" etc.  

Those websites (for everyone, not just Texas) are the worst thing to ever happen to fan expectations, because they don't sell subscriptions tamping down excitement/optimism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Arkansas is not the shit team everyone seemed to believe. And waaaaay better coached than our scared taints , mainly on offense. This is at best a rebuilding year and at least some of the delusional beliefs have been destroyed early  by this team and (as usual) overpaid staff. 

Preach.  We are some delusional mofos.  

Face it.  We are not good.  

Just now, Longhornlove said:

The game is won and lost in the trenches, most of the time.

precisely.  who has had the best offensive line in the country to work with every year for the last decade?  and who keeps that going?  is it the offensive coordinators that change every two years?

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

When your star running back can't get out of the backfield without contact, it is a O line issue.

Absolutely.  If anyone is looking for a silver lining, it’s that Bijan is good.  But that means jack shit when the o-line can’t block for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, sidis said:

precisely.  who has had the best offensive line in the country to work with every year for the last decade?  and who keeps that going?  is it the offensive coordinators that change every two years?

I agree, so many want to throw Card under the bus, it goes way beyond that. Thompson looked better but under different circumstances. Is he the answer, I have no Idea but to blame card for the failings of this offense isn't right either, there is plenty of blame to go around.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Augustus said:

Card or Thompson... it might matter against teams like Arkansas, but it won't matter in the big picture till Texas signs a bunch of NFL-bound OL and DL.  And that'll take multiple recruiting classes.

Everybody's 9.95 guys and fans get carried away in August, but the Ketch's and Anwar's et al went insane this summer talking about a dominant DL and an improved OL for the Horns, along with the usual "our new DC is the best in the business," "Sark is a genius" etc.  

Those websites (for everyone, not just Texas) are the worst thing to ever happen to fan expectations, because they don't sell subscriptions tamping down excitement/optimism.

Exactly, it’s all about the offensive and defensive line play.  A serious question to all of you that follow our players really closely.  Who on our offensive or defensive lines will be playing in the NFL?  Not starting in the NFL but maybe 3rd string on the Bengals roster type of player?  I don’t see any talent on either line and until we start getting good players it don’t matter who our coaches are.  Oh, and not saying Sark doesn’t deserve blame but Saban couldn’t coach those players to be good either.  He would take all their scholarships away over time as he replaced them with better players.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Saw Overshown interviewed and he didn’t even seemed pissed off. Said we played physical and we “let things get out of hand” in the 2nd half. That’s the root of the problem, we have a soft culture that can’t be changed so easily.

Hey man, you can’t cloud your mind with that pesky football shit when you have an Instagram to run and followers to please

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Preach.  We are some delusional mofos.  

Face it.  We are not good.  

I did and have faced it for well over a decade and I’m sick of the loser football team and University ‘s culture that worries more about faux racism in TEOT than on how to win football games. We have abundant resources but have shit to show for it and get upstaged all the time, except men’s swimming, volleyball, and tennis. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Exactly, it’s all about the offensive and defensive line play.  A serious question to all of you that follow our players really closely.  Who on our offensive or defensive lines will be playing in the NFL?  Not starting in the NFL but maybe 3rd string on the Bengals roster type of player?  I don’t see any talent on either line and until we start getting good players it don’t matter who our coaches are.  Oh, and not saying Sark doesn’t deserve blame but Saban couldn’t coach those players to be good either.  He would take all their scholarships away over time as he replaced them with better players.

If they are going to play for the Bengals, they need to start committing some felonies like robbery and assault.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Hogs look so scared jumping over chairs and fences trying to get out onto the field.
They havent done this in a few generations or something?

nah we beat yalls ass in 2014 too. y’all only scored 7 points, remember? has texas beat arkansas a single time this decade? 

• Fuck You 18

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Last few years Sam played some hero ball for us and made some of those games close. Without him those close wins/losses are going to become blowouts

The thing is, Casey is built to play in that kind of offense. Shit line, broken plays, etc. He doubled Bijan’s YPC with a similar total rushing yardage stat.

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

When you are all gas, no brakes, you’re going to miss a few curves in the road.  Shit’ll buff out.  See ya at the starting line next week.  

Rice is hopefully an easy call.  But then it's Texas Tek :) the week after. 

Supposed to be an easy game but who knows if we're still tryna be Herman's team.

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

What seems to be fascinating is that I think we have had three head coaches in a row that are actually shocked by how bad their OL is.  I guess when all you can do is play your own team, you get into a do-loop of they're ok.  But it seems like experienced head coaches would realize that their lines are shit and do something about it, whether it's transfers, jucos, or some kind of scheme.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Ok everyone open your checkbooks for this nil thing, maybe we can buy our way out of this mess emoji1.png

Please send your money to something worthwhile - maybe a food bank or an under funded school. Our shitty football program has enough money. 

Until we hire a competent coach it won’t matter what players we buy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

If they are going to play for the Bengals, they need to start committing some felonies like robbery and assault.

Like the players we had in the early 2000’s that were really good.  Hmmm.  The only thing that held those talented Horns teams back was the shitty coordinators we had. 

2 minutes ago, texans_suck_arkansans_cock said:

nah we beat yalls ass in 2014 too. y’all only scored 7 points, remember? has texas beat arkansas a single time this decade? 

To be honest 2014 was last decade so we are really just 0-1 against y’all in this decade.  

And, yes, Arky smoked us tonight.   No argument.  

Edited by deadshank

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

What seems to be fascinating is that I think we have had three head coaches in a row that are actually shocked by how bad their OL is.  I guess when all you can do is play your own team, you get into a do-loop of they're ok.  But it seems like experienced head coaches would realize that their lines are shit and do something about it, whether it's transfers, jucos, or some kind of scheme.

Herman did way better with basically these same guys.  

but damn I miss the Texas OLs of the past.  

For all the accolades Card was slow, held onto the ball too much, got his sidearm passes knocked down , and missed wide open deep ball opportunities, outside of that he was fine. His receivers dropped balls, and the famous Texas No-line did its part to help keep losing and make sure QBs have to run for their lives. We are proper fucked this season, as usual.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

The OL isn’t as bad as it seems, at least in the running game. The problem is the current running game plan is for shit. It’s awful and is a detriment to the talent that is Bijan.  

Did you watch the last 2 games? Holy fuck, the O line was dogshit last week too. Bijan made so many miss last week.

2 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

The OL isn’t as bad as it seems, at least in the running game. The problem is the current running game plan is for shit. It’s awful and is a detriment to the talent that is Bijan.  

Respectfully, and I mean that sincerely, yes it is.  It is a very bad offensive line.  Arkansas was destroying it with 3 man rushes throughout the night.  Bijan was getting hit in the face before Card let go of the football.  

And this comment is incredible given how Sarkisian has been pumped up since his hire.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I think they know their line sucks but what do you expect a coach to say?  “Hey I have bunch of weak, non talented mofos on both my offensive and defensive lines.  We would be lucky to be able to push around some of the better high schools in this country.”  Sark knows what he has.  The question is can he get the right players in via recruiting/portal that will make a difference.

Now that you mention it, Herman may have been delusional enough to think he actually had a good O Line.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well…..that was a wretched experience. So, now we’re doing this to ourselves, because we deserve to suffer:

9f99c1e8a617f2a629d4c9c65f10bd9f.jpg
0ddfcfb785bc4f0848dc74c6e5e47add.jpg

Did my friend try to order a jack and Pepsi, and they’re out of Pepsi? Yes. He asks shit, what kinda wine you got - bartender: “nuthin’ good, I ain’t gonna lie to you.” So, jack and Diet Pepsi it is.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

How many times has Saban won with Greg McElroy level QBs but killer lines on both sides of the ball? And don’t forget Mack didn’t have great OLs except by accident, but it was the exception, not the rule during his tenure. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well…..that was a wretched experience. So, now we’re doing this to ourselves, because we deserve to suffer:

9f99c1e8a617f2a629d4c9c65f10bd9f.jpg
0ddfcfb785bc4f0848dc74c6e5e47add.jpg

Did my friend try to order a jack and Pepsi, and they’re out of Pepsi? Yes. He asks shit, what kinda wine you got - bartender: “nuthin’ good, I ain’t gonna lie to you.” So, jack and Diet Pepsi it is.

Man . . . it's brutal in there. 

• Like 1