--> Jump to content

A Remarkable, And Disheartening, Series of Tweets from Los Angeles


Hornius Emeritus
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

are you kidding me? the DA's play a major role in this. That's insanity right there. It isn't just the DAs as this issue is multifactorial but liberal DAs in many of these cities control who is prosecuted, have a large hand in if/amount of bail. It's a real issue whether you want to see it or not. It would take a mea culpa so unlikely.

I don't believe we have enough evidence to determine if it's a "real issue" or not, at least insofar as the crime rate goes.

There appears to be some correlation between crime rate and the election of "progressive" DAs.   But in that same time frame, you have the social unrest and massive unemployment of the worst pandemic in recent human history.

Jury's still out.  Crime rate is very complicated. 

Aaand, according to the latest crime statistics, property crime is actually down, while violent crime is up.  And it's property crimes that form the focus of most of the "progressive" DAs efforts.  https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2020-crime-statistics

 

Edited by TwiceHorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't believe we have enough evidence to determine if it's a "real issue" or not, at least insofar as the crime rate goes.

There appears to be some correlation between crime rate and the election of "progressive" DAs.   But in that same time frame, you have the social unrest and massive unemployment of the worst pandemic in recent human history.

Jury's still out.  Crime rate is very complicated. 

No it isn't.

Politics of crime might be, but reducing crime isn't difficult.  It's what we choose to allow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

No it isn't.

Politics of crime might be, but reducing crime isn't difficult.  It's what we choose to allow.

Good ol simple Slorch.  Is it depressing viewing the world through a black and white tv set?

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't believe we have enough evidence to determine if it's a "real issue" or not, at least insofar as the crime rate goes.

There appears to be some correlation between crime rate and the election of "progressive" DAs.   But in that same time frame, you have the social unrest and massive unemployment of the worst pandemic in recent human history.

Jury's still out.  Crime rate is very complicated. 

Also....something that the team players here are missing is that a lot of bail reform actions, including legislation that passed right here in Texas, had BIPARTISAN support.  "Bail reform" as a boogeyman is ridiculous.  There was a lot about our bail systems that has needed fixing.  But we also know that no matter what, it will never be perfect: there will be people stuck in jail because of shitty bail who never should be stuck there, and there will be people who get out, even by paying high bail, who then go on to do bad shit.

But, continue to blow the horn playing exactly the notes Fox news told you to play.

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

DT crowd keeps saving him. Which basically means he’s someone’s sock. 

Well, he and GRHorn's 3rd iteration are currently on the Covid thread questioning whether vaccines actually do anything, so . . . 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slorch said:

No it isn't.

Politics of crime might be, but reducing crime isn't difficult.  It's what we choose to allow.

Dude.  Check out the rise and fall of crime rates over the past 60 years.  Then try to tie those changes to "changes in what we choose to allow" or not.

Instead, the #1 correlation with rising crime rates....and declining crime rates....are social and economic factors that rise and fall.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Also....something that the team players here are missing is that a lot of bail reform actions, including legislation that passed right here in Texas, had BIPARTISAN support.  "Bail reform" as a boogeyman is ridiculous.  There was a lot about our bail systems that has needed fixing.  But we also know that no matter what, it will never be perfect: there will be people stuck in jail because of shitty bail who never should be stuck there, and there will be people who get out, even by paying high bail, who then go on to do bad shit.

But, continue to blow the horn playing exactly the notes Fox news told you to play.

Bail reform in Houston actually occurred because the Fifth fucking Circuit ruled their prior bail system unconstitutional.  So you know it had to be horribad.

Before, and for a convulsive moment under, Trump, criminal justice reform was actually a bit of a GOP strong point.

  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yet there's been crickets from you on this one.  It's almost like you're spouting disingenuous bullshit.

 

And -- let's go fully neutral/"both sides" here.....Hernandez didn't kill the young mom because she shouldn't have been out on bail.  She is exactly the kind of case that should have bail available.  She was charged with what amounts to a low-level crime, and wasn't a flight risk.  Reasonable bond was set, and she posted it.

Then, when she was out, she did something bad, unrelated to the original charge.

This wasn't a failure of "BAIL REFORM!"  It was just a shitty outcome that would have happened under most any bail regime.

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yet there's been crickets from you on this one.  It's almost like you're spouting disingenuous bullshit.

 

And, there's no bail reform in the federal system.  No movement, no legislation, nothing.  Of course, there are faggy librul prosecutors in the BIden DOJ.  That were probably also there in the Trump DOJ.

I wouldn't even argue that that was a bad bail decision.  Shit happens.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

slorch, let's play this out: what is the proper "tough on crime" standard that we've been unwilling as a society to enact, thus "allowing" crime to run rampant?

Dude. Slorch has already solved the crime problem. Just scroll up and see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Over dramatic much?  They are a nuisance

I profoundly and humbly apologize for offending your refined sense of understatement.

If theft is a nuisance then I suppose aggravated assault must be a damned nuisance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can quadruple the LAPD budget and put a uniform every 500 yards along that line, kill George Soros, and reinstall Donald Trump as President.  
If the Deputy Yardmaster has an opioid addiction or a gambling problem---and spends the night before restacking the choicest ten cars into the middle and tags the start and end cars with some graffiti that only the thieves will recognize...law and order don't matter, that train's getting boosted.  
Only a handful of people have that authorization.  That person is either already out of the country or following the Union Pacific security consultant and LAPD around his house right now claiming the kids new play stations were Christmas gifts, despite the missing serial numbers.  

You sure seem to know a lot about train security and logistics. Anything you want to tell us, Jesse James?
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

So what? Fishing lures? Convenience store clerks get fired for being heroes.  

It's a write-off.

This. As Otisdog said, the railroad made the choice that it’s cheaper to replace stuff than to protect stuff. 
 

interesting political post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

slorch, let's play this out: what is the proper "tough on crime" standard that we've been unwilling as a society to enact, thus "allowing" crime to run rampant?

death penalty for everything.  worked really well in england, no crime at all, but then those libs got in charge and suddenly there was crime everywhere again.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

 

Well, he and GRHorn's 3rd iteration are currently on the Covid thread questioning whether vaccines actually do anything, so . . . 

I think he’s on his fourth handle but admit I may have lost count. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

 

Well, he and GRHorn's 3rd iteration are currently on the Covid thread questioning whether vaccines actually do anything, so . . . 

The only medical advance with a similar impact in terms of saving human lives is the development of antibiotics

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Lobo

All we need, a bunch of gun toting morons guarding America's railyards, firing at will in the dark near poorer neighborhoods every time they hear a train coupling.  

I know you're being sarcastic but they're gonna start doing "Volunteer Patrols" to keep America Great & Safe.  AGAS!  

Edited by Lobo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:


You sure seem to know a lot about train security and logistics. Anything you want to tell us, Jesse James?

The prevailing wisdom here is that it was Soros-funded DA's on the take combined with early-released violent criminals out on bail-reform "lottery tickets."  

Here's what actually happened.  And if you pay attention, it's actually the red meat "Law & Order" types are craving.  Y'all are debating bail reform and LAPD budgets but you missed, as usual, the most obvious clue in the simulation.  We have two characters in this one act play, the Deputy Yardmaster, or DY.  And we have the Assistant Terminal Manager, or TM.  

TM:  "Good morning sir, how was your weekend?"
DY: "Fucking rough.  Damn Chargers, Rams, Lakers, and Clippers all lost yesterday...you believe that shit?"

TM:  "Damn, that stinks.  Didn't even notice the scores.  Been here since before dawn, they called me in early to sort out some hotshot cars coming in.  By the dozens."  

DY: "What are you talking about? (looks at stacking screen)"

TM:  "They've been coming in by the handful from all over...San Diego...Long Beach...the Valley...even Seattle.  Apparently that supply chain glut...yeah well a buncha companies got those chips they've been needing for small electronics.  We got hot-shot boxcars coming in from the coastal terminals with tags like Nintendo, Apple, Samsung, La Cornue, et. al.  Just dozens of cars coming in packed to the brim with all this back-order inventory that we gotta get out to fulfillment centers and cross-docks.  Some pretty pent-up inventory." 

DY:  "Okay, keep bringing 'em in.  I'll get a coffee and we'll sort this out."  

TM:  "Just crazy, dozens of extra cars all piecemeal 'n shit, sir.  I mean, I'll restack 'em but with the new software and the backlog, it'll be days before the system catches up to how we re-do the logistical sort.  I'm sure we can call ahead and let the terminals know.  I mean, I bet we have these burps in supply chain reboots every week for awhile.  If somebody wanted to, they could just skirt these cars off to the side until we know what's what.  Nothing climate sensitive in there, just tightly packed small consumer electronics and appliances from the chip backlog."  

DY:  (looks at gambling and drug debts on phone) "You know what?  You've been here all day, go home and get some rest...I'll restack the cars.  And try to figure out how to get that darn-fangled logging software to catch up to all our manual activity...including the yard cameras.  I got this...Happy New Year.  Hopefully the Supply Chain glut of 2022 is not as bad as 2021, amirite? (texts dealer for a contact to his network of associates)"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The prevailing wisdom here is that it was Soros-funded DA's on the take combined with early-released violent criminals out on bail-reform "lottery tickets."  

Here's what actually happened.  And if you pay attention, it's actually the red meat "Law & Order" types are craving.  Y'all are debating bail reform and LAPD budgets but you missed, as usual, the most obvious clue in the simulation.  We have two characters in this one act play, the Deputy Yardmaster, or DY.  And we have the Assistant Terminal Manager, or TM.  

TM:  "Good morning sir, how was your weekend?"
DY: "Fucking rough.  Damn Chargers, Rams, Lakers, and Clippers all lost yesterday...you believe that shit?"

TM:  "Damn, that stinks.  Didn't even notice the scores.  Been here since before dawn, they called me in early to sort out some hotshot cars coming in.  By the dozens."  

DY: "What are you talking about? (looks at stacking screen)"

TM:  "They've been coming in by the handful from all over...San Diego...Long Beach...the Valley...even Seattle.  Apparently that supply chain glut...yeah well a buncha companies got those chips they've been needing for small electronics.  We got hot-shot boxcars coming in from the coastal terminals with tags like Nintendo, Apple, Samsung, La Cornue, et. al.  Just dozens of cars coming in packed to the brim with all this back-order inventory that we gotta get out to fulfillment centers and cross-docks.  Some pretty pent-up inventory." 

DY:  "Okay, keep bringing 'em in.  I'll get a coffee and we'll sort this out."  

TM:  "Just crazy, dozens of extra cars all piecemeal 'n shit, sir.  I mean, I'll restack 'em but with the new software and the backlog, it'll be days before the system catches up to how we re-do the logistical sort.  I'm sure we can call ahead and let the terminals know.  I mean, I bet we have these burps in supply chain reboots every week for awhile.  If somebody wanted to, they could just skirt these cars off to the side until we know what's what.  Nothing climate sensitive in there, just tightly packed small consumer electronics and appliances from the chip backlog."  

DY:  (looks at gambling and drug debts on phone) "You know what?  You've been here all day, go home and get some rest...I'll restack the cars.  And try to figure out how to get that darn-fangled logging software to catch up to all our manual activity...including the yard cameras.  I got this...Happy New Year.  Hopefully the Supply Chain glut of 2022 is not as bad as 2021, amirite? (texts dealer for a contact to his network of associates)"  

Nope. How any times do I have to tell you this.

This is the fault of George Soros and his Jewish space lasers and those darn liberal bail loving DAs. If it wasn’t for bail reform all those train robbers and most of the pirates on the high seas would be cooling their heels in a jail cell instead of robbing trains and stealing my trumpy bear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I profoundly and humbly apologize for offending your refined sense of understatement.

If theft is a nuisance then I suppose aggravated assault must be a damned nuisance.

 

Do you mobilize the national guard if an Amazon delivery gets swiped off your door step?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

He is a murderer? I could've swore he was acquitted. Still keeping up the left talking points. I admire your dedication to the misinformation cause. 

The jury said it was self defense and I will abide by that. I personally still think he’s a murderer.  Not my call though. 

The point is the sack has a fetish for this guy that is totally bizarre. It’s like trump with his own daughter Ivanka level bizarre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

but you don't abide by that. you keep calling him a murderer. my point is you're keeping up a very debunked left false narrative about him.

You apparently have a different definition of “abide” than I do. Not a surprise really since you do seem pretty dumb.

And I’ll keep calling killer Kyle a murderer as long as I want to, whether you like it it not. You should just learn to abide by that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

I don't think you understand the definition of abide. I will help out ACC Jimmy. #3 might help you understand.

Capture.JPG.5f6c8bff0e1726918e655e092d6bea4e.JPG

 

I accept the decision of the jury without objection. If that’s what the jury decides I have no objection to their decision.

I just simply disagree with it. A nuance I realize you are too simple minded to understand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Do you mobilize the national guard if an Amazon delivery gets swiped off your door step?

Do I have that option?

I thought we were just kidding. I said the ransacking of freight cars by thieves was terrible. It is. I didn't say anything about opening missile silos, calling out the guard, or even declaring martial law.

I'm not sure I'm the drama queen in this discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bravo said:

So you won't abide by it then. I know very confusing for you since you keep calling him a murderer. 

I tolerate the decision. Just like many us us tolerate your presence on this board. That doesn’t mean we would all prefer you were not actually here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

He is a murderer? I could've swore he was acquitted. Still keeping up the left talking points. I admire your dedication to the misinformation cause. 

is hero worship of a 17 year old gunman any better?  what is his preferred one word descriptor?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Patriot?

 

 

sucks for people who used to call themselves patriots. that word has really been hijacked. 

saw this earlier today:

image.thumb.png.d0a0ad23286bf5ed0f183af1d5eaa2b8.png
 

went to go see what type of nonsense he was on about, but to no avail…

image.thumb.png.875f0c7d7e9d52544679d0091a6bc237.png

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...