Yellowstone

RPM

13 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yep, if people aren't fucking with you a little, and calling you makes chances are they don't like you enough to fuck with you, and call you names.

Agreed.  I have been on project sites with crews...you definitely want them to fuck with you and talk trash in a bullshitting/ball-busting kind of way.  You don't want them to ignore or cold shoulder you.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:17 AM, Nole-4-Life said:

I love the show and I'm not a prude by a long shot but damn they beat the word FUCK into the ground. I've worked and lived in some rough situations and never heard it used to much. At this point it's just for shock value, I guess, but it's offputting.

That and Mayor Of Kingstown too.

Este. Glad I'm not the only one

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, mchookem said:

so i think Lloyd is pissed about that (Walker skipping the train), him having the balls to come back, the fact that John and by extension Rip gave him a reprieve,  and for taking his girl. 

forget it, Bill, it's Yellowstone 😄

Lloyd and Rip were in a bar in a different part of the MT.  They heard Walker singing and turned around to see him holding court in an Adairs looking joint.  So they tied him up and brought him back to the Y.  They confronted Kasey about it (John may have gotten involved too) and the decision was made to keep him.  Walker said something about he couldn't leave MT b/c of his parole officer or some such.

• Hook 'Em 1

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by Beth's character.  Can't drop her at this point because 95% of the women that watch would throw a fit.  Monica is hot, but annoying as well. 

Tangentally, the same thing happed on SOA.  Jax's wife and Katey Segal sucked the life out of episodes.  Segal wasn't terrible, but Maggie Siff's character was unbearable.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I get it. Rip is a tough guy and Beth is a bitch. Let’s move on. 

Are they still mad at the kid for wanting to try on a shirt, or is it something else now? I've completely forgot/lost all interest.
Show would be dramatically improved with 100% less Beth.

If you don’t like Rip and Beth then this might not be the show for you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Beth sucks because the audience is beaten over the head with her every single episode. We get it.  I wish she would have died in the explosion. 

They got to give those horny middle-aged women what they want, man. Sassy Beth and brooding Rip. 

Edited by lateshow
  • Haha 1

My take was the beef is that once branded you're in for the deep shit, and therefore belong to the ranch. Only one way out, like a gang. Walker got the brand, he was recruited right out of prison, and is still on parole, so he can't leave the area. When Kayce let him live, he told him to never come back. Well because he's on parole, he HAD to come back, that's when they found him at the local dive bar singing for money and drinks. Lloyd was fucking the young girl, but she bailed for Walker after he showed back up.

Both Walker and Lloyd have the brand, and therefore different rules apply to them. Having Walker flaunt his chick around is making Lloyd feel like a cuckold, which is a blow to most men's pride, AND he knows Walker should be dead. I don't think fighting carries any death sentence, I think not putting the ranch first does, and Lloyd's preoccupation with this affair is making him forget about the ranch first while also making him make dumb decisions, so Rip had to step in to punish him to put him back in his place. 

The barrel racers I see them going out and riding with the guys when they go out, so my assumption is they're being used as free labor (minus free food and board). They even showed them around for the hanging when the ranch was under attack, so they might also be kept around to have an eye kept on them since they know enough shit now to be a liability. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The show is on Beth over load

This.  We don't outright hate the character.  We just know the second she shows up there's going to be:

1. 75 f bombs.

2. A soliloquy.

3. Someone being put in his/her place via #'s 1 and 2.

It just gets a little old at times.  I guess it could be worse - "Mopey Monica".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The great story of Snubbin' Post Brown.

Around 1982, my dad and I were at the first round of the futurity when there is no crowd, only horsemen.  It is a complete blast...or it was back then.  Mr. Welch came up behind us and stopped my dad.  My dad said, "Buster, this is my oldest son.  Last time you saw him, he was about 'yea high'."   

Mr. Welch said, "Well son, I'm glad you got taller."

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

The great story of Snubbin' Post Brown.

Around 1982, my dad and I were at the first round of the futurity when there is no crowd, only horsemen.  It is a complete blast...or it was back then.  Mr. Welch came up behind us and stopped my dad.  My dad said, "Buster, this is my oldest son.  Last time you saw him, he was about 'yea high'."   

Mr. Welch said, "Well son, I'm glad you got taller."  What I wouldn't give to sit and listen to the old man and Mr. Welch sit around and talk for a day or two.  

Yellowstone has vaulted past Succession as my favorite show with the latest seasons for each. One of the things I love about this show is the music and Sheridan’s love for Texas expressed by Travis. Soundtrack is great - having Shane Smith & the Saints have a prominent role in Episode 3 is great for Texas country music. Look forward to both 1883 and 6666. Also, love the disgust expressed towards Californians on the show :)

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, hullabelew said:

My dad worked for Buster Welch in the early 60s.  I was about 2 yrs old at the time.    Buster had his place near Merkel and we lived out there in the boonies.   Mr. Welch was already the man to go to for cutting horse training but things really took off when Mr. Howell (owner of Leo San) took Mr. San Peppy (aka Mr. Peppy) to Bubba Cascio to start.  Mr. Cascio didn't have time so he sent him to Mr. Welch.  If that hadn't happened, Mr. San Peppy would have likely been running at Ruidoso.  Mr. San Peppy had a full brother about 10 years older named Peppy San who Matlock Rose trained.  Peppy San was a hell of a horse that my dad got to ride some.  

That little bit changed cutting horse history.  Mr. Welch bought Mr. Peppy then sold him to the King Ranch about the time Tio Kleberg wanted to upgrade the line.  Then he ended up buying Peppy San Badger (aka Little Peppy) as well for the King Ranch.  

My dad worked for Mr. Welch for about 2 years, then a doctor in Olney, TX hired him to take over his horse operation.  

Here is Mr. Welch riding Bet Hesa Cat. (Owned by the 6666.)  That big roan was 5 in this video and has been on Yellowstone several times.  Mr. Welch was 83 here and had just suffered a stroke.  He told my dad after this, "Those sumbitches tied my right hand to the saddle".  

A little more about Bet Hesa Cat.

https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/bet+hesa+cat

I don't care who you are, Western fan cowboy fan or whatever if you can't appreciate that man your elevators broke son.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, hullabelew said:

My dad worked for Buster Welch in the early 60s.  I was about 2 yrs old at the time.    Buster had his place near Merkel and we lived out there in the boonies.   Mr. Welch was already the man to go to for cutting horse training but things really took off when Mr. Howell (owner of Leo San) took Mr. San Peppy (aka Mr. Peppy) to Bubba Cascio to start.  Mr. Cascio didn't have time so he sent him to Mr. Welch.  If that hadn't happened, Mr. San Peppy would have likely been running at Ruidoso.  Mr. San Peppy had a full brother about 10 years older named Peppy San who Matlock Rose trained.  Peppy San was a hell of a horse that my dad got to ride some.  

That little bit changed cutting horse history.  Mr. Welch bought Mr. Peppy then sold him to the King Ranch about the time Tio Kleberg wanted to upgrade the line.  Then he ended up buying Peppy San Badger (aka Little Peppy) as well for the King Ranch.  

My dad worked for Mr. Welch for about 2 years, then a doctor in Olney, TX hired him to take over his horse operation.  

Here is Mr. Welch riding Bet Hesa Cat. (Owned by the 6666.)  That big roan was 5 in this video and has been on Yellowstone several times.  Mr. Welch was 83 here and had just suffered a stroke.  He told my dad after this, "Those sumbitches tied my right hand to the saddle".  

Man, this is just some weird shit that I will never understand.  

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, hullabelew said:

When he had that stroke I was still hunting his place in Fisher and Scurry county.  I used to stop and visit with him almost every hunt.  His foreman Vacente told me the stroke didn’t slow him down one bit on the back of a horse.  And they still did everything on that 12,000 acre spread old school.  All on horseback.  

Last time I saw him was about ten years ago when we got off his place.  It was pissing rain for two weeks and I spent a week going back and forth between his place and ours moving feeders and blinds.  He was like a kid in a candy store so happy about the rain.  The man loved his cows.  He had a beautiful herd. And he loved them.  

• Hook 'Em 2