Yellowstone

RPM

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

That seemed like a very random way to kill off the sheriff. What was the point of that? Is Jamie going to run for sheriff now? Or maybe Beth, then this show really will have jumped the shark.

I assumed it was to make things harder for John, as he had control over the dead sheriff. 

YouTubeTv is really a challenge for me on my new Samsung Smart TV.  The App sucks.  Trying to load the channels is always a pain.  Tonight I tried to watch Yellowstone Season 4 Episode 8 and all I ketp getting was the Paramont+ scene chats by the characters.  I went to my Mobile and no problem loading the episode.  I was recording all seasons of Yellowstone.  Any ideas why it disappeared on Samsung?

I thought this was supposed to be the last season of Yellowstone and I was sticking with it knowing it was almost over. Unfortunately, I may have been mistaken.

This episode was horrible. The show has become a mashup of all of Taylor Sheridan’s projects mixed in with commercials. I’m surprised we didn’t get a little Mayor of Kingstown clip just because.

Tate is a cringeworthy actor.

Kayce is one of the better characters and his plot has hit a complete dead end. Good for him for escaping the Dutton family insanity though.

Can anyone explain why there was an FBI raid of the protesters camp? Why are protestors a major part of the plot anyways? Did Taylor Sheridan get his feelings hurt over the spinning horse criticism and actively look for something less entertaining to make us think the spinning horses were actually fun by comparison?

Beth’s little outburst at the dinner table was a Beth outburst just for the sake of having a Beth outburst.

Maybe instead of the horse tricks and 6666/1883 scenes, they should spend a little time setting up the reasons for John to turn against Jamie and for Jamie to be a respectable villain. As it is, he’s just a spineless and cowardly character who will ultimately give in to the wishes of his murderer father who was himself a complete failure in life. It’s almost hard to root against someone that pathetic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Tough crowd here  yeah Beth is annoying as fuck sometimes but it’s better than most shit on tv 

I hate when people say this shit nowadays. Look, it's a dumb, turn-your-brain-off soap opera masquerading as a violent western with on-the-nose political points to make. It's not a crime to watch and enjoy a little trash TV like this. But there are dozens of "better" shows on literally every premium station.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

I’d be happy just remembering where she came from? This show’s writing has been all over the place.

She was Jamie's campaign manager or high-level staffer. I'm curious how Jamie's biological dad tracked her and the fuck trophy down. I also was unaware that she knew Jamie killed that journalist but maybe he confessed to her or something. I don't remember.

8 hours ago, Drew said:

Just not a lot happened on this episode season. That's all.

FIFY. After the balls-to-the-walls opening 15-20 minutes in the premiere it's been a gigantic fucking nothingburger save for Lloyd throwing a knife into Ryan Bingham.

10 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I hate when people say this shit nowadays. Look, it's a dumb, turn-your-brain-off soap opera masquerading as a violent western with on-the-nose political points to make. It's not a crime to watch and enjoy a little trash TV like this. But there are dozens of "better" shows on literally every premium station.

Got it so your opinion is fact. 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

seems like there just may have been a better way to deal with the diner robbery that wouldn't have gotten 4+ people dead, including the sheriff.  they scoped out the situation, drove off, entered secretly through the back just to execute a...shootout in a public place.  might as well have strolled through the front and taken your chances.

though i did enjoy a little costner flashback to:

you got him?

yeah, i got him.

take him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

seems like there just may have been a better way to deal with the diner robbery that wouldn't have gotten 4+ people dead, including the sheriff.  they scoped out the situation, drove off, entered secretly through the back just to execute a...shootout in a public place.  might as well have strolled through the front and taken your chances.

though i did enjoy a little costner flashback to:

you got him?

yeah, i got him.

take him.

Didn't think of that flashback until you mentioned it.

That was no diner robbery. It was a botched hit job on Dutton and the sheriff. 

i honestly have no idea what is even happening anymore 😜 i'm like 'why is beth so angry now? wasn't Jimmy in love with Barrel like three weeks ago? omg is Walker really that stupid?? wtf! is Kayce going on a gotdamn vision quest??'

246518527_tenor(3).gif.9ce92117c1a04b7bda004eba573b9eef.gif

i mean i'm just saying the script could use a little work 😐

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Was it my imagination or did the scene of John teaching the kid to ride appear in two consecutive episodes? Maybe I saw it on one of those 8 minute snippets my dvr picked up but I know I saw that before.  

Yes, that scene was in one of those 8 minute snippets that is actually 1 minute of preview and 7 minutes of Taylor Sheridan saying "fuck," "Texas whiskey," "cowboying," and "$35 million dollar truck/sperm donor horse/see my new shows."

28 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Yes, that scene was in one of those 8 minute snippets that is actually 1 minute of preview and 7 minutes of Taylor Sheridan saying "OH SHIT!!," "Texas whiskey," "cowboying," and "$35 million dollar truck/sperm donor horse/see my new shows."

FIFY 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, Revolution512 said:

The season of Beth can’t end fast enough.

As noted by my posts, I definitely agree.  That being said, I thought the last episode was pretty good.  John, and maybe Rip, are the only two people her schtick doesn't work on.  Also thought it was an interesting clash per the definition of morality.  They both do everything they can to protect the family/ranch - including actual murder; however, John sees his actions differently.  I also thought the scene with her in the barn was pretty good.  She's a far better character with range outside of the shit-talking.

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Jimmy storyline has been done well. Probably the only storyline that has been handled correctly this season. 

I think much of the Beth stuff is fan service. Many white woman in Middle America want to live vicariously through Beth. 

Jimmy should have asked Taylor for a non-annoying girlfriend. Barrel racer and horse jacker-offer are both irritating. 
By “fan service” do you mean the t-shirts that say “Don’t make me go Beth Dutton on you”?  Because I think that’s what you mean…. 

1 minute ago, Kennythetiger said:

Jimmy should have asked Taylor for a non-annoying girlfriend. Barrel racer and horse jacker-offer are both irritating. 
By “fan service” do you mean the t-shirts that say “Don’t make me go Beth Dutton on you”?  Because I think that’s what you mean…. 

More or less. Beth does whatever she wants whenever she wants to, and aside for a few scars she does so without consequence. This is very appealing to women with responsibilities. 

There's also relatable moments. John being disappointed with his daughter, and the sadness it causes. Losing her mother at an early age. Her infertility. Her estrangement with Jamie. 

Most importantly, Beth is Karen heart throb Rip's woman. 

I don't like Beth, but I think she is well written for a certain demographic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, BevoSwag said:

YouTubeTv is really a challenge for me on my new Samsung Smart TV.  The App sucks.  Trying to load the channels is always a pain.  Tonight I tried to watch Yellowstone Season 4 Episode 8 and all I ketp getting was the Paramont+ scene chats by the characters.  I went to my Mobile and no problem loading the episode.  I was recording all seasons of Yellowstone.  Any ideas why it disappeared on Samsung?

I've had this happen with Yellowstone, on my Samsung.  If you search by the episode name it will come up.

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

I guess you didn't see the preview. The horse apple hits the windmill next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I’m a third of the way into season 3. I started watching this series because of y’all. Now I’m seeing I’ve been had.

(It never gets good, does it?)

For me it was good when Beth bathed in the stock tank and Rip jumped through the window and kicked some ass. 
Now it’s become the show that’s on before 1883. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

For me it was good when Beth bathed in the stock tank and Rip jumped through the window and kicked some ass. 
Now it’s become the show that’s on before 1883. 

So, about 3 minutes out of the roughly 30 hours of content through the first three seasons.  Gotcha.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

More or less. Beth does whatever she wants whenever she wants to, and aside for a few scars she does so without consequence. This is very appealing to women with responsibilities. 

There's also relatable moments. John being disappointed with his daughter, and the sadness it causes. Losing her mother at an early age. Her infertility. Her estrangement with Jamie. 

Most importantly, Beth is Karen heart throb Rip's woman. 

I don't like Beth, but I think she is well written for a certain demographic. 

3 hours ago, Kermit said:

Cunts?

well i am happy to be on record that Beth is a completely ridiculous character archetype and i pretty much hate her 😝😁

This show is getting progressively worse. I think its quality is currently somewhere between Dexter season 6 and The Walking Dead season 4. Which is to say I look forward to complaining about the show more than actually watching the show. Watching it has become a chore.

John Dutton needs to be on oxygen. Every time he speaks more than a few words, he has to pause to catch his breath and then he’s completely winded. I think he had cancer at some point at the horse vet fixed it. Might want to get that rechecked.

Beth is beyond terrible. Her character is a miserable bitch who argues with everyone, including her father who she is so incredibly fond of. Her tantrums don’t even have a purpose anymore and she doesn’t appear clever or strong, just weak and angry.

I guess they are selectively ignoring Market Equities again. It’s been the biggest overarching plot going back to last season, but they will have entire episodes that fail to even mention it. This show sucks at telling a cohesive story.

• Hook 'Em 1