Yellowstone

RPM

anyone who grew up around bolo ties and is used to being around them and knows how to operate them safely would've seen what the wardrobe designer had in mind for his character and then checked to make sure the bolo tie was properly fitted and that the shirt was buttoned up to an appropriate height.  neal mcdonough must answer for this.

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

anyone who grew up around bolo ties and is used to being around them and knows how to operate them safely would've seen what the wardrobe designer had in mind for his character and then checked to make sure the bolo tie was properly fitted and that the shirt was buttoned up to an appropriate height.  neal mcdonough must answer for this.

"Knowing how to operate a bolo tie safely" is my new favorite surly-ism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The worst thing about the Becks was the albino looking one wearing his bolo tie with the collar not buttoned to the top hanging like a necklace. He gets called out for it too but it still annoyed the fuck out of me.

Um, Icono, you may not want to be the one calling out others for sartorial choices.

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Man, I literally don't remember that whatsoever. Whose plane?

14 hours ago, Lat22 said:

They rigged the Beck’s turboprop with a bomb that was triggered by altitude. 

Kaycee and the Special Ops guy broke into the Becks' hangar and dropped the bomb into the wing gas tank towards the end of season 2.  Then nothing.  I fully expected Tate to have been on the plane in the last episode of season 2.  I wonder if that was writing that got changed after the series got renewed.

51 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Kaycee and the Special Ops guy broke into the Becks' hangar and dropped the bomb into the wing gas tank towards the end of season 2.  Then nothing.  I fully expected Tate to have been on the plane in the last episode of season 2.  I wonder if that was writing that got changed after the series got renewed.

I thought the kid getting kidnapped made them call that off.

avoided this thread all week as we were traveling and didn't watch until tonight. 

came in here for a righteous rant and see @henrygandorf and @wild_turkeyand others have it covered lol.

Beth is so cringe. the whole governor's endorsement was a giant WTF! "wouldn't miss it for the world"?? what a mean, petty cheap shot, to his son, no less. John Dutton is a shitty father and a terrible person. prove me wrong lol.

the best i can figure, i guess Jaime is supposed to be the Bad Guy...but Sheridan forgot to actually tell us why. which is kind of important to the whole Bad Guy persona. 🙄 ridiculous! 😄

I really want to like Jamie, but he just doesn't seem to have any backbone.  How can you work in politics and not have any little snitches working for you?  He should have known the Gov and John were plotting against him.  Beth is such a miserable person.  She could use some therapy out at the train station.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

1883 is streaming now. I'll probably watch it this afternoon. Cautiously optimistic it will be a toned down version of Yellowstone.

Read this thru a local site, but one of the extras says Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have cameos. Took him a while to figure it out because they weren't giving them "star treatment."

Cool. It was dumb an hour in too. It was 25% commercials, half was split between advertisements for 6x4 and 1883, and 25% Yellowstone. And 25% of the Yellowstone but was about Jamie. I don’t like the maths. Just a waste of a week outside of advertising a bunch of shit I don’t care about. Or maybe I’m just grumpy that we didn’t have any spinning horses this go around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Frank Erwin said:

It’s not hard to make a soap opera.  Watch Dallas, Dynasty, Flamingo Road.  People want to watch rich people fuck and fight.  Taylor Sheridan can’t figure that out, he thinks people want to watch ponies dance.

yep you nailed it. this show was 'just ok' to begin with but this season has been absolute dog shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tonight’s episode was absolutely terrible.

Tate getting a boner. (Kid is a horrific actor.) The stupid shit Beth was talking about at dinner. The kid putting cake directly on his steak. John and Rip going into the diner and getting the sheriff killed. Oh, and all the advertising for 1883 and 6666 Ranch.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Tonight’s episode was absolutely terrible.

Tate getting a boner. (Kid is a horrific actor.) The stupid shit Beth was talking about at dinner. The kid putting cake directly on his steak. John and Rip going into the diner and getting the sheriff killed. Oh, and all the advertising for 1883 and 6666 Ranch.

Agree

(Writing this before reading any posts above today)

Watching on DVR and fast forwarding through non Yellowstone stuff…in the end it felt like we watched maybe total of 30mins of The Yellowstone show!? wtf.  Obvious that Sheridan is already abandoning this show for his new stuff.  

edit: wtf plot…?

Edited by utxmike05

On 12/17/2021 at 11:12 PM, mchookem said:

avoided this thread all week as we were traveling and didn't watch until tonight. 

came in here for a righteous rant and see @henrygandorf and @wild_turkeyand others have it covered lol.

Beth is so cringe. the whole governor's endorsement was a giant WTF! "wouldn't miss it for the world"?? what a mean, petty cheap shot, to his son, no less. John Dutton is a shitty father and a terrible person. prove me wrong lol.

the best i can figure, i guess Jaime is supposed to be the Bad Guy...but Sheridan forgot to actually tell us why. which is kind of important to the whole Bad Guy persona. 🙄 ridiculous! 😄

Yeah that governor shit was low as hell. I'm now hoping the Duttons lose the ranch and they build an entire city on their land. 

• Hook 'Em 1