Yellowstone

RPM

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i saw last night in the show description that the yellowstone is supposedly the biggest ranch in the country. ok. 

I have appreciated this season in that there are nameless extras working in the background. 
It always irritated me in prior seasons that while the main characters were doing Yellowstone things, no one was actually working on the ranch. Not sure why it bothered me so much, but it did. 

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

I have appreciated this season in that there are nameless extras working in the background. 
It always irritated me in prior seasons that while the main characters were doing Yellowstone things, no one was actually working on the ranch. Not sure why it bothered me so much, but it did. 

Well when you only have about 10 people working the largest ranch in the country it doesn't really matter if they're actually working or not.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

That’s why it would make more sense to me if Taylor was trailering working ranch horses up there to sell to John. I have been to a few of those competitions and they’re fascinating. Practical, too. 
I didn’t care for Kayce chaining the cattle guard to the top of his grill guard. That would have torn some shit up in real life. Should have chained it to the tow hooks on the front bumper. 
Someone upthread mentioned Teeter. My wife noticed that Laramie looked different- appears as though she had cosmetic work done between seasons. I definitely thought she looked better before. 

Don't care.  Still want to see her nekkid.

• Like 1

It’s just a little ridiculous this season.  If you’re a Dutton apparently you can kill, assault, destroy property, and do just about anything you want with impunity.  Also you are apparently bullet and explosion proof.  And you don’t need any of that candy ass tights and cape either.

I forgot to mention torture, maim, pillage, and loot.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

The show has always been ridiculous. The Dutton crew kills whoever they want and leaves bodies all over Montana and law enforcement never makes an appearance. They made Kayce a livestock agent to basically give him a license to kill in broad daylight without anyone ever investigating anything.

I would be curious to know what the actual body count is throughout the show. It’s like the 1920s Chicago mob but in rural Montana in 2021. In real life the feds would be all over this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Could they have made a more stereotypical douchebag California stereotype than that dude?  Felt like I was watching Portlandia there for a sec 

But...were they wrong?  I see that same motherfucker up here every day. I'd round them all up and put them in cattleguards if I was a livestock agent

29 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s just a little ridiculous this season.  If you’re a Dutton apparently you can kill, assault, destroy property, and do just about anything you want with impunity.  Also you are apparently bullet and explosion proof.  And you don’t need any of that candy ass tights and cape either.

Jr Ewing says hi. This is an updated Dallas in Montana. And it's glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, pops said:

But...were they wrong?  I see that same motherfucker up here every day. I'd round them all up and put them in cattleguards if I was a livestock agent

Where’s ‘up here’?  

I live in Cedar Park and my neighborhood is probably 2/3rds Indian folks driving slate-gray Oddessys, with 3 generations in the house, 48 shoes on the porch, and houses that smell absolutely deliciously of curry when I walk by on a Sunday afternoon…the few Cali transplants I know think cattle guards are Fly and Rex from Babe.  

As noted above the whole show is over the top and I bet there’s been a surge in applications to be a Livestock Agent…who apparently don’t think anything about cross fire when setting up an ambush.  

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the show, but there’s some incredible suspensions of belief and I was laughing at the trope ‘rich, defiant, class-less Cali guy with all the toys raising llamas who hates cows and deserves to be locked under his cattle guard’ was a little rich / on the nose.  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You ever seen a movie or TV show?

Need more Mo - his family breakfast was a nice touch. The final scene should be him and Rip sitting on a porch, sharing a beer.

That California guy was not a stereotype. The llamas were a nice touch. That was peak Californian.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We need a show, and trying to convince the wife this is the one.  What's my angle to convince her?  I know nothing about it other than it is well received.

Offer up Succession instead. Somewhat similar. Both are dramas about rich patriarchs and their children trying to save (or take down) their empire. Succession has no violence but a lot of humor.  Yellowstone has a lot of violence and little humor. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Offer up Succession instead. Somewhat similar. Both are dramas about rich patriarchs and their children  but succession has no violence and more humor.  

That was the other one I was gonna angle for.   Just waiting for Ozark, Peaky Blinders, After Life, City on a Hill to all come back.

I have like 6 shows on Sunday night I watch and have to juggle, watch later on an app, etc. And there is like nothing to watch the rest of the week. Bull on Thursday is about it. They throw everything on Sunday night. I don’t have a DVR because I’m afraid I’d record everything on TV that I would never watch. I have an addictive personality, plus I’d never erase them. They’d just pile up. 

the population of Montana is like barely a million people...i feel like if that many people ended up dead in a fairly short period of time (a few months?) it would be a national news story lol. 
i wish they would get back to the actual family drama...have we even seen Jaimie since Beth told him she was going to kill him? that's way more interesting to me than the horse competition, and i couldn't care less about Jimmy and his girl but man they are dragging that out

It’s cheaper when you don’t have to pay all the actors every week.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:02 AM, Kennythetiger said:

I didn’t care for Kayce chaining the cattle guard to the top of his grill guard. That would have torn some shit up in real life. Should have chained it to the tow hooks on the front bumper. 

That was the special order Ranchhand that can run through steel gates at 30mph without scratching the paint. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1