Del Conte’s Overture to aggy - bad or good look?

Liquor and Poker

49 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

SEC decides who and where their football teams play in post-season - other than playoff games. SEC will match send agy to play us when they think agy has a better chance against us than they have against Wake Forest or Duke.

agy is not much of an asset to SEC. agy is not an asset, at all, to XII.

In conclusion, fuck agy.

Which is even more funny that they were scared of the mighty offensive great that is Watson in '14.

• Like 1

To be fair... This isn't just ATM mindset.. Its the entire conf.  They almost all schedule 1 P5 game. 2 Sunbelt teams and a FCS

Until SEC teams are punished for this they will continue to do it. 

Bama 

Ark

LSU

Aub

It continues...Ya'll get the point. 

• Like 1

Just to put a little color on the A&M AD's comments, here are Sagarin's final strength of schedule rankings for the 2017-2018 season:

UT:  SOS = 32

A&M:  SOS = 44

So, yeah.  I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree about that "brutal" schedule A&M has to deal with.  Pussies.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Why? Your team wins way more often than loses. You have friends (or at least acquaintances) that went to A&M. Why not replace the Tulsa type game with a game against A&M? 

So they took their ball and went to the SEC. Good for them, now beat their asses over and over again like you have for 119 years. 

We told them we wouldn't play them if they ran away and they still chose to run away. They tried to destroy the Big12 on the way out and have lied about the whole thing since. FUCK AGGY!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So you don't think beating them repeatedly would not help us head to head in recruiting?

It most definitely would. The basis for Tex Pete’s stance is the fear of losing and spending a year hearing it from those dorks. I don’t live in a Texas and can’t remember the last time I interacted with an aggy, but the same disgust in losing is what makes the game so compelling/entertaining to me. 

I’m always blown away at the amount of mindshare aggy occupies on this board...yet, “not a rival, couldn’t care less about them.” Yeahhhh

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It most definitely would. The basis for Tex Pete’s stance is the fear of losing and spending a year hearing it from those dorks. I don’t live in a Texas and can’t remember the last time I interacted with an aggy, but the same disgust in losing is what makes the game so compelling/entertaining to me. 

I’m always blown away at the amount of mindshare aggy occupies on this board...yet, “not a rival, couldn’t care less about them.” Yeahhhh

And this is 100% the basis for your opinion...which is apparently "fuck everyone else to entertain me."

• Like 2

I think it shows that Del Conte is unrestrainable, in looking at ways to better the UT program, even adding a former in state rival as a non con foe...

This is a far better look for Texas than it is for aggy, as the school lacks the ability going forward in saying "we want to play UT, but they ain't bein' nice", that narrative is dead...

• Like 2

Unbridled win for Del Conte.  He reaches out to A&M and they reject the chance to right the November 2011 ship.  Doesn't matter what excuses Woodward throws out there.  They stood down, period. 

Ensures that 27-25 will be in cement, and now its in even thicker cement.   

• Like 2

I'm for it.  CDC just gave them more paint to continue painting themselves into the corner with.  What with all their answers and excuses over the years, they can't keep up with their own BS reasoning.

"It would be bad for their brand, hurt their sos, play a far tougher schedule than Texas?  Do they truly believe this delusional garbage?   CDC was probably having to stop laughing before he gamed them with the call.  A chess master indeed>

• Like 3

I didn't grow up in Texas.  As a Mizzou fan, I hated Oklahoma, so by the time I arrived at UT it was easy to continue to hate them.  A&M was at first an oddity, but it didn't take long for me to understand that rivalry as well.

I would absolutely HATE it if we ever killed the OU game.  A&M?  Eh.  It all comes down to the fans for me.  Basically, Aggies are so fucking weird that they make going to the game a completely uncomfortable experience.  They also have no history of excellence.  OU fans?  Sure, they're more inbred, but they know what they are and own it, AND their program is historically one of the blueboods (as well as the beneficiary of rampant cheating).  A&M fans don't know their place but think they do, which in their minds is in the same rare air occupied by UT, OU, USC, ND, etc.  It's a completely different pathology, and one I find very easy to leave behind.

tl;dr fuck A&M

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't grow up in Texas.  As a Mizzou fan, I hated Oklahoma, so by the time I arrived at UT it was easy to continue to hate them.  A&M was at first an oddity, but it didn't take long for me to understand that rivalry as well.

I would absolutely HATE it if we ever killed the OU game.  A&M?  Eh.  It all comes down to the fans for me.  Aggies are, in general, so fucking weird that they make going to the game just a completely uncomfortable experience.  They also have no history of excellence.  OU fans?  Sure, they're more inbred, but they know what they are and the own it, AND their program is historically one of the blueboods (as well as the beneficiary of rampant cheating).  Their fans know their place and own it.  A&M fans don't know their place but they think they do, and they think it's in the same rare air occupied by UT, OU, USC, ND, etc.  It's a completely different pathology, and one I find very easy to leave behind.

tl;dr fuck A&M

Good post.  aggy fans think they are USC or OU when the truth is that they are much closer to being Minnesota or Pitt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I'm for it.  CDC just gave them more paint to continue painting themselves into the corner with.  What with all their answers and excuses over the years, they can't keep up with their own BS reasoning.

"It would be bad for their brand, hurt their sos, play a far tougher schedule than Texas?  Do they truly believe this delusional garbage?   CDC was probably having to stop laughing before he gamed them with the call.  A chess master indeed>

Darned edit no worky.  I'm for it as far as far as CDC contacting them and playing mind games.   As far as playing them again, I could care less although it will probably happen eventually.  

Pitt won a national championship nearly 40 years more recently.

But A&M generally think they are the best at everything. They are better than Harvard for academics and better than West Point for the military. They think they have more money than God and are more virtuous than Jesus.

Than they turn around and call us arrogant. I mean we are but...

Edited by Valmy77

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Pitt won a national championship nearly 40 years more recently.

But A&M generally think they are the best at everything. They are better than Harvard for academics and better than West Point for the military. They think they have more money than God and are more virtuous than Jesus.

Than they turn around and call us arrogant. I mean we are but...

They're not arrogant.  They are pathologically delusional.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You're still a douche after all these years. Keep on lying.

Lying? Let me try and make things a little simpler so that you can understand. I would be lying if I spent a considerable amount of time thinking about and talking about aggy and then said that I didn't give a fuck about them.

Does that help?

There are some real gems on secrant:

And this is what makes y’all so ignorant. Even in their down years they could find ways to beat you. You let Lil McCoy put together a last minute game-winning drive, in Kyle Field, to effectively kick you out of the Big 12...pun intended. 

When a team beats you almost 70% of the time, and you say you don’t care, it’s weird. And by not caring, you come into this thread and take the bait on the shiny hook.

I would support kicking A&M out of the conference for this embarrassing shite. The one thing they could add to the landscape of college football would be a high profile rivalry, cause God knows they aren't winning any championships this century, and they pussed out.

Fkn pusscakes Aggies are.

They're booked up with App State dude.

I really wish we would have waited and added OU and Texas.. 
Texas tried to warn us..but don't worry Aggs will be in here in just a moment telling us how rich they are as a school. Funny all that money and nothing to show for it but a drunk/coke head heisman QB 
Thanks for bringing so much to the SEC.. 

37 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Good post.  aggy fans think they are USC or OU when the truth is that they are much closer to being Minnesota or Pitt.

Minnesota has a history of being good without cheating their asses off. Granted, it was a long time ago, but it still dwarfs anything aggy ever accomplished.

It’s a fun rivalry and the f that let’s never play them again crowd, we have a thread here that is 108 pages about them.........   It will always be a rivalry and I say rivalries are fun and good for the program, especially if you routinely beat the other like we do.  Once they are not afraid anymore we will play again eventually and that first game will be sold out and a hell of a atmospher and we will win.

So, to sum up:

1.  Despite being a self-proclaimed national powerhouse blue-blood program, Aggy can't accomplish anything in the Big 12 due to the meddling of Texas

2.  After years of losing, they then decide to leave for the SEC where they can play against "real competition" instead of these no-name schools in the Big 12

3.  They lose the last game of the rivalry against a down-year Texas team, somehow making Case McCoy look like Vince Young

4.  After moving to the SEC, they have 1 surprisingly good year with Johnny Manziel

5.  They start changing the narrative to "Texas is scared and won't play us" after there's a story about how Texas didn't want to give up a non-conference game against them right after they left the Big 12

6.  Despite Texas having a truly abysmal decade, the new AD reaches out and offers to schedule A&M.

7.  A&M declines because they are way too busy with the big-boys of college football, such as Alabama.  They need their tune-up game with App State.

8.  Texas schedules Alabama instead, who doesn't really feel like they need a tune-up game to face the mighty Aggies.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

It’s a fun rivalry and the f that let’s never play them again crowd, we have a thread here that is 108 pages about them.........   It will always be a rivalry and I say rivalries are fun and good for the program, especially if you routinely beat the other like we do.  Once they are not afraid anymore we will play again eventually and that first game will be sold out and a hell of a atmospher and we will win.

I never even open that thread, let alone post in it.

Never again.

Is it a rivalry though when they've sucked shit through a straw most of the time? We've sucked for a decade, they've sucked for almost their entire existence. I'm 25, not sure I can recall those fuckheads even being ranked more than once or twice in the games I've seen. I only remember that game being a boring footnote in our season.

Edited by Bevo14

The only place in the entirety of the universe where this doesn't reflect poorly on those sheephumpers is over on their fan site.  

The lack of self awareness is astounding.

I mean their fucking AD basically admitted adding Texas to an already tough SEC schedule scares the shit of them.  and those rubes are patting him on the back for "telling Texas to pound sand".

It's amazing.

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

Definitely a good PR move by CDC.

Look at other message boards like secrant and you'll see that impartial fans view this as aggy ducking Texas because aggy is scared of big brother. I like anything that ruffles aggy's feathers.

Well, it is true... And it's a far better game for both Texas & Alabama anyway...

2 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Well, it is true... And it's a far better game for both Texas & Alabama anyway...

Chuck should have mentioned that unlike Texas, aggy has 3 additional OOC slots that are ALWAYS filled with non-P5 teams. We would likely have another P5 team scheduled in one of our 2 remaining OOC slots. Aggy shouldn't be able to claim Miami as their reason when they are also sitting on 3 gimmes. I wish someone would call the SEC out on their bullshit scheduling.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Chuck should have mentioned that unlike Texas, aggy has 3 additional OOC slots that are ALWAYS filled with non-P5 teams. We would likely have another P5 team scheduled in one of our 2 remaining OOC slots. Aggy shouldn't be able to claim Miami as their reason when they are also sitting on 3 gimmes. I wish someone would call the SEC out on their bullshit scheduling.

But the struggles of dropping a G5 school must be too much to handle for administration in aggyland... 😉

great move by Del Conte.  the hilarious thing is aggy really has nothing to lose by playing us.  their recruiting isn't going to be worse even if they lose, they don't have scoreboard, and they aren't winning the NC anyway so a loss to us doesn't really hurt them.

My guess is Jimbo put the kibosh on it because he doesn't realize that a loss to us is expected and doesn't affect recruiting the way it would with FSU v Miami or FSU v Florida.  he doesn't understand the history well enough.  the only thing that affects aggy recruiting is fedex availability and Razoos bathrooms.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Worth perusing if you have a few mins at work today. They are the laughingstock of the SEC

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/aandm-turned-down-home-and-home-with-texas/78292473/

From an arky fan on that thread:

"We had a home and home with texas,we're still waiting for them to honor their part.I don't blame a&m,screw texas..."

Am I remembering incorrectly, or is he referring to when we absolutely embarrassed them in Austin and they asked to move the return game to avoid it happening twice? 

Nice revisionist history, there.