Caden Sterns

BigOrange1

• 2 weeks later...

www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/yahoo-sports-2018-midseason-college-football-awards-205439270.html

Freshman of the Year

Caden Sterns, DB, Texas

Texas’ bounceback from a Week 1 loss to Maryland has been spurred on by its defense. Sterns is a big part of that defense with 25 tackles and three interceptions. Two of those interceptions came against TCU, Texas’ first win over the Horned Frogs since 2013. He had six tackles against Oklahoma in Texas’ 48-45 win over the Sooners on Saturday.

Also considered: Rondale Moore (WR, Purdue), Jermar Jefferson (RB, Oregon State)

• Like 3

More recognition...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/24865910/top-10-impact-freshmen-far

1. S Caden Sterns, Texas

Sterns was an ESPN 300 prospect, ranked No. 39 overall, and was a big part of the Longhorns' 2018 recruiting class. He enrolled early and has already shown his value to this young team on defense. He leads the team in interceptions with three, ranks sixth on the team in tackles and has even blocked a field goal this season. His stats don't tell the whole picture, though, as he has already emerged as a leader for this defense, providing a much-needed spark on a unit that struggled last season. Sterns is a big part of why Texas is off to a 4-1 start and making noise in the Big 12.

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Top 25 Team's Best True Freshman

Caden for TEXAS 🤘

Bama's is Waddle 🙃

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24940950/best-true-freshman-top-25-team

Numbers didn't show up for me (Waddle at 1, Caden at 9)...

But how is Brendan Radley-Hines on that list at #11?  That guy may have potential (don't know, don't care) but he sucked bad vs. Texas and it wasn't just the size mismatch.

2 minutes ago, Richter said:

But how is Brendan Radley-Hines on that list at #11?  That guy may have potential (don't know, don't care) but he sucked bad vs. Texas and it wasn't just the size mismatch.

Based on the Team's current ranking so BAMA #1 is why Waddle listed 1st, TEXAS #9 is why Caden #9

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Richter said:

Obviously held the fearsome Army passing game in check.

2 minutes ago, pacman said:

great gif to show Foster's ability to fight blocks, an ability locke seems to lack

On the 4th down stop against USC, PJ pretty much blew up the play.  He got penetration, which forced the Trojan on the edge to block back on him.  That allowed the rest of the secondary to run free with the ball carrier and no lead blocker.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pacman said:

great gif to show Foster's ability to fight blocks, an ability locke seems to lack

Locke is fine. Go look at the 4 and 2 goal line stand against USC. Locke blew the blocks up and forced two defenders to commit to him. That's the only reason why B Jones was free and had the steam to beat the rush to the edge.

30 minutes ago, pacman said:

Initially I didn't think the LT was even looking to block Foster - I thought the LT was going to climb to the second level to get the LB.  But after watching it a few times it seems like the LT was so scared of Foster running around him on the edge that the Tackle immediately took two steps to the outside and Foster quickly darted inside of him.  The LT could barely get an arm out before Foster was already past him.  Great play by the true freshman.

3 hours ago, sushihorn said:

On the 4th down stop against USC, PJ pretty much blew up the play.  He got penetration, which forced the Trojan on the edge to block back on him.  That allowed the rest of the secondary to run free with the ball carrier and no lead blocker.

Gotta say, I read "4th down stop against USC" and my mind immediately went to the Rose Bowl in 06, which confused me because we didn't have a PJ or someone with those initials on defense (that I remember).

It's nice to have scoreboard on those fuckers again.

Hope you're right tailgate, can't afford any off games if we want to continue the roll we're on..

Hopefully we got the patented "Tom Herman wtf" game out of the way first thing this year..

I don’t expect to see back-to-back wtf games from a kid with his talent. Most kids at his level don’t let that happen.

I don’t expect to see back-to-back wtf games from a kid with his talent. Most kids at his level don’t let that happen.
One player doesn't a win make, but without some of the things this kid has done..not sure we only have one loss right now.
  • Like 1