2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Of course, it also isn't helping that Gordon and Green are complete sieves as well. So that is your 3 main bench players, and none can play defense right now.

Gordon plays defense. He'll settle in.  Green and Melo do not. Green tries, but fails. Melo does not.

Melo wasn’t awful last night and hit a big shot in the fourth. He actually looks like our best low post offensive player. Capela is great at what he does, but you don’t want him playing iso with his back to the ball. 

I hope they can exploit this in a new small ball line up like the ran last season. 

The communication on switching was very evident as well last night. Getting better with an unknown ceiling 

Guess no one is watching us getting run at okc without Westbrook. Coming off a decent win streak this roster just can’t hold up and clearly needs to be addressed which I think we all know is coming. Harenstein and Clark coming off the bench just isn’t good. Very weak bench right now especially with Gordon playing like dog shit and green shot his wad last year.

Guess no one is watching us getting run at okc without Westbrook. Coming off a decent win streak this roster just can’t hold up and clearly needs to be addressed which I think we all know is coming. Harenstein and Clark coming off the bench just isn’t good. Very weak bench right now especially with Gordon playing like dog shit and green shot his wad last year.
I was on the road. Got home jyst on time to a the final score. Offense is kinda bad, Mike D.

Basically are two best options off the bench are Gordon who is either red hot or ice cold and melo(lol). 

Green was a great story last season being from Houston but he isn't a solid off the bench consistent contributor at all, I like the potential he brings to the table every night but the bench is brutal. I know we are full strength but if we are relying on MCW and a often injured B Knight then we are screwed. Morey can't sit back too much longer hoping we snap out of it or we will fight back to be a 5-8 seed. Pull the trigger Morey.

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Basically are two best options off the bench are Gordon who is either red hot or ice cold and melo(lol). 

Green was a great story last season being from Houston but he isn't a solid off the bench consistent contributor at all, I like the potential he brings to the table every night but the bench is brutal. I know we are full strength but if we are relying on MCW and a often injured B Knight then we are screwed. Morey can't sit back too much longer hoping we snap out of it or we will fight back to be a 5-8 seed. Pull the trigger Morey.

What move do you think Morey can pull the trigger on?  Looking for another buyout situation like the Lakers just pulled off?

Yeah, this team is not good. I don't know what they can do to improve it though, since EG was supposed to be one of the better trade chips to get someone like Jimmy B, but the way he has played has hurt his value. I'm not sure him + Chriss+4 FRPs makes it happen for Butler, but who knows. 

Ryan Anderson has turned out to be garbage for Phoenix, so at least that trade was a win by reducing total salary obligations, but Chriss and Knight aren't going to fetch an upgrade for this roster. Knight could come back and play well, but unless he's turns into the most unlikely allstar of all time, he isn't moving the needle much.  

It's a shame, last year was the year. Had they beat GS and destroyed a shitty Cavs team, I wouldn't care one bit about this performance, but they didn't get it done. Really sad to be so close and just miss out on a ring like that. I trust that Morey will improve this team like he always has in the past, but with the way GS plays, I don't see a path to getting nearly as good as them, or as good as this team was last year. I hope it happens, but we shall see. 

48 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Melo is a locker room cancer.  I'm not sure he was ever worth it, but if all he can do now is shoot 40%, he's definitely not worth it.  

I like the word infection. He isn’t a cancer because he doesn’t turn locker rooms against each other. He gets in them and makes everyone sick. But not sick enough to point fingers, just sick enough where no one is performing for the better of the team. It’s like going to work with a cold. Everyone knows you have it so people avoid you at first but then they need you to finish their work. That’s when they get a cold. It gets passed and pretty soon no one can blame any specific person for the spread but everyone is performing under their potential because of an innocent little cold that was allowed to come into the office. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Next question is, do you think there is a team out there that would sign him for the rest of the year?  What about a team that would sign him next year?

Not a chance. I think the Rockets like what they have in Clark and Hartenstein. I think they are going to wait and see what Knight gives them while Green's minutes get reduced.

what massive changes from the 65 win team, aside from Ariza? I thought this team would win 52-55 but even that looks doubtful. I think Ariza was a hell of a lot more valuable than his stats would indicate. He's the safety valve when others were off. Too bad he's gone. 

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

what massive changes from the 65 win team, aside from Ariza? I thought this team would win 52-55 but even that looks doubtful. I think Ariza was a hell of a lot more valuable than his stats would indicate. He's the safety valve when others were off. Too bad he's gone. 

Ariza is complete ass right now in Phoenix. He's not missed. Adding Melo was a mistake, everyone warned us, it's nice to the see Morey gives 0 shits about cutting out the cancer before it metastasizes.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Ariza is complete ass right now in Phoenix. He's not missed. Adding Melo was a mistake, everyone warned us, it's nice to the see Morey gives 0 shits about cutting out the cancer before it metastasizes.

10/6/3 isn't too bad.  Also Melo with 13ppg is cause for execution these days.  So, what's the real story? Isn't he bff with CP3 or whatever? 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So you're saying it's not the losses in FA, it's just the guys who stayed have regressed greatly?

I'm saying it's the cancer that is Carmelo and the overall health of this team. Harden, Paul, Gordon, and Knight haven't played a game together. Those are your 4 best guards, and 4 of the top 5 players on the team.

It funny to watch everyone get so excited about melo and then turn on him.  Somehow this clown has tricked everyone into thinking he is a serviceable player and he really isn't.  He is a coach and team killer.  It truly is amazing to see him work.

8 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

It funny to watch everyone get so excited about melo and then turn on him.  Somehow this clown has tricked everyone into thinking he is a serviceable player and he really isn't.  He is a coach and team killer.  It truly is amazing to see him work.

Most people saw this coming