Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

Lifetime which used to be pretty low in the douche and douchette level is becoming almost unbearable these days...half of me enjoys the douche watching the other half is irritated at halving to step over milk jugs and being surrounded by dudes wearing, beats headphones and yoga pants

On 12/22/2018 at 6:32 AM, South Austin said:

By necessity I’m at the gym most days at 5am, so I avoid many of the intolerables.

5am?

motherofgodjpeg

Why do people wear sweat pants, hoodies, and other shit that just increase the sweat factor? Is there some theory behind making yourself sweat more by wearing hot clothing?

5 hours ago, 4thgenhorn said:

So you know the new Lulu wind shorts reboot that’s in style now. Well other day an 8+ was rocking them on deadlifts.  I needed to do leg press two stations behind, sorry its leg day. 

Pet peave is she did only one more set. Didn’t even drop set. I mean, WTH?

We have a thread for that, still waiting for the pics. 

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Not a pet peeve per se but a question ... what's up with the fraternity of old milk jug water bottles? I mean, dudes' wearing $300 headphones and $100 yoga pants but can't spring for a nalgene or a camelbak?

Easy way to measure how much water you’re drinking?

God I hate this time of year. I usually go to the gym either really early before work (5:30ish) or take a break and go around 10:30 - so I miss most of the NY Resolution crowd, but I take my son to swimming lessons at 7:00 every Tuesday night. Last week I had to park at the far end of the parking lot. What a fucking beat down.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

God I hate this time of year. I usually go to the gym either really early before work (5:30ish) or take a break and go around 10:30 - so I miss most of the NY Resolution crowd, but I take my son to swimming lessons at 7:00 every Tuesday night. Last week I had to park at the far end of the parking lot. What a fucking beat down.

so you had to exercise to go exercise?

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

And hardly any new resolutioner talent. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Dude, just drive around a while, a spot will open up eventually.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, midtown said:

Lifetime which used to be pretty low in the douche and douchette level is becoming almost unbearable these days...half of me enjoys the douche watching the other half is irritated at halving to step over milk jugs and being surrounded by dudes wearing, beats headphones and yoga pants

I quit Lifetime when my location nearly doubled the membership price to go from a platinum club to a diamond level club.  Little about the club changed other than having the choice to pay to reserve lockers and parking spots, but now I have to pay $100 a month to lift weights?  Fuck off....

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, midtown said:

Peak retarded. Dude brought a tripod to film himself d9f10f82de41b7ee67a1a04408fa0538.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

haha, see a bit of this at my gym but not much. there's a fat powerlifter who will stand a Fat Grip on its end and uses the opening to hold his phone to film while he's lifting. then he sends the video to his coach so he can critique his form. 

Fat-Gripz-Original-Blue-2.25-inch-Altern    

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

haha, see a bit of this at my gym but not much. there's a fat powerlifter who will stand a Fat Grip on its end and uses the opening to hold his phone to film while he's lifting. then he sends the video to his coach so he can critique his form. 

What, he's so fat there's not enough room for his coach to be there with him?

On 1/17/2019 at 7:09 AM, Tom said:

Little about the club changed other than having the choice to pay to reserve lockers and parking spots, but now I have to pay $100 a month to lift weights?  Fuck off...

I've about had it with LTF for these reasons and that it's become filled with crossfit douche tripod carrying people.   It was great when my kids were younger and I took them swimming but now their mom has a pool so they don't really go as much.   In SA I have two choices.  Golds which is just as douche and Planet Fitness which at $20 a month sounds pretty appealing.  At this point all I do is 20-30 mins of cardio and 20-30 mins of weights.  They have a planet 10 mins from my office and home.   As the weather starts to warm up I do a lot more bike riding and hiking for exercise anyway

Edited by midtown

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

What, he's so fat there's not enough room for his coach to be there with him?

well not quite, but he's such a serious lifter dipshit he pays an "online coach" to plan his workouts for him. bench pressing about 90% of your bodyweight for 3 or 4 reps is serious bidness   

Edited by Dennis Taylor

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

I'm paying $35/mo at 24hour and the thought to change gym hits once in a while but f all that $100/mo to get out of the poor ppl gym range. 

planet usually has $10/month memberships.  re 24 hr, fuck $35/month.  costco sells 24hr 2 year memberships for about $400.  

re the nicer places, i go to LA fitness.  it's $50 or $100 down and $30/month.  if you are paying 35/month @ 24hr, then you are getting screwed.  the la fitness on anderson is never that busy, especially compared to 24 hr.

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

planet usually has $10/month memberships.  re 24 hr, fuck $35/month.  costco sells 24hr 2 year memberships for about $400.  

re the nicer places, i go to LA fitness.  it's $50 or $100 down and $30/month.  if you are paying 35/month @ 24hr, then you are getting screwed.  the la fitness on anderson is never that busy, especially compared to 24 hr.

LA Fitness is not close to either my office or home.  Planet is $10 for one gym use but since I go on wknds as well as weekdays Id opt for the unlimited at $20..

1 hour ago, midtown said:

I've about had it with LTF for these reasons and that it's become filled with crossfit douche tripod carrying people.   It was great when my kids were younger and I took them swimming but now their mom has a pool so they don't really go as much.   In SA I have two choices.  Golds which is just as douche and Planet Fitness which at $20 a month sounds pretty appealing.  At this point all I do is 20-30 mins of cardio and 20-30 mins of weights.  They have a planet 10 mins from my office and home.   As the weather starts to warm up I do a lot more bike riding and hiking for exercise anyway

go on...

2 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

Sucks to be me. Being a swimmer is expensive, apparently.

I'm a swimmer and that was always the draw with lifetime is that their pools are actually pretty great..Ill just have to pay $4 a visit to one of the school district pools