2018 Beer

HenryJames

4 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Anyone know when they will be distributing to DFW again?

I don't know the answer, but they doubled production from 2016 to 2017 at over 30,000 barrels and still couldn't meet demand. I think it'll be a while until they can re-expand into DFW.

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Anyone know when they will be distributing to DFW again?

I was told you could buy it in DFW stores, but I have been unable to find it. A bar called Live Oak (don't believe it is related) on Magnolia & Lipscomb had it on tap the last time I was there. 

55 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

We were all noobs at some point. Revolver was bought out by MillerCoors, so they’re not exactly high regarded around here. 

Stick to the thread, there’s a lot of great beers out there. 

Huh. I did not know that. Well, it's all water under the bridge. And we do enter the next round-robin, am I wrong?

1 hour ago, nivek3 said:

So does this one rank anywhere on the positive scale for you guys? Never tried the other 3 varieties of Chimay, but I always feel better after a couple of the blue.

chimay-blue-330-ml-9.jpg

Just move on to St. Bernardus Abt 12 or Rochefort 10 and the same for the other styles. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Moon Man is good chit and afaik not distributed outside of WI. BIL brought some down a couple years ago. 

All New Glarus is Wisky only, isn’t it? I think it’s in their motto or something. I have a glass from them my mom brought back for me when she went there, but I haven’t had any of their swill. 

23 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

All New Glarus is Wisky only, isn’t it? I think it’s in their motto or something. I have a glass from them my mom brought back for me when she went there, but I haven’t had any of their swill. 

I believe so. He brought Moon Man and Spotted Cow. Moon Man was better. 

All New Glarus is Wisky only distribution.  IMO it's their golden goose.  They make really good beer, steer clear from anything trendy, and keep it exclusive.  The fact that it's hard to come by makes people crave it more, and it's also a source of pride for the in-state market.

I'm about an hour from the border, and just happened to get over that way last Wednesday.  My in-laws spend summer weekends boating on the Mississippi, so it stays in my fridge for most of the Memorial Day to Labor Day window.