How Fox News works

retread

Zirconia and Polyester are gonna end up on OANN, yes?

You KNOW that OANN is struggling with this very question right now. On one hand, you have two far right trolls that think exactly like their viewers. On the other hand, black.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

Damn. That was pretty devastating. 

It’s clear that Hannity still has some respect for the guy. And it’s clear he knows he’s a liar and that Ted knows he’s a liar. 

Hannity tries to interrupt him but Ted won’t let him and Hannity ultimately defers. Fascinating stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Came here to say that. Sue, ladies!

Oh its coming eventually. If they haven’t released such claims, which I doubt they did, they will eventually sue that Fox discriminated against them because they are black. And the really sad thing is, they will be right. Hilarious indeed. 

Glorious. Surely Charles knew that was the exact answer he'd be getting. Dumbshits at Fox insisted on paying him to send the letter anyway. I have no idea why. 

Of course you do. It gave them conservative street cred and probably several hours of screaming head content.

Fox ought to be called DPN, the Deplorable Network. During a fact checking session, it was reported that they are wrong 60% of the time. During the pandemic, I'm wondering if that has increased. Also, apologies if tweets are not appearing, I seem to be having trouble getting them to appear. The notification says they are embedded, but I see blank space.

Nobody could have predicted the sudden spike in deaths we're going to see.

Last year, Last Week Tonight documented the huge issue we have in this country with unqualified medical examiners, often funeral directors or law enforcement. You’ll see less coronavirus deaths in real time because they will not (cannot) test this port-mortem, especially in-home deaths.

Of course, every accusation being a confession for these sociopaths, FOX has speculated that some places are over-counting corona-virus deaths. Even in the “non-political” Cloak Room CV threads, there are dozens or hundreds of posts on the subject.

So, after the election, in 2021 there will be mortality studies that show CV deaths were massively undercounted. FOX will counter with their own reports, and the cycle continues in the post-truth era.
  • Like 3

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-encouraged-sean-hannity-to-go-after-the-new-york-times-for-its-coronavirus-coverage?ref=home

Over the past month, as Fox News personality Sean Hannity seethed over his—and his network’s—treatment in The New York Times, one of the host’s closest friends quietly encouraged him to exact some revenge on the newspaper for reporting that Hannity had downplayed the threat of the coronavirus.

This particular friend was none other than President Donald Trump, who at the time was busy overseeing the federal response to the pandemic and resulting U.S. economic implosion, as his reelection campaign was also filing lawsuits against various local and national media outlets.

According to two people familiar with the matter, Trump had privately gossiped with Hannity—a prominent informal adviser to this president and one of Trump’s preferred late-night phone buddies—about the Fox host’s desire to make an example of the Times. Though President Trump thought it was a good idea for Hannity to explore legal action against the news outlet, one of the two sources stressed that it “wasn’t the president’s idea” for Hannity and his attorney to shoot off a threatening letter to the Times. Trump did not order or direct Hannity to do so, this source said.

A third person with knowledge of the situation said that for the past month the president had repeatedly complained to advisers that he and other Trumpworld figures should consider lawsuits for all the “lies” news outlets have supposedly told about them during the coronavirus crisis. This source said they were aware of an instance when Trump directly conveyed the sentiment to Hannity and at least one other conservative media personality.

Trump and Hannity happen to share a lawyer: the man who signed the 12-page letter to the Times is Charles Harder, the celebrity attorney infamous in media circles for the Hulk Hogan lawsuit that eventually killed the news and gossip website Gawker. Harder has also done legal work and issued a variety of legal threats on behalf of both the 2020 Trump campaign and the president himself. The lawyer represented First Lady Melania Trump in a successful battle with the Daily Mail. 

Isn't Hannity rich?  Why does his website look like it was created by a freshman community college student in "Intro to the Web 101" and why do I have the feeling my laptop now has AIDS?

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Isn't Hannity rich?  Why does his website look like it was created by a freshman community college student in "Intro to the Web 101" and why do I have the feeling my laptop now has AIDS?

That is a perfect description and I share your sentiment. Rep to you.

Lulz.  Please make this so.  

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/trump-is-really-aiming-to-take-down-fox

When liberals look at Fox News, they tend to see Trump TV: a cable network that, with a few exceptions, has relentlessly pushed his policy objectives, and praised him in the terms that he loves. But that is not the way Donald Trump himself sees it. Trump loves that many Fox hosts are his loudest cheerleaders—but any deviation from Trumpian orthodoxy he views as betrayal. He sees himself as responsible for the network’s continued ratings success, and expects to be treated as such. In private, Trump reminds friends that Fox tried to derail his campaign during the 2016 Republican primary, and he vents that Fox owes its record ratings to him. “At the end of day, Trump thinks he owns Fox. He thinks he made them,” said a Republican who discussed Fox with Trump.

Trump’s frustration with Fox has only intensified during the coronavirus pandemic. As the nation’s COVID-19 death count rises, and Trump’s poll numbers slide, Fox executives have sidelined the network’s most flagrant coronavirus deniers. In late April Fox cut ties with MAGA stars Diamond and Silk after the duo promoted bizarre COVID-19 conspiracies, including speculation that the virus was man-made or that New York state was inflating deaths totals to hurt Trump politically.

Trump’s view that Fox is insufficiently loyal has motivated him to look for a more reliable media partner. On April 26, he tweeted: “The people who are watching @FoxNews, in record numbers (thank you President Trump), are angry. They want an alternative now. So do I!”

Trump now is on the verge of having that alternative. According to sources, an investor group aligned with his son Don Jr. and the Dallas-based Hicks family has acquired a major stake in One America News Network, the fledgling conservative cable-news channel that features hosts like Jack Posobiec, a chief promoter of the Pizzagate conspiracy. “[RNC co-chair] Tommy Hicks and Don Jr. have been looking to buy a station for Trump TV,” said one source briefed on the talks. “This is all about building a Fox competitor. Trump is really aiming to take down Fox,” the person briefed on the deal told me. (A person close to Hicks said he resigned his position from the family business when he joined the RNC and isn’t involved in the OANN deal).

Spoiler

During impeachment, OANN distinguished itself by its brazen airing of pro-Trump propaganda. OANN ran a three-part serieshosted by Rudy Giuliani promoting Trump’s conspiracy that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that meddled in the 2016 election. Former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo—the current spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services—hosted a prime-time special titled: The Ukraine Hoax: Impeachment, Biden Cash, Mass Murder.

Sources said the deal has been dragging on for months, and hasn't yet closed. In January the Wall Street Journal reported that Hicks Equity Partners was in talks to invest $250 million to acquire OANN from parent company Herring Networks Inc. Sources told me OANN president Charles Herring was asking $300 million for the channel, a price the Trump group felt was too high (one source said the final price was around $200 million). It’s unclear whether Don Jr. invested Trump family funds in the deal or was given equity. The infusion of cash will allow OANN to improve production values and expand its modest distribution of 35 million homes (Fox News is available in more than 90 million homes).

“While Don has long enjoyed a close friendship with Tommy Hicks and his family, he is not part of any investment group looking to acquire OANN,” a spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. said in a statement. “Should the Hicks family acquire the network, Don has no doubt that they will make OANN an even bigger success.”

Hicks did not respond to requests for comment. Herring did not respond to an email seeking comment.

As the deal has been moving forward, Trump has been promoting OANN by calling on OANN reporters at White House briefings and tweeting favorably about the network’s coverage. Over the weekend, he tweeted that AT&T is expanding OANN’s distribution. “I hate to be promoting AT&T, but @OANN is Great News, not Fake News. Everybody should be carrying them!”

For Trump, the network serves as both a tactical weapon in the 2020 campaign and a strategic hedge in case he needs a new platform after November. One source told me that if Trump loses, he could use OANN as his post-presidential television platform to host shows. Controlling a network has been something Trump has been mulling since the 2016 election. Thinking he would lose, per the source, Trump dispatched his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to raise money to launch Trump TV. According to the source, Trump considered buying the Weather Channel, then owned by Blackstone, and converting it into a Trump TV network. The deal didn’t go forward because Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman wanted $450 million, far more than the $300 million Trump was willing to pay. (A person close to Kushner denies this. A Blackstone spokesperson also denies the account.)

“Trump’s big thing was always to own a network and be a multibillionaire,” the source said. “If Trump loses, he can be on OANN all the time. And before he leaves office, he has months to pump it up.” This post has been updated to include a denial from Blackstone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

During impeachment, OANN distinguished itself by its brazen airing of pro-Trump propaganda. OANN ran a three-part serieshosted by Rudy Giuliani promoting Trump’s conspiracy that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that meddled in the 2016 election. Former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo—the current spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services—hosted a prime-time special titled: The Ukraine Hoax: Impeachment, Biden Cash, Mass Murder.

Sources said the deal has been dragging on for months, and hasn't yet closed. In January the Wall Street Journal reported that Hicks Equity Partners was in talks to invest $250 million to acquire OANN from parent company Herring Networks Inc. Sources told me OANN president Charles Herring was asking $300 million for the channel, a price the Trump group felt was too high (one source said the final price was around $200 million). It’s unclear whether Don Jr. invested Trump family funds in the deal or was given equity. The infusion of cash will allow OANN to improve production values and expand its modest distribution of 35 million homes (Fox News is available in more than 90 million homes).

“While Don has long enjoyed a close friendship with Tommy Hicks and his family, he is not part of any investment group looking to acquire OANN,” a spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. said in a statement. “Should the Hicks family acquire the network, Don has no doubt that they will make OANN an even bigger success.”

Hicks did not respond to requests for comment. Herring did not respond to an email seeking comment.

As the deal has been moving forward, Trump has been promoting OANN by calling on OANN reporters at White House briefings and tweeting favorably about the network’s coverage. Over the weekend, he tweeted that AT&T is expanding OANN’s distribution. “I hate to be promoting AT&T, but @OANN is Great News, not Fake News. Everybody should be carrying them!”

For Trump, the network serves as both a tactical weapon in the 2020 campaign and a strategic hedge in case he needs a new platform after November. One source told me that if Trump loses, he could use OANN as his post-presidential television platform to host shows. Controlling a network has been something Trump has been mulling since the 2016 election. Thinking he would lose, per the source, Trump dispatched his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to raise money to launch Trump TV. According to the source, Trump considered buying the Weather Channel, then owned by Blackstone, and converting it into a Trump TV network. The deal didn’t go forward because Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman wanted $450 million, far more than the $300 million Trump was willing to pay. (A person close to Kushner denies this. A Blackstone spokesperson also denies the account.)

“Trump’s big thing was always to own a network and be a multibillionaire,” the source said. “If Trump loses, he can be on OANN all the time. And before he leaves office, he has months to pump it up.” This post has been updated to include a denial from Blackstone.

What could go wrong?

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

And a new network will pop up that will make Fox News look sane.

will probably be a line up Alex Jones, Kirk guy and Candice owns 

On 4/30/2020 at 12:02 PM, 4th&Five said:

"Rush Limbaugh made a great point, as he always does" is when I had to press pause, rip my computer out of the wall and throw it out the window.

his character on the radio is a fucking idiot, his listeners can relate to that. 

8 hours ago, HenryJames said:

of course. if you don't praise dear leader then you get the treatment that GWB had this past weekend. If it's not enough now to just not insult Trump you have to praise him at every opportunity. If uncertain how that is, just listen to Pence.