2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

1 minute ago, Drew said:

They're going to play like this and frustrate us all the way to the World Cup Championship aren't they? If they make it there, ugh...

Yeah, disappointing performance by USA so far.... they are fortunate to be ahead 1-0.  

so france has more of the ball and the play is more on our side of the field, but i don't feel like france's chances were dangerous, we're not chasing the game, and if ellis makes the right subs we could break it open.  our spacing is better, and i would rather see this type of game than what we did against spain.

2 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

The US really needs a midfielder who can control possession. Is there one anywhere on the team? Perhaps maybe a substitute who is arguably the best midfielder in the world the coach inexplicably refuses to start?

My mind.  It's pretty fucking boggled right now

We're completely outclassing them on our* end of the pitch, to where 2 goals would end this. i.e. 2-0 - not 2 more. 

The issue is that we're spending too much time on that end of the pitch and our attack has been sloppier than a fat 19 year old losing her virginity. 

Tighten things up and this is 3-0 going away, we'll see you Tuesday, England. 

Edited by ztejas

That wasn't good Dunn...

WTF is Ellis thinking playing her back there? Dunn has skills and as an attacker with her speed and leg she can make a difference.  But there's really no one else in the country better than her on the back line?

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We're completely outclassing them on our* end of the pitch, to where 2 goals would end this. i.e. 2-0 - not 2 more. 

The issue is that we're spending too much time on that end of the pitch and our attack has been sloppier than a fat 19 year old losing her virginity. 

Tighten things up and this is 3-0 going away, we'll see you Tuesday, England. 

Watching a different match I guess.  Except for a few runs by USA, the better play tonight has been by France so far.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Alex Morgan has looked like hammered dogshit this match 

Well she's been hammered by the past 4 opposing teams' defenses so she's probably playing banged up. She's look good in flashes today and is directly responsible for the only goal so far.