Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

So while I'm assuming the odds aren't great, the DL class of our dreams is Harris, Collins, Broughton, Dorbah? Roughly in that order? And with Princely being a more than acceptable replacement if we miss?

Princely has visited a bunch and the staff seems to have him high on the board.  But yes, I think we'd take all 5.  I like the DL kid from California, but I haven't heard a thing about his recruitment.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

It's not that early. By this time last year, Brian Williams had already committed and started the Richardson-->Leal-->Wright series of dominoes. All three of those kids' plans to commit later in the year mysteriously changed. I doubt Jaylon Jones will be the only one this year.

Also I've learned not to get my hopes up with Giles. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it.

I guess it’s not that early. Satya is in midseason form.

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I will be fucking pissed if they actually make up ground with he and Collins. Fucking Giles, I swear. 

at this point you have to blame Herman for any recruiter shortcomings on the staff. he's had the time and support to make any changes he wants to his program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

at this point you have to blame Herman for any recruiter shortcomings on the staff. he's had the time and support to make any changes he wants to his program.

Oh, I do blame Herman for keeping a lazy ass recruiter like him on staff. Almost anyone else would be better at this point. It's a travesty we're stuck with him.

22 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh, I do blame Herman for keeping a lazy ass recruiter like him on staff. Almost anyone else would be better at this point. It's a travesty we're stuck with him.

Didn't you read what Nahlin said? It'll totally be different this year because Tom is paying close attention to him.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Didn't you read what Nahlin said? It'll totally be different this year because Tom is paying close attention to him.

Nah, I didn't read what he said. I also don't trust anything the $9.95ers say, either. They were confident in Leal last year. If it came from TFB I would take it a little more serious, but not from Nahlin. 

2 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Have you done one for Flowe? The Wolverine suggestion made me wonder. Dude tears shit up. I can’t believe how popular these things are, but you can’t argue with the feedback you’ve gotten. 

I only do what the players ask for! They let me know who their favorite superheros are.

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

The 2020 class was birthed in 2001/2002.  Some of you old fucks are showing your age.  It may not be relevant to you, but who gives a shit?  

The Incredibles is an amazing movie and I get liking edits that place you as Mr. Incredible. But that being said, we're all confused by how well they're received considering they're not as clean as the official Texas edits.

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

image.png

image.png

Wonder what the changes are for 2020 Recruiting...... DFW struggles have to be addressed......

What is Herman doing this year to improve recruiting...... 9.95ers have to work back channels and find out.  Hoping more details in March when a lot of contracts are redone.

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

In reference to the guy above but we want him in our corner. Garcia is going to be one of the top '21 QBs and this dude is really pushing him to Texas. 

Basically Premium sports is like Fast 7 on 7 or such and I believe the Matt V guy is the founder so he’s essentially the Ro Simon or FWK of California. Good thing for us this guy seems to be in our corner. 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

In that case, I like Parr even more. The Incredibles is a lot more fun than the Marvel/DC stuff.

To be fair, too, the family in the Incredibles is the Parr family, which probably plays a part in it. 

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Wonder what the changes are for 2020 Recruiting...... DFW struggles have to be addressed......

What is Herman doing this year to improve recruiting...... 9.95ers have to work back channels and find out.  Hoping more details in March when a lot of contracts are redone. 

I think he's hinting that Giles will get more help from the start this year, at least for Broughton 

2 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Ya it seems like Giles will get the recruiting help he desperately needs this year.

I don’t think Tom wants to lose him from the staff as he is a great developer of talent. Just needs help with 40% of his job.

We all know at least one Oscar Giles in our professional lives. 

• Like 1