Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Just now, Beau Vine said:

At what time this evening should I commence to panic if we still have no new commits from this weekend.  

We weren't expected to have any. All the kids that came have said they have longer timelines except perhaps Broughton.

That said I don't think anyone would be shocked if Lindberg just said screw it and committed soon.

Mike Roach: Wrapping up the weekend

The visit weekend is just about over and some kids left campus. Per our policy, we try to give these kids and their family some time to enjoy the visit. As a result, our sources are usually pretty busy. I poked around a bit, and the reviews on the visit have been strong all the way around. I’ve heard a huge impression was made on Chris Thompson. I think Texas opened up a big lead here and I feel very strong about my crystal ball pick. We will have a full rundown in The Stampede.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We weren't expected to have any. All the kids that came have said they have longer timelines except perhaps Broughton.

That said I don't think anyone would be shocked if Lindberg just said screw it and committed soon.

53 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Which one is the one trying to be impressed? Lindberg's Mom? K thanks. 

Awesome. Can you answer mine too? Did I forget the secret word or something? Muledick?

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah last year Tyler Johnson was supposed to wait a while until he committed bit ended up committing a few weeks after an early May OV.

21 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Isn't it the old Back Room location on Riverside? Very small...saw Pantera there in 93 in a semi-secret warmup show for their tour. It was a fucking war zone 

I’m stepping out of thread here but the backroom had like 10 cent wells on Thursday nights back in the mid 90s.

Edited by LW Goatman

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we don't offer Amderson, Tosh Baker never visits, and the staff doesn't really go after George, do we only take 4 OL assuming we land Lindberg and try for 6 in 2021?

Given your premise, with all the high-quality OL in the '21 class, I really can't see us reaching for anyone in this class, especially considering the transfer portal.  If a top JUCO OL were to express interest I could see the staff moving on that, though.

6 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Given your premise, with all the high-quality OL in the '21 class, I really can't see us reaching for anyone in this class, especially considering the transfer portal.  If a top JUCO OL were to express interest I could see the staff moving on that, though.

Nate Anderson and Tosh Baker aren’t reaches. They’d both be in the upper half of our 2020 OL class.

Edited by Burt Macklin

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Suchomel put out a blurb that it was a good update for Lindberg (dad's first time on a recruiting visit) but that he is still going to take all 5 visits, including LSU and UGA in June :/

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

I would put pressure on Lindberg. Bring in Anderson, Braun, Baker - first to commit. Every one of our targets seem content on taking their time. Meanwhile, a bunch of guys who say that they are taking their time visit Georgia and Alabama and commit immediately. It is not a money thing. They are told they are filling up and that if they want to be a part of the class they need to make a decision.

Recruits who will be/should be committing no later than end of summer:

Thompson, Lindberg, Broughton, Rogers, Crawford, Dorbah, Washington, Omerie.

Collins and Umanmielen who knows??

Jackson and Evans closer to NSD1.

Am I missing anyone?  ( I just did in-state guys as OOS recruits is anyones guess ).

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

57 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I like the look of Anderson's film more than Lindberg's, unless Anderson was actually playing at 240 last year instead of the listed 270.

Dallas Opening measurements were 6'4.5, 262 lbs.

Ran a 5.01 forty and a 4.20 shuttle.

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I would put pressure on Lindberg. Bring in Anderson, Braun, Baker - first to commit. Every one of our targets seem content on taking their time. Meanwhile, a bunch of guys who say that they are taking their time visit Georgia and Alabama and commit immediately. It is not a money thing. They are told they are filling up and that if they want to be a part of the class they need to make a decision.

Oh no we suck again

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh no we suck again

Maybe I didn't come across great but my point was that I don't think that Lindberg is worth waiting on. Same with Omerie but our options seem somewhat limited this year at WR. They aren't limited at OL.

52 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The game is different for teams that have played for a national title recently? I'm shocked.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP